Fruits Basket 13 (spoilers)

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Fruits Basket 13 (spoilers)

Postby Sai » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:13 am

Anybody else get their copy yet?? I just got mine last night. I really wanted to smack kyo upside the head some of the time. He was very rude toward Tohru. Yun-yun's mom was also somewhat annoying.
"Bother"
Sai

Postby Kawaiikneko » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:28 pm

yesss I got it last week! I went to get Othello and was pleasantly surprised to find Waldenbooks put out Furuba like two weeks early!

I LLOOOOVED it so much, especially Ayame crashing Yuki's parent-teacher conference. And I liked when Kyo was rejecting that one girl. It was hilarious!

Did you look at the back of the book? Notice the date for the next book? AUGUST 2006!!! *dies*
Kawaiikneko

Postby Sai » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:40 pm

I know, i about vomited when i saw that it comes out in august cause it feels so far but its the same time between 12 and 13. Ayaa's conference crashing was so amusing.
"Bother"
Sai

Postby Puritan » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:09 pm

I thought Kyo was a bit rude, but nicer than he often is. I liked the fact that Momo wants Momiji to be her brother, not only is it cute but it continues to show cracks in the attempts to isolate the Zodiac members from the world isn't working, even when people's memories are erased. And the more I see of Ayame, the more I like him. he may be a bit strange (OK, really strange), but he has a way with people and isn't afraid to speak his mind and try to set things straight.
"...cease not a day from this work; be killing sin or it will be killing you." - John Owen The Mortification of Sin
Puritan

Postby Kawaiikneko » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:19 pm

I turned to the back of the book first to see how long I had to wait for the next one, and when I saw August I read as SLOWLY as possible.

The school council still confuses me slightly. I read them so far apart now that I forget their names and what grades they're in. But I could fix that easily by re-reading the last few books XD I think its great how Yuki's branching out though. When he was talking with the annoying guy (I have his picture in my head, and the fact that he wants to be the Black Ranger) I was like WHOOO YUKI!! Yell at him!

and when Yuki said he wouldn't talk to him again XD That was great
Kawaiikneko

Postby Sai » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:24 pm

Manabe is his name i think.
"Bother"
Sai

Postby Yumie » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:42 pm

I lurved it! And I don't see where you all think that Kyo was being rude. . . at least I don't remember it. Kyo's always been defensive, but he's really softening up, and I thought it was so sweet when Tohru chased after him after he dumped the cat (XD,) and he took her hand. . . that part was also kind of revealing into Tohru, it makes me think that she really could be developing feelings for him beyond just friends *THOUGH IF ANYONE HAS READ THE END OF THIS SERIES, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON'T GIVE IT AWAY, BECAUSE I WOULD PROBABLY DIE IF YOU DID.* Sorry, I always have to interject that, I really would be bummed if someone gave the end away for me after I've been into it for so long now. XD. Anyways, this is the first book ever when I was just really glad when Ayame showed up. Yuki's mom was being such a jerk, and I'm sitting there thinking, "Oh man, this is bad," but as soon as Aya throws the door open, I was like, "Oh, yay! Aya is the perfect one to handle this!" :lol:

I also think it's interesting that Kyo and Yuki have both apparently gotten to the point where they care about Tohru so much that they're OK with not being the ones to end up with her if she wants something else. They're both becoming more and more selfless with each passing book, which I think is cool to see.

And waaah! Momiji and Momo are soo cute, I hope that all works out!
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Postby soul alive » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:48 pm

I laughed so hard at the girl kitty in love with poor Kyo. XD

And I agree, Ayame is starting to grow on me. When he showed up I was all - yay! Ayame saves the day - well, in his own flamboyent way.

I also laughed during Yuki's fight with vice president and how he ended up being 'why did that just come out of my mouth?!?'

I also am curious as to who the man (?) Kureno hid Tohru from at the main house was. I tend to be rather clueless about these things, so I could have totally missed something.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby soul alive » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:49 pm

Gah! double post. Sorry
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Little Momo » Thu May 18, 2006 6:23 pm

I finally got it! It was so great. I loved the part about Momo and Momiji. They are my favarites I was hopeing to see more of Momo. It is so great that she has been watching him. It made Momiji so happy to have Tohru tell him that and he deserves a little happiness. The girl cat falling for Kyo was so funny. I was also chearing when Aya came in to Yuki's interveiw. Yuki's attitude about Aya being there was great too it almost seems they are starting to get along. I liked how Tohru had to find out if Kureno was the same person as Uo had met she is such a careing friend.
This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.[/color]

"...It is better to trust people than to doubt them."~ Tohru Honda :hug:
Little Momo

Postby Kaligraphic » Thu May 18, 2006 6:28 pm

Yumie wrote:*THOUGH IF ANYONE HAS READ THE END OF THIS SERIES, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON'T GIVE IT AWAY, BECAUSE I WOULD PROBABLY DIE IF YOU DID.* Sorry, I always have to interject that, I really would be bummed if someone gave the end away for me after I've been into it for so long now.

At the end, [spoiler]they run out of money and Shigure decides to write a manga about their adventures. It shows him starting to draw and then the series starts all over again.[/spoiler]
:)
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Sai » Thu May 18, 2006 7:08 pm

really....? I thought it hadnt ended yet.
"Bother"
Sai

Postby Bap » Thu May 18, 2006 7:51 pm

Ahhh. I love teh Fruits Basket. u_u; I think it's cute how it seems that Tohru is falling for Kyo~ :DDD

I almost cried at that part with Momiji and Momo though. ;o; That was kinda sad. u_u
Bap

Postby Kkun » Wed May 24, 2006 4:20 pm

I enjoyed it okay. I'm starting to wonder how much more hypersensitivity from the characters I can take. That little outburst with that kid in the school council while Yuki was carrying the flowers was totally bizarre.

[spoiler=Fruits Basket]I guess this is a spoiler? Yuki standing up to his mom was fantastic. Short of engaging her in a battle to the death, it was great.[/spoiler]
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Kenshin17 » Wed May 24, 2006 4:32 pm

I really like this volume, but then I have really liked every volume.

I would also have to agree, Ayame ain't so bad. I to was happy to see him come in as well. "Do not fear I am sending but a text message.." That was good.

I was leaning towards a Yuki x Tohru but now I am rooting for Kyo in that department. Yuki should end up with Wave Girl :lol:

The cat falling for Kyo was a riot. I love re-reading that part.

Oh and little Momo is adorable. Momiji will get to be her brother yet!
A nightingale in a golden cage
That's me locked inside reality's maze
Come someone make my heavy heart light
Come undone, bring me back to life
It all starts with a lullaby
Kenshin17

Postby Kkun » Wed May 24, 2006 6:47 pm

Kenshin17 wrote:I really like this volume, but then I have really liked every volume.

I would also have to agree, Ayame ain't so bad. I to was happy to see him come in as well. "Do not fear I am sending but a text message.." That was good.

I was leaning towards a Yuki x Tohru but now I am rooting for Kyo in that department. Yuki should end up with Wave Girl :lol:

The cat falling for Kyo was a riot. I love re-reading that part.

Oh and little Momo is adorable. Momiji will get to be her brother yet!

Yeah, I think Ayame is one of my favorite characters. He's kind of funny.

Also, the cat falling for Kyo was GREAT. I loved that. :lol:
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews