Star Wars Manga

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Star Wars Manga

Postby KBMaster » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:32 am

I was just wondering, does anyone else like this manga? I am still trying to hunt down the last two(or possibly three, I can't remember!) books from my library.
I personally like the artist of the three middle books so far. The art of first three books is a little bit too cluttered for my tastes.
I like it how they kept the dialogue the same(I'm good at remembering dialogue from a book or movie, so things like that bother me). It was almost perfect!
KBMaster

Postby Myoti » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:08 pm

I saw one of them at my library, but haven't really checked it yet.
Myoti

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:33 pm

Is there an actual manga for Star Wars, or are you refering to some of the comic books? If the latter, I've checked out a number from my local library. Obviously, they varied greatly in quality based upon the writers.
uc pseudonym

Postby Rexman64 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:38 pm

Don't defrost the alligator.

Boy, you're gonna carry that weight, carry that weight a long time...
Rexman64

Postby RobinSena » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:44 am

I've been interested in the Star Wars manga, but I haven't really checked it out.. I do have about 60-70 Dark Horse and Marvel Star Wars comics..
RobinSena

Postby rii namuras » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:41 am

(I have the very first volume of the a New Hope manga - I found it at the SW shop at MGM and got it immediately because I had no clue if I would ever be able to find it again (we don't have any of the manga at our library - just American comic books). I can't say I like the artist that much, though I do love the character sketches in the back. Amusing how the sketches far surpase the comic itself, hmm?)
rii namuras

Postby KBMaster » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:26 am

I ordered the first volume of Return of the Jedi; the art was amazing at some points, but lackluster in others. And it had a bit too much fanservice for my tastes, :eyebrow: But luckily, there won't be much opportunity for that in the future ones. Apparantly, there are four volumes in this arc. I wonder if they are still available for purchase(although, I must admit, I won't buy them if they are ten bucks a pop).
KBMaster

Postby Linksquest » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:45 am

WOW! That's sooo cool! I had no idea that there was a Star Wars Manga out there of any kind. I'll HAVE to check these out! ^_^
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby RobinSena » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:57 am

I just ordered A New Hope and ROTJ from a library in our system.. =)
RobinSena

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews