Fantasy manga?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Fantasy manga?

Postby PrincessZelda » Mon May 29, 2006 10:56 pm

I was kind of noticing there doesn't seem to be much fantasy manga... at least, not that anyone's suggested to me or whatever. I mean, there is fantasy manga, but... it's different from like... LOTR... and stuff like that... do you get what I mean?

I'm just wondering, is there any manga like that? Maybe I just... haven't looked hard enough >_>

But, yeah...
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby Ashley » Mon May 29, 2006 11:39 pm

Inverloch, although it's not been released yet, is a highly successful highly BEAUTIFUL fantasy comic; it's got elves, thieves, mages, and an absolutely fantastic storyline. Definately worth checking out! http://Www.seraph-inn.com

There's also Record of the Lodoss War (OVA, series) that's also LOTR-style fantasy (elves, dwarves, etc.)

Oh yeah, and there's Slayers, but I haven't seen it so I can't tell you what it's about. ^^;;
Ashley

Postby PrincessZelda » Tue May 30, 2006 12:48 am

Oooh, thanks! :grin:
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby jon_jinn » Tue May 30, 2006 5:02 pm

you could try Tsubasa Reservoir Chronical. it's not EXACTLY like LOTR but it's an excellent adventure manga. it's it clean too.
jon_jinn

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue May 30, 2006 5:09 pm

There's also stuff like From Far Away, RG veda and stuff^^ (I probably always relate to the 2 because of the similarity of the main male protaganists).
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Kawaiikneko » Tue May 30, 2006 5:13 pm

if you enjoy reading webcomics there's a wide variety of fantasy manga online for you to seek out. There's good mixed in with the bad (and I haven't followed any webcomics for awhile...) but its really fun to find a really good one.

Reman Mythology is very good, although its temp. discontinued while the artist works on her current manga for Tokyopop. I believe she plans to eventually redo RM and release it through Tokyopop, but in the meantime you can read the awesome old version on this site: http://remanmyth.felaxx.com/
Kawaiikneko

Postby rii namuras » Tue May 30, 2006 5:47 pm

(I second, third, and fourth Inverloch. I just love it, and am going to buy it the next time I go to a bookstore (which will be goodness knows when. O_o).)

(With Tsubasa, it annoys me when people say it's clean, because it's not. It has cursing. Manga with cursing = not clean. I bought the first volume thinking because I was told it's "clean" and had to take my black pen out because I had already bought it. But other than that, it's an excellent manga, wonderfully combining a great story with well done fight scenes and great humor.)
rii namuras

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue May 30, 2006 5:58 pm

ree namuras wrote:

(With Tsubasa, it annoys me when people say it's clean, because it's not. It has cursing. Manga with cursing = not clean.

When I think of "clean" I think more violence and sexuality/nudity. Clean-wise, it is with that. Besides, the language is tamer in there than other manga^^ Sort of hard to find ANY medium without language nowadays anyhow :/
Tenshi no Ai

Postby PrincessZelda » Tue May 30, 2006 6:32 pm

Thanks, everyone! ^^

I actually ended up reading all of Inverloch today because I had absolutely nothing ot do. O_O I read the whole thing! It was crazy.

But anyways, once again, thanks everyone! :grin:

PrincessZelda

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews