Last Hope and Amazing Agent Luna

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Last Hope and Amazing Agent Luna

Postby Pepper Kittie » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:34 pm

I was wondering... has anyone read these mangas? They're both pretty new I think, from the company Seven Seas. I bought Last Hope and I've been reading AAL on the Seven Seas website, but I was wondering if anyone else had an opinion on either of them, or if they wanted to know more about Last Hope. The art in both is absolutely beautiful ^_____^
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
~John 10:10

~* Advocate Voice *~
Pepper Kittie

Postby DaughterOfZion » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:34 am

i started luna yesterday.the villan lacks depth if you want bad guys with depth but other than that i like it.in my opinion the writers portrayed highschool fairly acuratly. its a pretty funny manga.
/ 人 ‿‿人 \
"Validation is for parking."- Steal Like an Artist Austin Kleon
I have deduced that your imagination has no coherence whatsoever.- Kyōya Ōtori
DaughterOfZion

Postby Kisa » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:18 am

What are they about? I have never heard of them.....
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby DaughterOfZion » Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:49 pm

amazing agent luna is about a 15 year old highschool girl going to school for the first time. she was born in a test tube and raised and trained to be the ultimate spy by the government. to find out what the bad guy is doing she must go under cover. being raised by the gov. she must experience every thing at once.
/ 人 ‿‿人 \
"Validation is for parking."- Steal Like an Artist Austin Kleon
I have deduced that your imagination has no coherence whatsoever.- Kyōya Ōtori
DaughterOfZion

Postby Gypsy » Tue May 09, 2006 1:49 pm

I just read Last Hope a couple weeks ago and I loved it. I hope Seven Seas sticks around a bit. I was going to buy Captian Nemo ... but it looked a little too fanservicey and not enough interesting-ey. Yeah, so big Last Hope fan here!
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun May 14, 2006 10:03 am

I've seen Luna at the bookstore, and I've contemplated looking into it, but I've never been able to find out anything about the content. How is it in that regard?
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Pepper Kittie » Wed May 17, 2006 4:59 pm

Well, I've only read the first two volumes of AAL (the third is out... I want it but I'm broke T.T) but what I've read so far I think is really great. Since it's about a girl learning about High School there's some drama and crazy things like that, like crushes and dating and jelousy, but throughout Luna tries to remain optimistic and do her best. It's not that deep of a storyline in my opinion... it seems pretty laid back, actually. But it's cute and I like the characters a lot already ^__^ A very sweet story so far. Though I'm still questioning why it has a "teen" rating to it. So far it's been like an "all ages" manga. I'm curious to know if it will change somehow.

Gypsy: Yeah, that story seemed interesting until I looked through it at the store. Fanservice makes me sad -.- But Last Hope is fun! The next book is supposed to come out this summer too, it's been a while! Seven Seas just keeps on getting more and more manga, it's fun to watch. I'm looking forward to Inverloch ^^
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
~John 10:10

~* Advocate Voice *~
Pepper Kittie

Postby ~BlueRose~ » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:13 pm

I just bought all three of AAL and Last Hope around a week ago and really like them all. It's nice though, because they're not Japanese writers, so they don't have a lot of inapropriate things in them. And they're really good at it too! I was very impressed! It's hard to find rated Teen mangas without a bunch of junk inside them. The thing that makes AAL rated T I know is because of the language, as well as Last Hope too. There's violence and one kind of inapropriate part in Last Hope. But other then that they're both really clean.

I like Oliver in AAL. XD He's so cute!
Avoid truth decay,
read your Bible.

Let no one look down on your youthfulness, but rather in speech, conduct, love, faith and purity, show yourself an example of those who believe. [1Timothy 4:12]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://followingtheson.deviantart.com/
~BlueRose~

Postby That Dude » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:37 pm

I've read both...Though I liked Last Hope a lot more than I like AAL. The art for both is way average for American manga's and Last Hope makes me happy that there are good american manga's other than Megatokyo.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews