DNAngel in limbo?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

DNAngel in limbo?

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:55 pm

I've recently been somewhat concerned for DNAngel. It seems there's been quite a long time between released volumes, and that rarely is a good thing. I finally got around to checking Tokyopop's website, but there wasn't any consolation to be found there. Volume 11, the next volume, doesn't even have a projected release date.

So, has anybody heard anything definitive about this? Any rumors? Etc?
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Hmmm

Postby erlic4god » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:18 pm

Nope, sorry, I haven't heard anything either....Sadly, that happens often with manga I like :(

Hey, you like DNAngel? Check out the DNAngel role play a few of us are trying to organize :)
:sweat: So...up until recently I thought it was the ERLIC brothers, and I just found out it's the ELRIC brothers...so that explains my totally incompetent username :hits_self
erlic4god

Location: Somewhere in the southern regions of Minnesota...for the time being

Postby Debitt » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:41 pm

My guess is they're spacing things out more so Yukiru Sugisaki-sensei can catch up. Volume 12 was released sometime last November/December in Japan. XD I remember distinctly 'cause I got it on its Japanese release day. I was in that country for 7 days and I swear so many things got released while I was there.

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Mangafanatic » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:21 pm

Kokoro Daisuke wrote:My guess is they're spacing things out more so Yukiru Sugisaki-sensei can catch up.

That's what I would have suspected if they had projected the next volume's release date to be, like, six months or a year from now, but it was the fact that there simply was no release date that bothered me. But you're probably right. I'm likely just letting my irrational fears get the best of me. :lol:
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Ashley » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:01 am

There's talk that Sugisaki-sensei will not finish the series; apparhently she's taking a break. I WANT to say she broke her arm, but I think I'm getting her mixed up with Takaya-sensei.
Ashley

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:53 am

Ashley wrote:I WANT to say she broke her arm, but I think I'm getting her mixed up with Takaya-sensei.

Maybe she did break her arm, because Takaya-sensei just messed up her wrist.

Mangaka need to realize that they are simply not permitted to allow harm to come to their bodies. *forces Sugisaki's hand, literally*

Mangafanatic

Postby Kisa » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:33 am

LOL, yea I heard she was sick or somethign and is having a hard time catching up.... if she does her trademark thing and not finish this series I WILL break her arm if it is not already! LOL
What is this about Takaya now????
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Debitt » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:39 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:Maybe she did break her arm, because Takaya-sensei just messed up her wrist.

Mangaka need to realize that they are simply not permitted to allow harm to come to their bodies. *forces Sugisaki's hand, literally*

Hurry Osaka! D: We must book Hello Kitty Air and go help her!

Debitt

Postby Sai » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:34 pm

Are you serious that she is talking about not finishing the series??
"Bother"
Sai

Postby soul alive » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:33 pm

Noo. Must finish series. Sad, sad day.

Now that I've gotten the incoherency out of the way, I've been wondering why no release date has shown up anywhere... It would be a hugely big bummer if this series was not finished. Would be nice to have some sort of an explanation or statement, even if it were a 'sorry suckers, not finishing it.'

The manga-ka has not finished series before? *uninformed* :shady: Oooooh.
*joins growing mob of angry, threatening fan-girls with pointy weapons*

XD
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby KrescentMoon » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:11 pm

And here I thought it was finished! DNAngel started like, 4 years ago or something? Maybe more. >_>;

Now, a mangaka with bad luck is Hoshino Katsura. She always gets sick! ; ; I hope she recovers soon and takes it easy.

"The key to tomorrow is to have faith for a better day."
KrescentMoon

Postby Debitt » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:08 pm

=X Must be a manga-ka bug going around. Katsura-sensei's been sick for a while, and so has Sakura Kinoshita-sensei. >.<; We need to send them all get-wells, dangit!

Debitt

Postby CreatureArt » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:37 pm

I haven't read much of DNAngel but I picked the first volume up in the store the other day and really enjoyed it so I hope the author does finish/continue the series. However, if they DO decide to finish the series as is and its a question between doing a rush finish or leaving it hanging without a proper end I'm not sure I like either option as a general rule ^_^". I've spotted rushed endings in films, books etc. before and they haven't been pretty.

Still, I'm probably getting ahead of myself as from what I can tell from the posts so far nothing is certain yet and I'll hope that the series continues until a natural end as I think I'd like to collect the series someday. :)

Wow.... I hope that there isn't a secret plot to get ride of all manga-ka, what with so many of them sick and all. We must send them some Full Tonics and Heals post-haste! (Forgive me. I've been playing Chrono Trigger quite a bit lately).
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby Icarus » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:49 pm

I would like to remind the board at large that girls aren't the only ones that like this series. And blast it, we will not go down without a fight!
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:29 am

Kokoro Daisuke wrote:Hurry Osaka! D: We must book Hello Kitty Air and go help her!

*Osaka, Arioc, and Kodai make a mad rush on Hello Kitty in a DNAngel frenzy*

Mangafanatic

Postby Kisa » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:31 am

*Kisa joins the flight*
Arrr I heard she was just sick and not just quitting it, hope thats true... if she does another Pilot Candidate on us I thiink I'll have a breakdown ><
Kisa

Postby Debitt » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:53 pm

Kisa wrote:*Kisa joins the flight*
Arrr I heard she was just sick and not just quitting it, hope thats true... if she does another Pilot Candidate on us I thiink I'll have a breakdown ><

Thinking about Megami Kohousei makes me cry. ;_; I loved that series.

Debitt

Postby Kisa » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:38 am

I know! I was like... next volume? there is no next volume! ARRRG!
I read a interview with her where she told the interviewer how the story would end and that she was planning on finishing it, but never did! >< that was in 2000....
anyway, back to DNAngel, lol....
Kisa

Postby That Dude » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:47 pm

I read a while ago that she was taking a year long hiatus from her manga-ka work...I'm not all the way sure how true it is but it would explain a lot.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:58 am

I actually surprised myself when I realized I had all 10 DNAngel volumes so far. I guess I'm a fan.
Hmm, that broken arm thing gives me an idea. we should fly to Japan and do a Misery-type deal on Sugisaki-sensei. Oh wait... Misery didn't end quite so beautifully, did it? Maybe that's not such a good idea, then.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby rocklobster » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:41 am

Drat. And I'm going to be starting the anime on Youtube soon. After I finish Outlaw Star and Azumanga Daioh that is.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:16 pm

Save a seat on that plane for me ~ I love DNAngel.

It'd be really sad if the manga never finished. It was a great series.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby soul alive » Wed May 03, 2006 1:49 pm

Just found today on Tokyopop's site that there will indeed be a volume 11, and it is set to release the middle of September. Yay!

Link to info page on Tokyopop:
volume 11
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Kisa » Tue May 30, 2006 8:46 pm

YAY! Takaya snesie is definitley had me worried on how she has a track record of non-finished series... (lagoon Engine, Pilot Candidate) glad to hear theres still more DNAngel ^^
Kisa

Postby That Dude » Wed May 31, 2006 8:41 pm

Sounds neato.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews