Monster

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Monster

Postby Silent Hunter » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:45 pm

Has anyone read the manga called "monster?" I've only heard of it, and I couldn't find a review of it in the manga reviews. So, I was wondering if some of you all could give an overview of the content.

thanks - SH

[color=#000000]Me: "Hey, what's her last name?"

Brett: "Doesn't matter. It's going to change anyway."

Brett: "Why do they call it tourist season if you can't shoot them?"

[/color]
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Signature, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
Silent Hunter

Postby Syreth » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:23 pm

I've seen most of the anime. It's really good as far as that goes, but I don't know if the manga is different. The plot is really amazing, it promotes good principles and it's really mysterious. There are hmm... two instances where there is nudity in the whole series that i've seen, but doesn't have anything to do with the plot (in other words, you can close your eyes or skip by it and you won't be missing any of the story). I don't know how the manga handles this. Hope I helped.
Syreth

Postby Silent Hunter » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:25 pm

Syreth wrote:I've seen most of the anime. It's really good as far as that goes, but I don't know if the manga is different. The plot is really amazing, it promotes good principles and it's really mysterious. There are hmm... two instances where there is nudity in the whole series that i've seen, but doesn't have anything to do with the plot (in other words, you can close your eyes or skip by it and you won't be missing any of the story). I don't know how the manga handles this. Hope I helped.
yes, that helps some, thanks

[/color]
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Signature, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
Silent Hunter

Postby Tringard » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:44 am

I read the first few volumes some time back and it followed along pretty close to the anime. Really enjoyed both (but I think I preferred the anime), but then got behind and never caught up with either. Been waiting for license since (see now that manga has been...)
Calm seas do not make skillful sailors.
- African proverb

I choose to follow
Focusing on forever
Day I see His face
Tringard

Postby That Dude » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:20 pm

I've read the first volume of the manga. The only copy that's out in the states right now (not including scantilations.) Anyway it was mostly clean...Though there's some voilence and gross surgery gore.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby jon_jinn » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:08 pm

You could try animenewsnetwork.com. They have a review on the manga and a lot of other mangas and animes too and they also have additional information on the series if that helps. It's not a christian site but they tell you the plot and stuff. I'm not sure if you'll want to read Monster though cause the site gave it an "M" rating. Since you're 17, you're probably mature enough but you never know. I've never read it though so I'm not sure. Hope I helped.
jon_jinn

Postby soul alive » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:30 pm

I just picked up the first volume of the manga, I really enjoyed it. I'm not too keen on gore, but this was mroe surgical not violent gore, and I could more than handle it. I don't know about later volumes, but it was nothing worse than what you would see on shows like ER, or in science textbooks.

I really liked the suspense, I love good murder mysteries, and this looks to be pretty darn good.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:25 pm

Monster (I have seen all of it) is pretty much exact to the anime. The manga does have some nudity and sex (no frontal pelvis shown) but its not "fanservicey"
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby jon_jinn » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:12 pm

yes. i read the very first volume today at Borders and i have to admit that i was amazed by the manga. i have finally realized that the author has a very big talent of putting average characters who lead regular lives into very unusual and sometimes bizarre situations of much intensity. it's very interesting to see how the characters act in these situations and the how the author puts all the different times together to make everything fit. an excellent manga.
jon_jinn

Postby Silent Hunter » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:30 pm

thanks guys :)! Sounds like a good manga. :thumb: I'll have to check it out. I haven't read many murder mysteries, so this should keep me in suspense. btw - about how many volumes are there for the manga

[/color]
Silent Hunter

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:06 pm

Silent Hunter wrote:thanks guys :)! Sounds like a good manga. :thumb: I'll have to check it out. I haven't read many murder mysteries, so this should keep me in suspense. btw - about how many volumes are there for the manga

18 volumes. 74 episodes

Oh and trust me, it is MUCH more than a "murder mystery". It's a "oh my gosh what the crap is happening this is absolutely amazing" type of thing. Hard to explain
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby That Dude » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:19 pm

Hey MSP...Do you know if they are planning on bringing the anime out in the states or is it only available through download?
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:18 pm

Currently, I do not know. I speculate that it will be released in the US sometime in the future though
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Tringard » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:44 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:Currently, I do not know. I speculate that it will be released in the US sometime in the future though

From what I can tell it is not currently licensed, but I can only hope that now that the manga is working its way out that the anime will soon follow.
Calm seas do not make skillful sailors.
- African proverb

I choose to follow
Focusing on forever
Day I see His face
Tringard

Postby That Dude » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:08 pm

Well with the manga licensed and the anime a fan favorite from what I hear I'm guessing that it should be out in at least a year.
That Dude

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:12 pm

That Dude wrote:Well with the manga licensed and the anime a fan favorite from what I hear I'm guessing that it should be out in at least a year.

Hopefully, I am so buying like the entire box set.
Mr. SmartyPants

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews