manga with CoLoUr!

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

manga with CoLoUr!

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:33 pm

Hmm I'm curious to knwo just HOW many manga out there have colour 1st pages and even a bit of the chapter in colour (cause me likely colour^^). And well, I know in most cases Tokyopop only colours in the skinny volumes :/ (booo!) Here's all I own and know about, so can anyone help me out with my quest for colour?

Angelic Layer (not all skiny but ALL have 2-pages of a colour!)
Chobits vol. 8 (skinniest of them all and only with with colour begining :/)
The One I Love (coloured for a whole chapter and even has textured pages!)
Juvenille Orion (nice colour piccie on the inside^^)
Di Gi Charat Theatre (likewise with Orion... maybe Broccoli is just nice that way^^)
Ah My Goddess: Colours (comign soon I think, has intro stories to the 3 main girls in FULL colour!!)
Fruits Basket (inside covers^^ not till vol. 2 though :/)

:/ I wish more manga had inside cover pics in colour :/ That was the bets part of Shonen Jump too was the random cover pics in colour as well as a couple pages... I'm assuming the GNs don't do that though :/
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Debitt » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:20 pm

A lot of Japanese graphic novels have a few of their pages colored - but when those series are brought to the US, TokyoPop/ADV/whoever doesn't seem to want to put those colored pictures in. I think I own one series from TokyoPop that has colored pictures in it, and that's Gravitation, but I don't think many people would be interested in that. ^^;

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby kazekami » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:34 pm

Actually in Japan a lot of series have some color pages in the initial printing for the Antologies. They usually don't get put in the Graphic Novels though. They get gray scaled. Except for a few exceptions. One of he reason I like Ribon Magazine so much. Get all the nice color pages.
Meow!

adopted by spirit-me-away and CephasVII

proud adopter of:
Azier the Swordsman, Sakura's Wings(kitty form), Sora(kingdom Hearts), Squall Leonhart(FFVIII and KH), Li Syaoran(Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles),
kurogane (Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles) blessedsolitude, Animagus24, scarletfire818, LeaChan-4ever, teen4truth, Starfire1, Kura Ookami, 1BalloonPopper, Sheenar, Dunedan, Fantasy Dreamer, starfire, zelda, Erin

I like swords. They are nice and shiny and sharp. :jump:

I Love
^__^
( ^.^)
(\/ \/)
(,,)(,,)

T3h Neko
KITTIES WILL RULE THE UNIVERSE!!!!
kazekami

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:38 pm

My Aria manga have a few colored pages in the begining... It must be expensive to print whoel chapters in color.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:06 pm

The one I love has quite a few color pages, as does the last volume of Azumanga Daioh and Pretear. I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of them at the moment.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Arnobius » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:07 pm

some volume 1s have colored pages of my JP manga

There is a JP version of Love Hina called Iro-Hina where they have black, white and orange. I don't like it personally
Arnobius

Postby kazekami » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:32 pm

THe kanzenban(I think thats the spelling) which are the really nice special edition Japanese mangas have all the color pages ever done in them. HTey also have 2 volumes of the regular version GN's put in one. I have the Fushigi Yugi ones. They are really really nice. Wonderful paper quatlity and print quality. And the color pages are really pretty. =D
Meow!

proud adopter of:
Azier the Swordsman, Sakura's Wings(kitty form), Sora(kingdom Hearts), Squall Leonhart(FFVIII and KH), Li Syaoran(Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles),
kurogane (Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles) blessedsolitude, Animagus24, scarletfire818, LeaChan-4ever, teen4truth, Starfire1, Kura Ookami, 1BalloonPopper, Sheenar, Dunedan, Fantasy Dreamer, starfire, zelda, Erin

I Love
^__^
( ^.^)
(\/ \/)
(,,)(,,)

T3h Neko
kazekami

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:44 pm

The Kingdom Hearts manga has the first couple of pages colored. Not sure if Tokyopop will keep it that way.
SorasOathkeeper

Postby TrigunX89 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:03 am

I wish the colored pages would make it to more graphic novels... Oh well. The beginning of Chrono Crusade volume 1 has a few color pages.
TrigunX89

Postby Kisa » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:12 am

Fruits basket, Rizelmine and The One I Love have some color in them ^^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Ashley » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:29 am

So does Scrapped Princess.
Ashley

Postby kazekami » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:10 am

The 1st volume of Xxxholic and Tsubasa Resivior Chronicles do too in English.
Meow!

proud adopter of:

I Love
^__^
( ^.^)
(\/ \/)
(,,)(,,)

T3h Neko
kazekami

Postby oro! » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:30 pm

I saw that Planetes 003, or something like that had color in the front. Didn't actually read it though, so I don't know if it's any good. The color was kinda washy, but that's all I was looking at.
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:15 pm

SorasOathkeeper wrote:The Kingdom Hearts manga has the first couple of pages colored. Not sure if Tokyopop will keep it that way.

Oooo didn't even know they licensed it! ...dare I read it before I beat the game? (One of those games I stuck aside cause I couldn't beat one part^^)
Ah yes the manga... Cid gets ahold of a flamethrower... heh

*cough*
Tenshi no Ai

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews