Yotsuba&! vol. 2

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Yotsuba&! vol. 2

Postby soul alive » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:14 pm

has anyone else gotten it yet? i was surprised that it was released so soon (i was thought it would take longer... *shrugs*)

and oh man is it a riot.

i was in tears from laughing so hard
[spoiler]especially during the 'the frog' chapter, where the three girls kept screaming and screaming, and the one never would take that, erm, mask-thing off, and the frog, and the teddy bear. *wipes eyes* [/spoiler]

and Jumbo just cracks me up.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Sync » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:22 pm

you mean Giraffe-san?
Sync

Postby Sai » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:49 pm

Its already out? When was the first one released?
Sai

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:07 pm

Oh, man, I loved this volume. Especially [spoiler] the chapter on revenge! "Save your excuses for the devil." [/spoiler] It's random GOLD! GOLD, I tell you!
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:32 am

Ahhhhh!!!! I Need It!!!!
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:39 am

Shao Feng-Li wrote:Ahhhhh!!!! I Need It!!!!

Yusssss! Go forth and purchase!
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:47 am

I pull out my pockets and recieve only lint. I open my wallet only to see lonely little moths fly for freedom.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:09 am

Shao Feng-Li wrote:I pull out my pockets and recieve only lint. I open my wallet only to see lonely little moths fly for freedom.

*Moarns state of Shao's wallet* Such is the fate of the fangirl.

Mangafanatic

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:12 am

O! Woe is me!

Aria, Ultra Maniac and Marmalade Boy can wait.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Yumie » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:20 am

Lol, it was so hysterical. . .

[spoiler] I love all the things that Yotsuba says in the revenge chapter. . .

"You look like your tired of livin'."
"Save you're excuses for the devil."
"Now your all dead."

Man, it was some great stuff! :lol:[/spoiler]
Yumie

Postby Kawaiikneko » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:38 am

Aww I loooved the revenge chapter~~ Though I didn't laugh at their translation as much as the one I read online... XD Yotsuba is awesome.
Kawaiikneko

Postby soul alive » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:25 pm

the revenge chapter was great XD [spoiler] i felt so sorry for the guy who Asagi was talking on the phone with when Yotsuba was holding her up, hearing the random ends of the conversation, that Asagi had a gun pointed in her face... bwahaha ... and when Yotsuba 'killed' the teddy bear *wipes another tear from eye* [/spoiler]
it kind of makes me wonder if the second one came out so quickly, how quickly the third will come out... and does anyone know how long the series is going to be?
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:09 am

Hopfully I'll be able to buy it today. LEt's see. 1 came out in June I believe... 2 just came out this month... November maybe? (I'm guessing that I have the first date right. But I think it'll be in either September or November.)
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:39 am

Yep. It's slated for release early in October.

Mangafanatic

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:41 am

Oops. I skipped a month. Replace November with October in my previous post. ^^;;
Shao Feng-Li

Postby termyt » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:17 am

Argh! I haven't got my copy, yet. Maybe tonight, then I can actually go and read all of your posts.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:24 am

Hey guys, here's a .GIF I made from my favorite part of this volume: Image

Mangafanatic

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:34 pm

That's disturbing. I couldn't get it today! *bummed*
Shao Feng-Li

Postby soul alive » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:26 pm

*is bummed for Shao Feng-Li and others who can't/haven't gotten it yet* bring much joy to your life it will.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby Yumie » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:38 pm

Next time I see Osaka taking a nap, I'm totally going to get a water gun and squirt it up her nose. . . yeah, she'll be mad at first, but hopefully she'll laugh later. I know I will!
Yumie

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:49 am

Yumie wrote:Next time I see Osaka taking a nap, I'm totally going to get a water gun and squirt it up her nose. . . yeah, she'll be mad at first, but hopefully she'll laugh later. I know I will!

Yeah, I'll laugh. But you'll never know if I'm laughing because of your prank or because I'm plotting my revenge on you. And save your excuses for the devil.

Mangafanatic

Postby termyt » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:18 pm

My favorite lines came at the end of the famed revenge episode:
[spoiler]"So, did you get your revenge?"

"I died!"

"See, revenge won't get you anything."[/spoiler]

Although the most memorable scene in the book is look on Yotsuba's face during the cake incident with Asagi.
termyt

Postby Yumie » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:10 pm

termyt wrote:Although the most memorable scene in the book is look on Yotsuba's face during the cake incident with Asagi.

Ha ha, this is true!

And Osaka. . .*points water gun at sisters head* don't talk.
Yumie

Postby Aeolus21 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:37 pm

Ah, I just finished reading volume 2. Yotsuba&! is so hilarious! I am particularly fond of Yotsuba, as well as Fuuka and Jumbo. Definately enjoyed the early bit when the girls went out painting. :)

Volume 4 is supposed to be released in Japan a few months from now. It's my hope that after that, there will be an anime produced for this series...
Aeolus21

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:53 pm

I believe there's on in the making.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Yumie » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:24 pm

Aeolus21 wrote:Volume 4 is supposed to be released in Japan a few months from now. It's my hope that after that, there will be an anime produced for this series...

Oh, I hope so, that would rock!! :rock:
Yumie

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:01 pm

Shao Feng-Li wrote:I believe there's on in the making.

I actually read on AnimeNfo that there was a lot of speculation that there would be an anime due to a few actions from producers and stuff but they made a statement and said that no "Yotsuba&" anime was in the works.

They could be lying-- gee, I hope they are!--, but it seems the offical word is no Yotsuba& anime. Darn it. *double snaps*

Mangafanatic

Postby Rev. Doc » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:14 pm

Rumors were surfacing this past weekend that ADV was in the works of aiding financially in the production of an anime. Since they are putting out the manga it would be a good guess that this is possibly it. With the success they had with Azumanga Daioh and as good as the material is in Yotsuba&! I would definately give them a thumbs up.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby termyt » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:40 am

That would be good news, indeed. ADV had a panel at ColossalCon, among other things, they said that Japanese production companies are pressuring US companies to share the cost of creating anime. This would be a good first venture for ADV.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:53 am

Rev. Doc wrote:Rumors were surfacing this past weekend that ADV was in the works of aiding financially in the production of an anime. Since they are putting out the manga it would be a good guess that this is possibly it. With the success they had with Azumanga Daioh and as good as the material is in Yotsuba&! I would definately give them a thumbs up.

ADV aiding in production? That would be an unusual precedence. I wonder if they would dub it and release it in Japan first, then bring it to the US like they usually do, or would they skip a domestic release and import it straight to the US for voice acting.

Mangafanatic

Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews