Fruits Basket volume 9

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Fruits Basket volume 9

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Thu May 19, 2005 1:23 pm

Ok, for some odd reason they released FuruBa vol. 9 early here *not complaning* ANy how I loved it!^^ I'm glad they explained Hana's story *even though i already knew it-_-;;* I love the parts with Kyo and Shishou, it's so cute.

[spoiler] And it's out, the people who were talking about Yuki at the end of vol. 7 were Manabe and Machi! ^^ I love Manabe, he's so funny! "I'm black!" XD too good. [/spoiler]

[spoiler]And i was so happy when they showed Kureno! I forgot he was going to be in this one. And yeah more Rin!^^[/spoiler]

[spoiler]And it's out! Yuki is the red hat boy! XD[/spoiler]

[spoiler] And Kyo's dad is evil! *_*[/spoiler]
SorasOathkeeper

Postby Indigo_Eyes » Fri May 20, 2005 12:57 pm

...lucky!
Indigo_Eyes

Postby Cedahlia » Fri May 20, 2005 2:05 pm

Noo! They have not released it here yet! I have been really looking forwards to this volume, since it is the one that truly goes past the anime.
"Not believing is letting each other down, that's how it is."

~Lacus Clyne
Cedahlia

Postby Seaniel » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:00 pm

I've got it too. All I can say is...that's crazy, the stuff with Rin. If I hadn't cheated a bit and read an interesting fanfic, I'd have never been able to look at a certain furry friend the same way again.

Also...gah. I can't talk about it. I don't know how to use the spoiler commands. But it's so cute! Dragonshimmer has an idea of what I speak.
"This is not dystrophy, but desire.
Desire for comfort in the dark."
~Jason Gleason
Seaniel

Postby Sai » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:19 pm

I disliked rin's shirt and skirt but otherwise I liked the book.
Sai

Postby Jasdero » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:41 pm

Seaniel wrote:Also...gah. I can't talk about it. I don't know how to use the spoiler commands.

Wrap what you want to say in these tags: [PHP][spoiler] [/spoiler][/PHP]^__^

*tests it out to make sure she was right*

[spoiler]o_~ success![/spoiler]
Jasdero

Postby Seaniel » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:07 am

Is it a coincidence that I'm the only male in this thread? Oh well, I feel special. Anyway what I was going to say...

[spoiler]Kyo and Tohru are so adorable in this. That part where they're looking at the stain on the wall. The imagery is a brand of touching only Takaya-san could express.[/spoiler]

Also.

[spoiler]Yes, Rin dresses quite racey. I've come to find out why, though I don't know the exact details. I won't cheat myself of those. Anyway, the scene with her and Shigure. It left me dumbfounded. I'm glad I understand better now.[/spoiler]
"This is not dystrophy, but desire.
Desire for comfort in the dark."
~Jason Gleason
Seaniel

Postby Kawaiikneko » Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:46 am

I was so excited, I got this like 3 weeks early XD I LOVED the parts with Machi and Manabe *cracks up* ahhh that was great
Kawaiikneko

Postby Kisa » Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:52 am

ah! mijnes on its way in the mail from amazon ^^ i cant wait!
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Tora » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:36 am

I was so excited to find that it was out early. ^_^ I thought I wouldn't be able to get it for a couple weeks!
[spoiler]Kureno was different than I expected him to be. I thought he'd be more like Akito, rather than Tohru.[/spoiler]
Tora

Postby Sai » Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:49 pm

Yeah mine came early too
Sai

Postby haru_bay_nay » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:26 am

I loved this volume, all except for freaky Rin. >_> What's the deal with her and Shigure??? I know some other people here know, but... Ergh... I'm confuzzled. Only like 2 months til the next one... >.<
haru_bay_nay

Postby Doubleshadow » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:59 am

I got I yesterday! Wowie, lots of stuff happenning, most of which has been addressed.
[spoiler] I see we have a 'bad girl' Sohma. That's maybe the one personality type left that Takaya-sensei hadn't addressed. That also makes her the Rooster by default. That means no more Zodiac members to be seen. I wonder how Tohru will deal with her? I wonder why she was acting that why towards Shigure if she was dating Haru. And has anyone noticed Kagura hasn't been on the scene much lately? [/spoiler]
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby soul alive » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:11 pm

last month, i saw this at the store and was all - 'what??!? it's out??' but i didn't argue, and bought it, and enjoyed it. the extra story at the back was great. XD

so if this one came out early, and the next few volumes are supposed to come out monthly instead of bi-monthly, does this mean that we get 10 this month?? :evil: ooh, i do hope so.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Nate » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:16 pm

Doubleshadow wrote:[spoiler] I see we have a 'bad girl' Sohma. That's maybe the one personality type left that Takaya-sensei hadn't addressed. That also makes her the Rooster by default. That means no more Zodiac members to be seen. I wonder how Tohru will deal with her? I wonder why she was acting that why towards Shigure if she was dating Haru. And has anyone noticed Kagura hasn't been on the scene much lately? [/spoiler]

[SPOILER]Actually, Rin is the horse, not the Rooster. And I'll tell you this...you've already met the Rooster in Volume 9, but I won't say who it is for those of you who don't know. ]

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Puguni » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:34 pm

kaemmerite wrote:[SPOILER]Actually, Rin is the horse, not the Rooster. And I'll tell you this...you've already met the Rooster in Volume 9, but I won't say who it is for those of you who don't know. ]

I'm in on the secret. But I musn't tell. ^____^ I <3 the rooster soooo much. *glomp*
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby haru_bay_nay » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:54 pm

[SPOILER]SAY WHAT?!?!?!? RIN'S THE HORSE??? NOOOOO!!!! ...My sign is the horse...I was hoping Kureno was the horse. Crap. My favorite sign is my least favorite(so far) Sohma. :mutter: :bang: [/SPOILER]
haru_bay_nay

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:57 pm

haru_bay_nay wrote:[SPOILER]SAY WHAT?!?!?!? RIN'S THE HORSE??? NOOOOO!!!! ...My sign is the horse...I was hoping Kureno was the horse. Crap. My favorite sign is my least favorite(so far) Sohma. :mutter: :bang: [/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]What are you talking about, the horse rocks! She's not all that she seems.^^ And yes....the other "bad girl"......heh heh heh......[/SPOILER]
SorasOathkeeper

Postby Doubleshadow » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:20 pm

[SPOILER] Well, I blew that! I thought she made twelve, I forget Kyo doesn't count. :sweat: [/SPOILER]
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Kireihana » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:32 pm

I enjoyed Furuba, as usual. But to me it seems like we are seeing less and less of Shigure! (Or is that just me?) I miss his wisecracks. I also missed Aaya in this volume; from the cover I expected him to be in there. Oh well.

I hope Uo doesn't become more girly in light of her new "love" life... I really like "yankee" Uo-chan we've all come to know and love.
Kireihana

Postby Nate » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:15 pm

Doubleshadow wrote:[SPOILER] Well, I blew that! I thought she made twelve, I forget Kyo doesn't count. :sweat: [/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]Actually, Rin DOES make twelve. Remember, there are thirteen curse animals. Twelve of them are zodiac members, one (Kyou, the cat) is not. So far you have seen eleven zodiac members. To say any more would be a spoiler.[/SPOILER]

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby kirakira » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:47 pm

Oh, 9 was happy. ^___^

I wasn't too pleased with Rin's clothes, but the happy marker fixed that. ^_^

[spoiler]Ooooo, spoiler tags. 0_o[/spoiler]
Love wins.
kirakira

Postby Little Momo » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:10 pm

I finally got to read it. My volume 9 has been here for 3 weeks but volume 8 was back ordered. I loved it! It was great finding out about Hana's past it makes her more real just knowing what she has gone through. It makes you want to give her a great big hug. Little Momo glumps Hana-chan. :hug: :hug:
This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.[/color]

"...It is better to trust people than to doubt them."~ Tohru Honda :hug:
Little Momo

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews