Squishy Manga?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Squishy Manga?

Postby Ichigo_89 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:10 pm

Do your manga graphic novels start getting slightly smaller in width by being smushed up against all your other mangas on a shelf? I know mine do, and it kinda freaks me out for some reason. Comments?
Ichigo_89

Postby termyt » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:47 pm

This could be a very serious problem.

You aren't mixing genres on a single shelf are you?

Some genres of manga are known to eat other genres. It can get really ugly. You should separate all of your manga by genre. I had mine sorted alphabetically by title until one day when I discovered my Lum graphic novels had been reduced to a single volume while my Love Hina collection had grown to a massive fourteen volumes.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Jasdero » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:26 am

Sir Termyt is dead on. Many manga volumes are boreline domesticated breeds. Its best to avoid bending pages -"dog ears"- as well as opening them up all the way, creating a crease on the spine. It'll only aggravate them and create hostility in their appearance. Not only will your prized manga volume look uncultivated, it's likely to become sick, and may start shedding its pages. Ah, and to avoid jealousy between different series, try to read each one for an equal amount of time. Never treat one particular series better than the others. It will, as Sir Termyt said, manage to wither away from the constant pressure the others give it.
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby Ichigo_89 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:09 am

You guys are so funny.-_- (not) But no, I don't bend em or create creases in the spine. I treat them all with great care.
Ichigo_89

Postby Hitokiri » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:18 am

Maybe you shouldn't hacky sack them all the time :lol:

Anyways, how many do you have per shelf. If you put alot on, they might start to squish together.
Hitokiri

Postby Arnobius » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:39 am

Sunako wrote:Sir Termyt is dead on. Many manga volumes are boreline domesticated breeds. Its best to avoid bending pages -"dog ears"- as well as opening them up all the way, creating a crease on the spine. It'll only aggravate them and create hostility in their appearance. Not only will your prized manga volume look uncultivated, it's likely to become sick, and may start shedding its pages. Ah, and to avoid jealousy between different series, try to read each one for an equal amount of time. Never treat one particular series better than the others. It will, as Sir Termyt said, manage to wither away from the constant pressure the others give it.

Unfortunately, the older Viz breeds tend to shed pages no matter what you do
Arnobius

Postby Jasdero » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:55 pm

ZIPO_MASTER* wrote:You guys are so funny.-_- (not) But no, I don't bend em or create creases in the spine. I treat them all with great care.

o.o... You were.. serious...? XD]Unfortunately, the older Viz breeds tend to shed pages no matter what you do[/QUOTE]
Ah... I try to abstain from that lineage. They've been known to lose some personality during the breeding process. Also, they may gain the habit of spouting some unintelligible phrases.

Jasdero

Postby Doubleshadow » Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:32 pm

Slightly off topic, but I thought "Squishy manga" meant a manga about Elric-kun. I must be losing it.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Jasdero » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:11 pm

Doubleshadow wrote:Slightly off topic, but I thought "Squishy manga" meant a manga about Elric-kun. I must be losing it.

XD If you're losing it, then I'm definitely on track with you. I thought the same thing last night. ^^

Jasdero

Postby This is Song » Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:01 pm

Nothing wrong with that! if it's still readable, i don't mind ^^
This is Song

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews