DNAngel

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby Kisa » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:21 pm

LOL, I know! I want them so bad, as well as the new Imadoki that is out! ^^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Lady Arianrod » Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:36 pm

Ashley wrote:Yes, DNAngel #6 (of 10 licensed) should be out 02.08.05--on the same release as Furuba, correct.

That soon? I can't wait! :thumbsup:
~Life is the art of drawing without an eraser~

Lady Arianrod, lover of nature and fire.

Hello there! I'm back after a long break! I started watching anime again in 2016. I still check the forum too!

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33
Lady Arianrod

Postby Doubleshadow » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:48 am

I want to try DNAngel so bad, but no sign of it at my Borders. I need to try some other stores.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:57 am

If worse comes to worse, you could always have them order it for you.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Debitt » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:39 pm

Doubleshadow wrote:I want to try DNAngel so bad, but no sign of it at my Borders. I need to try some other stores.

Or harass the people at the info desk. xD; If it's not there, ask them to check the back....>_> yes, if you're curious, I am the bane of a Borders employee's existance.

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Kisa » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:15 pm

Kokoro Daisuke wrote: I am the bane of a Borders employee's existance.

LOL you go get em! Don't let them hide the precious series from you!
Kisa

Postby Kireihana » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:05 am

Try looking in the teen or young adult section. For some reason, in a lot of book stores (well, mostly Barnes & Noble) that I've been to they have some series, such as DNAngel and Kodocha, not with the rest of the manga.
Kireihana

Postby Lady Arianrod » Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:38 pm

Even though it's in the teen section, I still wonder why the series got a 13+ warning instead of a 10+ warning. There is hardly any mention of romantic encounters outside of a few innocent kisses or crushes. There is some violence in the series, but it's also minimal. Most of the theme material would be fine for parents who allow their kids to watch Card Captor Sakura or Magic Knight Rayearth.

Anyone agree? Disagree?

Hello there! I'm back after a long break! I started watching anime again in 2016. I still check the forum too!

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33
Lady Arianrod

Postby Debitt » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:08 pm

I wonder that myself sometimes, but there is minimal swearing and later in the series:
[spoiler]Dark tells Daisuke that he intends to kill Krad, regardless of what happens to Satoshi[/spoiler] So I guess that's why, though that's just my stab in the dark (no pun intended. =O I'd NEVER stab the beloved kaitou)

Debitt

Postby CloudStrife918 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:41 pm

I just read volume one, and it has quickly become my new fav! It should, in my opinion, be rated Y (seven/ten up) because it is pretty clean (only one bad word in the first voulme). Go DNAngel!
"Ask, and it shall be given to you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you. For everyone who asks recieves, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks, it shall be opened." -Jesus
Matthew 7:7-8
CloudStrife918

Postby Kisa » Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:52 pm

Yea I don't know why it is rated so high except for violence....
Oh well.. youv'e just stumbled upon a great series! Keep reading!
Another good one by the same author is Candidate for Goddess..... ^^
Kisa

Postby Mangafanatic » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:54 pm

Well, I wouldn't really want a ten your old inncocently turning the page and seeing that unfortuneate "Oops, Daisuke and Risa are climbing out from under the bed and they tumble over eachother and it looks like they're doing--um, something else."

Personally, I'd rather err on the side of caution. I prefer to be pleasantly surprised by a mild T rather than a more surprising Y. Just my two cents.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Ren_sama » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:33 pm

Please, please tell me that Satoshi isn't gay. Please tell me its just poor translating, or because of Krad, or something! T_T I don't think he is, yet everyone I speak with are convinced he is! So sad...Satoshi's my favorite character too...
Ren_sama

Postby Debitt » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:00 pm

o_o; How the heck does Satoshi come across as gay, translated OR untranslated? If ANYONE'S gay in DNAngel (and I highly doubt it), sadly I'd have to admit it'd probably be Krad. But personally I think Satoshi's going to end up with Risa. >.>;

Debitt

Postby Ren_sama » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:21 pm

Yay! Sato/Risa!! ^_^ Ever since I read [spoiler]the part where Risa faints and satoshi carries her to a bench, and cover her with his jacket[/spoiler] I'm now a sato/risa fan XD

Lots of people think hes gay because [spoiler]1. Satoshi says that hes all sorry, and that he would never hurt Daisuke...Though I think that's because they're friends...
2. We find out that Krad only comes out whenever Satoshi has 'strong feelings' for someone. Once again, I think it means strong feelings as in, being friendly toward someone...not nessecarily loving someone.
[/spoiler]

But the anime REALLY makes it look like Satoshi's gay. Not in the subbed, but the way they dubbed it...
He says something to daisuke like, "I wanted to meet you in private." in the dubbed
Ergh~-___- (can you tell I have a grudge with the DN Angel dubbed?)
Ren_sama

Postby Debitt » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:54 pm

^^; Ah, I was going to say "those people must be watching the anime and not reading the manga."

=/ It's true tha Satoshi only transforms when he feels strong emotion towards someone, but unlike Daisuke, it's not specified whether the trigger is love or not. And considering that Dark and Krad are opposites, I would highly doubt that their triggers would be the same. And after all, it would come as little surprise to me to find that Satoshi admires Daisuke as a friend - Dai-chan is, after all, the only one so far who's gone out of his way to befriend Satoshi and treat him like a normal person, unlike their classmates who seem to put Satoshi-kun up on a pedastal above them.

Debitt

Postby Mangafanatic » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:24 pm

Yeah, Satoshi's definitely gonna get together with Risa. In the volumes I've read thus far (5), I don't really see any thing that would lead me to think that he's gay. Krad is a little ?able at times, but I think he's just a misunderstood, psychotic bad guy. Nothing more, IMHO.

Also, I more understood Satoshi's transofrmation to occur when he felt any strong emotion. Hate is a strong feeling, as if friendship as Koko-chan pointed out. It doesn't have anything to do with romantic attraction, unless I missed a volume or something. :P

I think alot of people want to see DNAngel as a shounen-ai series. Alot of the message boards that I've browse through, there's this obsession with shounen-ai that, I think, causes people to look for that in manga-- even when it's not there. If you don't look for it, there's nothing that is blatantly shounen-ai.

Mangafanatic

Postby Ashley » Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:00 pm

I think alot of people want to see DNAngel as a shounen-ai series. Alot of the message boards that I've browse through, there's this obsession with shounen-ai that, I think, causes people to look for that in manga-- even when it's not there. If you don't look for it, there's nothing that is blatantly shounen-ai.

Yeah, I hear that. It's like the next gundam wing. :eyeroll:

I do hope Saotoshi gets Risa; I think they'd be cute together.
Ashley

Postby MasterDias » Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:53 pm

Kireihana wrote:Try looking in the teen or young adult section. For some reason, in a lot of book stores (well, mostly Barnes & Noble) that I've been to they have some series, such as DNAngel and Kodocha, not with the rest of the manga.

It's that way at my local Barnes & Nobles too actually. DNAngel, Kodocha, Zodiac PI, Miracle Girls and several other shoujo series are grouped together in the Young Adult/Teen section. But then, Rave Master and Psychic Academy are also grouped over there, something which doesn't make logical sense to me.

And, so my post will be on-topic...
DN Angel has a catchy anime opening theme.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Debitt » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:27 pm

x3; Kanashii hodou hikari dashita~ Shiroi yami, kirisaku, tsubasa ni nare~~~

Debitt

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:52 pm

*Is mindlessly addicted to DN Angel's opening and original closing*

:drool:
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Kisa » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:55 am

I forgot about that Osaka, yea thats one thing that could qualify as a T rating....
Ya, Satoshi and Risa are good....
Like the others, I don't think Satoshi is gay, but Krad is definitley a weird one..... Satoshi prob transforms when he feels anything good about someone and in Daisuke's case, friendship.
I thought we were supposed to be talking about the manga here? O_o
Kisa

Postby Debitt » Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:10 am

xD;;; ....the manga is T rated and I think they were right in rating it that. Krad is weird. But I like Krad. Yukiru sugisaki draws pretty. x3; The end.

Debitt

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:27 pm

MasterDias wrote:It's that way at my local Barnes & Nobles too actually. DNAngel, Kodocha, Zodiac PI, Miracle Girls and several other shoujo series are grouped together in the Young Adult/Teen section. But then, Rave Master and Psychic Academy are also grouped over there, something which doesn't make logical sense to me.

I've been noticing that myself. It's weird. I mean, if I didn't know any better, I'd just check the manga section, and, when I didn't see DNAngel, I'd just assume they didn't have it. It's pretty poor planning, IMHO.

Mangafanatic

Postby Lady Arianrod » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:16 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:Well, I wouldn't really want a ten your old inncocently turning the page and seeing that unfortuneate "Oops, Daisuke and Risa are climbing out from under the bed and they tumble over eachother and it looks like they're doing--um, something else."

Personally, I'd rather err on the side of caution. I prefer to be pleasantly surprised by a mild T rather than a more surprising Y. Just my two cents.

Good point. I was a bit surprised at the amount of blood in Magic Knight Rayearth, but I loved it nonetheless. (It was a Y, I believe).

DN Angel is also a clean series for one that has a "T" rating, and now I see why the pseudo-sexual gag would worry some parents.

Lady Arianrod

Postby Lady Arianrod » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:24 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:I think alot of people want to see DNAngel as a shounen-ai series. Alot of the message boards that I've browse through, there's this obsession with shounen-ai that, I think, causes people to look for that in manga-- even when it's not there. If you don't look for it, there's nothing that is blatantly shounen-ai.

:bang: I don't know why they always insist on doing that... especially with Yu Yu Hakusho and Naruto. I appreciate friendships, but making them lovers is going too far >__<.

I just hope that DN Angel will remain a balanced manga.... not too many weird moments with the characters being alone or sketchy comments, etc. Some creators do it to please fans, but blatant fanservice is just unnecessary. And fanservice doesn't always mean nudity...it can be yaoi/shonen ai hints too. unfortunately.

Lady Arianrod

Postby Infinitis » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:29 pm

The best thing about the manga that i like (<3LOVE<3) is that it has beauuutiful artwork and a very enchanting storyine.

The part about yaoi...i don't think there is (still donno 'bout that Krad guy...) But Disuke is DEFINATLY not gay cuz he likes Riku (my fav couple in the manga^^) Dark is not cuz he also likes Riku (i think there might be a possability with him and Risa >___<6) There might be somthing going on with Satoshi and Sisa (also cute ^^ *like the part when he was sleeping ;3*)

Has anyone checked out Lagoon Engine?? It's also by the same author. ^^6
Infinitis

Postby Kisa » Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:30 am

Yea I don't understand people's obsession with trying to make it seem shonen-ai.... Why don't they just leave the story be as it is? I think it is an excellent story and yea Krad is weird, but Daisuke and others are not gay! ><

What is Lagoon Engine about Infinitis?
Kisa

Postby Heart of Sword » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:22 am

Very good, nothing really objectionable except for the end-of-volume special in number 2 with the demons (and don't say it was translation, the word was oni).
Heart of Sword's Rhapsody

Money, get away
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
And all and all you're just another brick in the wall
Shoutin’ in the street gonna take on the world some day
But Bismallah will not let me go
Because I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike
Bright eyes burning like fire
And exposing every weakness
However carefully hidden by the kids

Who will love a little Sparrow
Who's traveled far and cries for rest
Spare him his life from this monstrosity

I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all
And if the band youre in starts playing different tunes
We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you!

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

[Bassist...finally learning Money]
Heart of Sword

Postby Heart of Sword » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:26 am

I can be dangerous if I'm mad. After all I am a master of Hiten-Mitsurugi swordsmanship(note name)

Me too.

Let's duel.

[offtopic]

:bootout:
Heart of Sword's Rhapsody

Money, get away
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
And all and all you're just another brick in the wall
Shoutin’ in the street gonna take on the world some day
But Bismallah will not let me go
Because I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike
Bright eyes burning like fire
And exposing every weakness
However carefully hidden by the kids

Who will love a little Sparrow
Who's traveled far and cries for rest
Spare him his life from this monstrosity

I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all
And if the band youre in starts playing different tunes
We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you!

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

[Bassist...finally learning Money]
Heart of Sword

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews