i imagine a voice for your avy

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Nami » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:04 am

mechana2015 (post: 1491785) wrote:Well now I gotta wonder how my avatar works out in all this. O.o

Ahah! For me, I just visualize you with blonde fluffy hair, and a mid-toned voice. Not too deep, but not light.

Okami (post: 1491787) wrote:Right? XD

A pretty girl voice, not so super girly, though. XD

Destroyer2000 (post: 1491852) wrote:I can only wonder what people think of me, now. The voice and the gender together...what does the lake say about it?

Hm, considering I've never heard your voice (or anyone elses for that matter) I've got a voice in my head for you. But it's hard to describe.

For me, it's strange. I hear voices, all of which are different for a specific persons avatar, if the writer is a female with a male avatar, they get stuck with a male voice. XD I visualize you AS your avatar in most cases. For ABlipintime, you'd be a talking swirl of stars and color. Haha! Floating around.

Even when I've heard and seen what people are like, I'll still associate them with the voice and the avatar that I see them with. Ahaha! It's all very amusing.

Even for myself, I know I don't talk the way I think. The voice I envision for myself is a mid-tone, male, British person. Weird neh? Even with that avatar. Sometimes it changes... to female, depending on what I'm writing.
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:21 am

Lol, I can only imagine what you all must hear when reading my post then? Usually I just read everything in my own voice, but like many others here I imagine most of you looking something like your avatar.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm

Nami (post: 1492139) wrote:I hear voices, all of which are different for a specific persons avatar, if the writer is a female with a male avatar, they get stuck with a male voice. XD

I should totally use my Snape avvie again, because it would be awesome to sound like him, even just inside your mind. XD
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Nami » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:29 pm

FllMtl Novelist (post: 1492211) wrote:I should totally use my Snape avvie again, because it would be awesome to sound like him, even just inside your mind. XD

XD That would be so worth it even for me!!!
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby ABlipinTime » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:50 pm

This thread is hilarious.

Hm, I didn't know my voice would be a swirling vortex of stars - which is awesome - or a guy with white hair - which is... odd considering that there isn't a person in the image. Just goes to show how each person varies in how they extract information (or don't) about a person just from their avy.

On side note, I'm still interested in hearing more from others as it seems not everyone has commented yet.
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby Kaori » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:30 pm

ABlipinTime (post: 1492512) wrote:On side note, I'm still interested in hearing more from others as it seems not everyone has commented yet.

I don't think you will get a response from all 500 of CAA's active members, if that's what you meant by "everyone."

But to answer the original question, I don't imagine voices to match people's avatars. However, reading this thread made me stop and pay attention to the fact that I do subvocalize while reading posts (in something resembling my own voice, regardless of who is posting), which is annoying because I could read faster if I stopped subvocalizing.

People's avatars do affect my initial impression of them, though, especially if I haven't read enough of their posts to have formed a clear idea of what their personality really is like. If someone has an avatar of a character with a warm, friendly smile, it will make the user's personality seem marginally more warm and friendly; a user with a cold and forbidding character as their avatar will seem more cold and forbidding. I don't generally imagine people as looking like their avatars, though--it's much more about mood and expression.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:15 am

I mainly imagine a personality for a user, based on their avy should I not know them well.
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”-Oscar Wilde

“Books change us. Books save us. I know this because it happened to me.”Elif Shafak

"Don't stop unbelieving, never give into your unfeelings"-Mabel Pines, Gravity Falls
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Furen » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:37 am

If you thought my avatar's voice was mine, too many people'd think I were a girl...
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:46 am

I imagine Cognitive Gear with a deep professional voice, enjoying a nice cup of coffee.

Mewster is a cat. And reminds me of my old cat ^_^

Xeno sounds like a tough guy. In the good way, of course.
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”-Oscar Wilde

“Books change us. Books save us. I know this because it happened to me.”Elif Shafak

"Don't stop unbelieving, never give into your unfeelings"-Mabel Pines, Gravity Falls
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:10 am

I don't know about voices, but i always imagine the poster looking like their avatar :3 (which is why i mistook quite a few guys on here for girls lol XD)
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:17 am

I have to wonder what you all must think when you see my crazy avatars? :lol: Look, I finally used someone other then Austria (from APH) in least. I do miss him though....
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:30 pm

I imagine a guy that has a loud voice for your avi.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby Koshka » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:01 am

I don't read posts in a specific voice unless either A) I've heard the voice of the person posting, then I read it in their voice, or B) their avatar is a character or person that I know the voice of, then I read it in that character or person's voice.

Although, when I get to know people a little better, I do start to develop a bit of a voice that I read their stuff in (assuming the aforementioned conditions don't apply) based on their personality and speech style.
The user formerly known as Colonel Sanders

[color="Cyan"]"Be not wise in your own eyes, fear the LORD, turn away from evil. It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones." -Proverbs 3:7-8[/color]

My Deviant Art
Koshka

Previous

Return to General