Divorced?

Talk about anything in here.

Divorced?

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:05 pm

After reading the Marital Conflict thread, I was just curious to see how many of us have divorced, separated, or parents that are still together. I'll be the first to select divorced :/

EDIT: Added two poll options; speak up if more are required.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Hansha » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:09 pm

Married, but I have a feeling that will be a minority.
" The light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it." John 1:5
Hansha

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:10 pm

Divorced 5 years ago when I was 16.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby shooraijin » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:14 pm

Hansha (post: 1458258) wrote:Married, but I have a feeling that will be a minority.

I suspect you are right. But my folks are still together, almost 40 years.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:40 pm

None of them, actually. My parents had me out of wedlock. :-/ Aaaand then my father left us for fear of blowing his image, because all the church members viewed him as this amazing Christian young man with a minister for a dad. Needless to say, they stopped viewing him and his family that way once they found out about how they treated mom and me...
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Okami » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:44 pm

My parents divorced when I was nine and have since remarried. They're better friends now than when they were married; my mom and step-mom are practically best friends...call eachother the "step-wives"...all sorts of crazy blessingness from God. :)
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby Nate » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:54 pm

Where's the fourth option? My parents were married up until my dad died. Can't really be married to someone who's died, but they weren't ever divorced or separated either. And I can't count it as "married" still 'cuz my mom remarried a couple of years back.

EDIT: The poll also doesn't cover people who have parents that never got married in the first place. I mean I'm sure there aren't many, but it's still a possibility. In that case, "divorced" or "separated" wouldn't really cover it either.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Cognitive Gear » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:19 am

My parents are still happily married after 30 years. I certainly hope to follow in their footsteps in this regard.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:07 am

Nate (post: 1458273) wrote:Where's the fourth option? My parents were married up until my dad died. Can't really be married to someone who's died, but they weren't ever divorced or separated either. And I can't count it as "married" still 'cuz my mom remarried a couple of years back.

EDIT: The poll also doesn't cover people who have parents that never got married in the first place. I mean I'm sure there aren't many, but it's still a possibility. In that case, "divorced" or "separated" wouldn't really cover it either.

Well, I was specifically interested in marriage and divorce, but in hindsight...

In your case, I'd pick married, but clarify in the comments.

EDIT: Oh hey, someone changed it anyway xD
Shao Feng-Li

Postby K. Ayato » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:19 am

My parents celebrated their silver anniversary (25 years) 2 years ago and are still together. I hope my husband and I can follow their example, as well as that of his parents and my maternal grandparents, also still together :).
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Nami » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:31 am

My parents, after 20+ years of marriage divorced. ^^ Its alright though. I'm happy they did. My mother was Unhappy, and so were we. Only, I wish she had done it sooner. It would have spared us a lot of hardships and heart-breaks. ^_^

BUT! I see the results for Married are high!! YAAAY!
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:39 am

My parents are seperated. Have been since I was about 10 in least I think. They'll get divorced someday I'm sure as they don't love each other anymore and I know my mother is unhappy and lonley.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby acgifford » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:58 am

Married.^^ For 32 years my parrents have been married.:D
acgifford

Postby Kunoichi » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:25 am

Parents are Divorced. Dad was a very abusive person so mom ran when i was 6 months old and still on a heart monitor. Sis was 4 at the time.
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby fermy6 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:30 am

Married....But its definantly not something to take for granted and I'm SOOOOOOO grateful to God for my parents still being married
If someone said 3 years from now
You'd be long gone
Id get up and punch their mouth
Cuz they're all wrong
I know better
Cuz you said forever
And ever
Who knew?
fermy6

Postby Sheenar » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:39 am

My mom and dad never got married, but were "common-law married" according to my mom. Dad's been in and out of jail most of my life b/c of drugs and stuff. Have only seen him a handful of times in my life. Don't know where he is now.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Atria35 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:17 am

Married, but not happily, and only because for medical/financial reasons. Otherwise, my mother would have split years ago.
Atria35

Postby samurai10 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:05 am

My parents are going to celebrate their 26th wedding anniversary this year. They've had a lot of struggles, but thank the Lord they're still together. I don't think they're going to get divorced anytime soon either.
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia." ~The Silver Chair

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." ~Johnny Depp

"MOES! Sign up and sig down!"

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~ [/color]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

This pokemon is stout in stature, but extremely loyal. it's head and ears make the shape of a samurai helmet. the scales from said helmet can be pulled out and used as kunai.
samurai10

Location: You're crazy if you think I'll tell you where I live.

Postby GeneD » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:00 am

My parents are having their 30th wedding anniversary in a few weeks time, which is pretty cool. :)
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:38 am

I'm surprised at the number of people here whose parents are still married.

My parents divorced years ago, when I was 12. I don't really know what exactly led up to it but I'm pretty sure they only got married in the first place because I was born, if you know what I mean.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby fermy6 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:41 am

Nate (post: 1458273) wrote:Where's the fourth option? My parents were married up until my dad died. Can't really be married to someone who's died, but they weren't ever divorced or separated either. And I can't count it as "married" still 'cuz my mom remarried a couple of years back.

Wouldn't that fall under the Widowed option?
If someone said 3 years from now
You'd be long gone
Id get up and punch their mouth
Cuz they're all wrong
I know better
Cuz you said forever
And ever
Who knew?
fermy6

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:47 am

Married ^__^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Nanao » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:03 pm

Married. Their 33rd anniversary is this year ^_^
Nanao

Postby Midknight74012 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:05 pm

My parents divorced when I was a little kid. Last time I remember them talking to each other they were yelling in each other's faces. They since remarried.
Psalms 82:3-4
Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless;
maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed.
Rescue the weak and needy;
deliver them from the hand of the wicked.
Midknight74012

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:39 pm

Wow... I'm pleasantly surprised that over 74% of voters so far have said "married". :) Definitely something I was hoping for, but not necessarily expecting.

And thanks for adding more options, uc pseudonym! If you guys have read my post yet, you'll probably already know that my vote goes to "unmarried".
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Lilac#18 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:57 pm

[color="Plum"]My parents never married when they were together. I don't know how long they've been together before I was conseived. I don't even know how long they were together after I was born, but after my birth, I don't think they were together for that long or they've broken up already.[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby LadyRushia » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:01 pm

Separated very recently and mom moved out about six months ago. Her apartment's nearby, so it's not a big deal and my parents don't hate each other or anything.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:03 pm

mysngoeshere56 (post: 1458408) wrote:Wow... I'm pleasantly surprised that over 74% of voters so far have said "married". :) Definitely something I was hoping for, but not necessarily expecting.

I kinda expected more to be married, but not that much if a difference. Makes me happy :)
Shao Feng-Li

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:27 pm

Mine are happily married, and will be celebrating their 25th this year (I think). I'm thankful. :)
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:13 pm

My parents have been happily married for 28 years. They sometimes have disagreements but it would be unrealistic to expect otherwise. I find a healthy marriage is beneficial for both the parents and their children.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Next

Return to General