What element would your favorite anime character bend?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

What element would your favorite anime character bend?

Postby AnimeGirl » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:51 pm

So the most recent series I have been getting into is "Avatar: The Last Airbender" (amazing series, by the way, so worth watching!). And I was thinking how cool it would be to bend one of the four elements! And then I had this idea of what kind of element would my favorite anime characters be able to bend if they could? So, I decided to make a thread about it! In this thread, post the name of your favorite anime characters and what kind of bender you think they'd be and reason why (can be any reason, whether it's based on personality or what they can do). Would they wield Water, Earth, Fire, or Air? Or do you think your favorite character has what it takes to be The Avatar, master of all four?

I'll start us off!

Fullmetal Alchemist

Roy Mustang: Fire Bender. Well, he's the "Flame Alchemist" so this is kind of obvious. He'd make a perfect Fire Bender!

Edward Elric: Earth Bender. I notice what he tends to use his alchemy on, and this element would probably best fit him, in my opinion. And he'd be able to bend metal like Toph!

Alex Louis Armstrong: Earth Bender. This one is also pretty obvious, since he often uses his strength and alchemy on the ground. He'd be a super epic Earth Bender!

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles

Syaoran: Fire Bender. This seems like the perfect element for him, considering his sword creates flames, is determined, and his strong love for Sakura.

Princess Sakura: Water Bender. Because the feeling she understands most is the feeling of water (read volume 27). Also, some Water Benders have healing abilities, and I think if she were a Water Bender, she'd be the healing kind.

Rozen Maiden

Kanaria: Air Bender. She uses her violin to create gusts of wind and twisters, so I think she'd make a nice Air Bender.

Hinaichigo: Water Bender. Her power is to create strawberry vines. I chose water as her element because really skilled Water Benders (such as the ones in the swamp) can control vines because water is contained within them, so they can move it with their bending. And since Hina uses strawberry vines, this type of bending would be best suited for her.

Spirited Away

Haku: Water Bender. If you've seen the movie, the reason is pretty obvious, considering what type of spirit he is.

Cardcaptor Sakura

Syaoran Li: Fire Bender. I notice the element he uses the most is Lightning, and some Fire Benders know how to redirect it (and I think some can even create it). Plus I think this element matches his personality.

Sakura Kinomoto: Air Bender. Her very first Clow Card was "The Windy" and it's the card she uses the most, so I'm guessing she must like wind alot, so Air would be a perfect element for her!

I'll think of more later, but for now this is all I've got. YOUR TURN!
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby Atria35 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:01 pm

Water for me. I've thought about it, and water is just so useful- and that way I could help people in pain :) That's something that's just awesome.

Besides, me and my friends once had a very long discussion about eachother's personalities and what benders we would be, and everyone agreed that I'm totally a Katara personality! XD
Atria35

Postby AnimeGirl » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:11 pm

Atria35 (post: 1449200) wrote:Water for me. I've thought about it, and water is just so useful- and that way I could help people in pain :) That's something just awesome.

Besides, me and my friends once had a very long discussion about eachother's personalities and what benders we would be, and everyone agreed that I'm totally a Katara personality! XD

Oh, cool! She's an awesome character. I chose Water 'cause, I don't know, I'm just so fascinated with it! I also noticed whenever I play on "Gifted" genre RP forums, I tend to create characters who have water abilities. I also like the idea of using water to heal. ^.^

I might cosplay Katara at AX this year on one of the four days!
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

AnimeGirl

Postby Atria35 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:07 pm

AnimeGirl (post: 1449204) wrote:I might cosplay Katara at AX this year on one of the four days!

That would be awesome- me and a group of friends are planning on giong as Kyoshi Warriors to ACen!
Atria35

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:54 pm

I agree that Syaoran (Tsubasa/Cardcaptor) would be a fire bender...

Ikuto (Shugo Chara!) and Zero (Vampire Knight) would probably be dark benders, if those existed (wish they did), but since they don't... I guess fire would work best.

Daisuke (D.N.Angel) would probably be water.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Nate » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:03 pm

Well, Nuriko from Fushigi Yugi would totally bend all sorts of elements. Like iron, and nickel, and lead, and um...tungsten. You know, all the great elements.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Atria35 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:58 pm

Hmm....

Belldandy from Ah! My Goddess would likely bend water. She's a healer-type, and when she gets angry, you don't mess with her!

Yuki from Tokyo Magnitude 8.0... earth. He totally has an air personlity, but he wants to build robots- an earthbender pasttime. And he would be the most adorable earthbender EVER! :D
Atria35

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:24 pm

I just thought of the sailor senshi...

Mercury - water
Venus - air
Mars - fire
Jupiter - earth
Moon - avatar
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Rusty Claymore » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:42 pm

Mysn, you got earth and air mixed up. Venus is earth, Jupiter is air. ▬_▬ (haha, sorry, GoldenSun Fanatic here. n.n/) )

Of course, I've always wondered why earth wasn't, um.... Earth. If we wanna get fancy we could call it Terra, which is one of it's valid names. XP
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:14 pm

Jupiter actually has a lot of earth-based powers, but they're touched on more so in the manga. She does have "Jupiter Oak Evolution" in the anime, though.

Plus, her trademark color is green, which is typically associated with Earth. Honestly, I made Venus air for lack of better choice.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby AnimeGirl » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:46 am

Atria35 (post: 1449218) wrote:That would be awesome- me and a group of friends are planning on giong as Kyoshi Warriors to ACen!

That would look EPIC!!

AnimeGirl

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews