Studio Spotlight: Kyoto Animation

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Fish and Chips » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:47 pm

Fish and Chips

Postby blkmage » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:41 pm

MasterDias (post: 1416435) wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the Key VN anime adaptations and K-On have very little to no sexual content/fanservice? "Moe" isn't really my thing either, but that was what I had assumed. And isn't K-On basically the same kind of thing Azumanga Daioh was? The latter is generally held in high regard in most anime circles.

Realized no one has addressed this, but yes, this. I'd say that they have less fanservice than Azumanga Daioh, actually. In fact, Clannad is so safe to the point that some people were like, uh, they got married and had a kid and they barely held hands.
blkmage

Postby Falx » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:37 pm

So I just finished watching Clannad season 01.

I begin watching season 2 tomorrow.
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

神はそのひとり子を賜わったほどに、この世を愛して下さった。それは御子を信じる者がひとりも滅びないで、永遠の命を得るためである.

My MAL Profile. Please check out my Dad's Christian eBook on Facebook.
Falx

Postby Narnian » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:08 pm

I've seen a few of KyoAni's works. To date, I've seen Clannad, Clannad: After Story as well as the two alternate arcs, K-On! (I've seen all except for the last two episodes of the second season and the movie), Lucky Star (about halfway through), and most of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya series. I've some of their collaboration animes as well. In terms of animation quality they are superb! While KyoAni does seen to stick to certain genres and stereotypes, they do so well. I'm kinda excited to see what they'll put out next.

blkmage (post: 1416823) wrote:Realized no one has addressed this, but yes, this. I'd say that they have less fanservice than Azumanga Daioh, actually. In fact, Clannad is so safe to the point that some people were like, uh, they got married and had a kid and they barely held hands.

This is exactly the way I felt after Nagisa found out she was pregnant. It was a, "Dude, where did that come from?" moment.
[align=center]Christ follower, cosplayer, and anime fan. Jesus is the best!

2 Corinthians 2:14-15
14 Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place. 15 For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing.

MAL
Blog
DA
Christian cosplayers unite!
DA
Narnian

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews