Apparently, live-action Kenshin movie in works

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Apparently, live-action Kenshin movie in works

Postby Nate » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:46 pm

I saw this reported from another site, but here's the original source on this, which I can't read, so...maybe someone here can pick it out:

http://www.cyzowoman.com/2010/07/post_2099.html

All I can say is Takeru Sato as Kenshin? DO WANT. DO WANT SO BAD.

Seriously though, Sato has shown himself to be the perfect person to play Kenshin. He can do the silly bumbling side of Kenshin, and he can do the super serious battousai side of Kenshin. Plus, the dude just has the perfect look to portray him.

Now we just need Momotaros to play Sanosuke, Ryuutaros as Yahiko, and Owner to play...well I don't know but Owner needs to be in there somewhere, because Owner rocks.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Wyntre Rose » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:08 pm

Ok, I'm going to come right out and admit my ignorance. Are these tokusatsu actors, Nate? I'm completely in the dark. lol. BUT...I would be VERY interested in seeing a live action Kenshin movie!!
Wyntre Rose

Postby Atria35 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:09 pm

You know, for a few moment I was reading and re-reading that as "DO NOT WANT"! Sounds like it will be AWESOME!
Atria35

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:21 pm

Fangirl Freakout in

OH MAI GOSH!!! YES PLEASEEEE!!!! :D

Ummm Here's what Bable Fish Says? (not that it's any good....but maybe we can pick up SOME info from it?)

The young actor ranking which you think that at Internet music information program 'RANKING paradise', woman Takao of entire country targeting 'most it broke first half of this year when the questionnaire is executed,' (program to inspect) with the Sato Ken which shines in beautiful 1 rank.  With the big river drama 'Riyuuma transmission which presently is in the midst of broadcasting', “the person it cuts, but from here warehouse” thing Okada from here the warehouse while enthusiastically performing, this summer, already alone " Human cutting " You say that it plays.

“That was serialized, former times, 'boy jump' (Shueisha Publishing Co., Ltd.) with, it means that the Sato Ken plays the protagonist 緋 village sword heart of sword heart' in the [ru] wax,”, '(the movie authorized personnel)  If 'you call to the [ru] wax sword heart', the work which is proud of the popularity where it is serialized from 1994 extending through 99, sells the comics sum total 5,000 ten thousand sections, is high even in the foreign country not only Japan. Of course, animation conversion and filming were done, but it did not reach to photograph taken on the spot conversion. Because “necessary shooting skill of the protagonist was not, is the kind of work which by any means needs CG and, with the former actor, as for the person who is agreeable to the image of the protagonist very, don't you think?. In such sense, as for Sato exactly it is [hamari] part”, (the front coming out movie authorized personnel)

The movie authorized personnel says, that way but is, you say that there is a story the reverse side in this. Another movie authorized personnel talks. “At that time, when serialization ends from, 'story of filming the [ru] [ro] sword' is to be, but at that time about now had not become the cartoon original mono movie, it is. To that, also the technology of CG enough was and. That progressed, now most works with original ones, CG markedly. With that, filming was decided suddenly, it is”  Furthermore, as for being fortunate for Sato, 'with Riyuuma transmission' " Human cutting " Part was done.

“To tell the truth, after performance is decided in the big river, also story of this filming was decided, so is. Because in other words, it had come to the point of practicing shooting position with NHK, if how the [se], after practicing the, directly it became with the [tsu] lever which will photograph the movie, so is. The movie seems like the clan queen this summer, but it ends also photographing the big river gradually, so is. It becomes the shape which utilizes NHK well, but because NHK audience rating is good with the Sato effect, you do not call at all, it is it is not, is?”, (the movie producer)  Whether in just the work where the fan is many, it can have supporting the fact that Sato plays 緋 village sword heart, call the only ordeal it may.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Nate » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:37 pm

Wyntre Rose wrote:Ok, I'm going to come right out and admit my ignorance. Are these tokusatsu actors, Nate?

Okay, well, yes and no.

Takeru Sato is the main character of Kamen Rider Den-O, Ryotaro. But, he's been in a LOT of other stuff, mostly drama. I don't know which of these you'd be familiar with, but he was in Rookies, Mei-chan no Shitsuji, Bloody Monday, Ryomaden, and he's apparently going to be in BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad.

Momotaros is another character in Den-O, and he's voiced by Toshihiko Seki, who is also famous for being Duo Maxwell in Gundam Wing, Kaien Shiba in Bleach, Iruka Umino in Naruto, Sanzo in Saiyuki, Vercio in Fullmetal Alchemist, and even stuff in Pet Shop of Horrors (Count D), Please Save My Earth (Mikuro)...and oh yeah, he was Legato in Trigun and Makoto in RahXephon.

Ryuutaros was played by Kenichi Suzumura, who I know you will know, because he played Hikaru in Ouran High School Host Club. Plus he played Zack in all of the Final Fantasy 7 compilation and he was Demyx in Kingdom Hearts.

Owner is played by Kenjiro Ishimaru and he hasn't been in anything famous, just some game shows and four other movies: Ring 2, Onmyoji, Haru no Yuki, and Hasami Otoko.

Here's a clip of all of them. Ryotaros is the guy training, Momo is the red guy, Ryuuta is the purple guy, and Owner is the super awesome old guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F0aQxSz_kA

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Wyntre Rose » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:55 pm

Oooohhhhh. I see. I was thinking you were actually naming the actors, not their characters...lol. That makes sense, then. And yes, I do know Kenichi Suzumura and Toshihiko Seki, at least. XD

Man, I hope they do this right! And that it gets released here...
Wyntre Rose

Postby MasterDias » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:14 pm

Rurouni Kenshin is like the one Shonen Jump action title that would actually work in live-action. I find it slightly odd that they are doing a movie after all this time though. Kenshin's been over for years.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby goldenspines » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:39 pm

I stuck this article in Google translate and got different wording than Kit-chan did, but just as confusing *wishes she knew more kanji* : This is the actual webpage translated by google

From the looks of it, it may be only hopefulness by the fans. I can't see if anything (the movie or the casting choice) is concrete or not...(though if someone can find something I didn't, I would be very happy.)

Personally, I would love to see this come true. I haven't seen much of Kamen Rider Den-o, but I think the actor would be great for Kenshin.

All the searches on a live action RK lead back to this article as a source, so it may be true? I trust their translations better than mine, so maybe the project is a go. XD
goldenspines

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:06 pm

goldenspines (post: 1407869) wrote:I stuck this article in Google translate and got different wording than Kit-chan did, but just as confusing *wishes she knew more kanji* : This is the actual webpage translated by google

From the looks of it, it may be only hopefulness by the fans. I can't see if anything (the movie or the casting choice) is concrete or not...(though if someone can find something I didn't, I would be very happy.)

Personally, I would love to see this come true. I haven't seen much of Kamen Rider Den-o, but I think the actor would be great for Kenshin.

All the searches on a live action RK lead back to this article as a source, so it may be true? I trust their translations better than mine, so maybe the project is a go. XD

XD it actually makes a little more sense...

I really really hope this isn't just a rumor or hopefulness and it's a more concrete thing. I really think that Kenshin would work, and if it is successful, would we actually maybe see a resurrection of the Jinchu arc? *D*

(okay, I'm hoping a little too much there hahah.... ^^; )
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:40 pm

Dude, I would be pretty down with this, as long as they did it well. I kind of want to know what story they might go with, though. Something from the series (preferably not the entire series put to film), or something original? Or maybe, like the OVAs, something that focuses on one aspect of the series? Anyways, I'm interested to see where this goes! I'm not familiar with any of this actor's work, but I could definitely see him playing Kenshin. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby rocklobster » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:50 am

A Kenshin movie! :dance: Oh wait, it's a Japanese one. Well that makes me hope even more.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:54 am

Nate (post: 1407835) wrote:I saw this reported from another site, but here's the original source on this, which I can't read, so...maybe someone here can pick it out:

http://www.cyzowoman.com/2010/07/post_2099.html

All I can say is Takeru Sato as Kenshin? DO WANT. DO WANT SO BAD.

Seriously though, Sato has shown himself to be the perfect person to play Kenshin. He can do the silly bumbling side of Kenshin, and he can do the super serious battousai side of Kenshin. Plus, the dude just has the perfect look to portray him.

Now we just need Momotaros to play Sanosuke, Ryuutaros as Yahiko, and Owner to play...well I don't know but Owner needs to be in there somewhere, because Owner rocks.

I understood everything on that page.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby airichan623 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:01 am

Wait- is this Rurouni Kenshin or a different series?

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews