Unintentionally funny moments in anime.

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Unintentionally funny moments in anime.

Postby Yamamaya » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:05 am

You know those moments in anime where it's supposed to be serious but comes off as unintentionally hilarious? This is a thread for these moments.

That moment in Death Note where.[SPOILER]Matt was killed and Mello says, "OH NOES THEY KILLED MATT."[/SPOILER] And I was like, "Lol who actually cares? He was a one second character."
Yamamaya

Postby ADXC » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:28 pm

Probably when in an earlier episode of Case Closed when they arrive on a crime scene and

[SPOILER] they all see that the guy died via a knife in the back, and then Chief Inspector Meguire makes this statement, "Well, we are pretty sure he died by being stabbed in the back." Nah, duh? XD [/SPOILER]

Honestly, I think they meant it to be serious, but due to the way it happened, it turned out hilarious.
ADXC

Postby airichan623 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:15 pm

You can't go without mentioning Death Note's "I'll take a potato chip...and eat it!" as well as the final Kira laugh.

And Code Geass is full of them. Suzaku's laugh in R2, and
[spoiler]
lelouch's scream of pain at shirleys death. it was sad the first time, but after that it was kinda funny[/spoiler]

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:16 pm

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]Okay, so in Episode 10 of "Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad", Koyuki is confronted by a street bully, who yanks off and then snaps his guitar pic given to him by Maho. Koyuki, in the english dub, then calls the bully something that I don't DARE repeat on CAA (or anywhere for that matter). Hearing squeaky-raspy Greg Ayres say the queen mother of dirty words is hilarious...to me anyway.[/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Nate » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:28 am

Speaking of episode 10's, Black Heaven episode 10 has a hilarious scene with the worst-voiced black guy in all of anime. I wish I could link it on CAA but there's no way I'd get away with it.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby airichan623 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:36 pm

Oh yeah, I almost forgot... in Code Geass- Nina's face when she found out a certain person died.

Yes, she was in pain and shock but come on.... do we really need this face?

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby QuirkyIceHeart » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:13 am

Well, I don't know if it happens in the anime too, but in the game "Tales of the Abyss", there's a very serious conversation between several of the characters. They're yelling at each other, and then Jade almost randomly shoots one of the other characters off of the screen for awhile XD
[I]“Love crosses all boundaries, and is often shot for trespassing.â€
QuirkyIceHeart

Location: IN YOUR FACE. And the internet. And my personal dream worlds B) Arkansas for you boring people :P

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews