In defense of Naruto Shippuden

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

In defense of Naruto Shippuden

Postby rocklobster » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:06 pm

I've heard a lot of negativity directed at Naruto and I thought I'd make up this thread so we Naruto fans can say why we still enjoy the show.
Here are my reasons:
1. Character Development: I really enjoy how the characters have changed over time. Sometimes I look at Naruto and say "Is this the same bratty kid who spent more time hitting on Sakura than anything else?" He's actually grown into a responsible person. I didn't really like Jiraya much at first, but when I learned his backstory, I began to rethink my perception of him.
2. Creepy villains: Is it just me or are Orichimaru and Pain just plain creepy?
3. Music: I have to say I enjoy the music to Shippuden more than the original. My favorite openers are "Heroes Come Back" (the first opener) and "Blue Bird" (the third opener). I also liked the "For You" closing with all the little kid versions of the characters playing around.
4. The atmosphere: If the Village in the Leaves really existed, I wouldn't mind living there. It seems like a nice place.
SO what about the rest of you?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby airichan623 » Mon May 17, 2010 11:06 pm

i was happy to see sakura haruno get to do something useful... im a big fan anyway but im glad she gets to do something.

furthermore, the series has more of a direction now (as opposed to 'im gonna be hokage... believe it?' XD)

also the character pairings get better XD

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Tue May 18, 2010 6:35 am

Don't think Shippuden requires much defense. It's a solid shounen show, and it was nice to see my favorite characters grow up a little more. I wish I'd had the chance and ability to keep up with it better.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby rocklobster » Tue May 18, 2010 3:23 pm

airichan623 (post: 1395069) wrote:i was happy to see sakura haruno get to do something useful... im a big fan anyway but im glad she gets to do something.

furthermore, the series has more of a direction now (as opposed to 'im gonna be hokage... believe it?' XD)

also the character pairings get better XD

I agree with you. But now, they've got her right back where she started! I mean, she was awesome for awhile (like when she could cause earthquakes by punching the ground).
If I could complain about one thing, it's the fact that when it comes to romances, the story falls short. I mean, look how long it took Hinata to finally get up the courage to tell Naruto her true feelings.
[spoiler]And then Pain almost kills her :waah!:[/spoiler]
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby mkalv » Tue May 18, 2010 5:27 pm

I really like Shippuden, its just slower paced than the first series from what I've seen.
No pain, no gain. I would prefer no pain, but still gain.
mkalv

Postby airichan623 » Tue May 18, 2010 10:49 pm

also the villains arent so cheesy anymore (haku and zabuza-can u say generic much?) or weird (creepy orichimaru (not that original but still scared the poo outta me)). And less fillers!

airichan623

Postby rocklobster » Wed May 19, 2010 4:00 am

Well, Orichimaru is supposed to be scary. I've always thought that if the villain didn't scare you, he/she wasn't doing the job. Heck, even Johan is scary and he's got such an angelic face!

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Wed May 19, 2010 3:12 pm

Orochimaru is in Shippuden?

Oh right, I remember him sort of being relevant in one or two episodes.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Wed May 19, 2010 4:10 pm

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs (post: 1395343) wrote:Orochimaru is in Shippuden?

*smacks forehead* Uh oh...now you've done it.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby airichan623 » Sat May 22, 2010 9:53 pm

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs (post: 1395343) wrote:Orochimaru is in Shippuden?

AND MORE- granted he shows up as much as Sasuke does up to episode 100 or so...

airichan623

Postby Lynna » Sun May 23, 2010 2:01 pm

I really like how Sakura has changed from the average fangirl to an awsome medical ninja. Unfortunaitly, she hasn't been getting the spotlight very much recently, but I'm sure she'lll get it again!!!!
also, Naruto has become really Mature and responsable and kind and ......ummm...yeah ^^;;
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Lilac#18 » Sun May 23, 2010 5:00 pm

[color="Plum"]I really like the music in Shippuden. I like how Sakura has grown. She's gotten braver and stronger inside and out. She's always been my favorite though. I agree with Lynna. Sakura needs to be back in the spotlight again.[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Rocketshipper » Mon May 24, 2010 4:06 pm

I like the direction the overall story is going, what with the showdowns with various Akatsuki members and seeing all the characters mature and become much stronger than they were as Genin, and the stuff thats been happening lately in the comic is cool too.

As was mentioned before though, I think Shippuuden is a little bit frsutrating when it comes to pacing. The first series was paced excellently, up until the filler marathon at least, so it was pretty jarring when Shippuuden started out by averaging about 10 episodes per manga volume. They've gotten better at that lately, but they still have to throw in a filler arc after every one or two manga arcs, to keep from catching up. I suspect we'll probably see another one after the Pain arc, since the manga isn;t that much farther ahead than that...
Jessie and James, together forever!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!! Save me!!

Eternal Defender of Tracey Sketchit. If you are a Brock lover, beware ^_^

"Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools"-Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Confused about the meaning of the screen name??

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/RocketShipping

Go here and be enlightened ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Click the above link...I dare you.

http://community.livejournal.com/ship_manifesto/87185.html

The best essay on Junzumi shipping ever ^^.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rocketshipper
Rocketshipper

Postby Firebird3613 » Tue May 25, 2010 8:42 am

[quote="Rocketshipper (post: 1396336)"]They've gotten better at that lately, but they still have to throw in a filler arc after every one or two manga arcs, to keep from catching up. I suspect we'll probably see another one after the Pain arc, since the manga isn]

Yeah, and I'm kind of worried about that, considering the Five Kage Summit arc happens right after the Pain arc. It would seem weird for them to send someone off on a mission when Tsunade is in a coma, and there's a meeting with the other Kages on the way about the threat of Akatsuki. Not to mention the fact that the village has been torn apart. Some sort of mission seems irrelevant here, and I don't know what other filler they could use, since one without some sort of mission would slow down the pacing.
:hits_self <----This smilie made me laugh. I'm not really sure why...:lol:
Firebird3613

Location: I could be just a dream, in which case I don't live anywhere. ;)

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Tue May 25, 2010 2:54 pm

Ok... Not having seen that much, have they finally - in either the manga or the show - admitted about the link between Yondaime and Naruto? To evade spoilers, I have kept this post vague. A simple yes or no will suffice likewise. I know it's coming. I just wanted to know when.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews