Old anime called "Ronin Warriors"!

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Old anime called "Ronin Warriors"!

Postby acgifford » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:14 am

Ronin Warriors was one my fav shows on TV when I was 6-7 years old. I decided to revisit my past. They are mega cheezy. But I thought it would be fun for others to watch too. You might enjoy it. Hope you like them.

[SIZE="1"]Modsnip (Tsukuyomi): We encourage members to restrain from linking anime from illegal anime watching sites such as Youtube.

Thank you for understanding ^__^[/SIZE]
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:43 am

Moved to the Anime forum.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:53 am

Actually, a friend and I are in the process of watching the original subbed version (called Yoroiden Samurai Troopers). Definitely not the greatest show in the world, but it's pretty fun. I was pretty into it when they aired it on Toonami, but the dub is ridiculous. XD
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:26 pm

Asdfjkl, I loved Ronin Warriors 8D

I think I actually saw Ronin Warriors before Sailor Moon ^^ My favorite character was Sage <33 Although, Sai was pretty close behind ^^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby rocklobster » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:15 pm

Um, this should be locked and deleted. Those aren't legal. Sorry acgifford, but we only allow legal stuff here.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:29 pm

I thought Ronin Warriors wasn't licensed anymore.

Also dude, you're not a mod. If the mods didn't have a problem with the links then it's probably okay.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby rocklobster » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:35 pm

ok sorry, false alarm. Anywho, I loved this series. It was what really got me into anime. All those mythological references, the high action, plus--it wasn't edited very much! That's right, they actually got some stuff uncensored that might have been otherwise.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby shooraijin » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:40 pm

ShiroiHikari (post: 1375121) wrote:I thought Ronin Warriors wasn't licensed anymore.

Also dude, you're not a mod. If the mods didn't have a problem with the links then it's probably okay.

We're discussing it internally.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby acgifford » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:25 am

*Ulp* I'm sorry I didn't know. ;;-_- I just wanted to share. I didn't know I was doing anything wrong.
acgifford

Postby shooraijin » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:30 am

No harm done. However, if it's not a freely distributable series or preview, we'd appreciate people running video links to it by us first.

Also, if such threads are posted, we'd also appreciate people reporting the thread rather than dealing with it themselves.

I'm leaving the thread open, though, because I'm sure other people would like to discuss the series who remember it.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:48 am

This series is pretty light on character development but it's fun to watch for the action and the pretty boys. The best character, though, is easily Anubis (or Shuten in the Japanese version). He is awesome. Also the white armor is pretty cool.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby battletech » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:27 pm

It makes a good travel guide. The places they go to are mostly real sites in Japan. They also tell you about the legends surrounding the sites. I think this was the first anime series I ever bought. Of the two OVA the first is my favorite.
[img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/bluebattletech/amuro_ray_emblem1_zps864eefb8.png[/img]
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby TGJesusfreak » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:16 pm

haha I loved this show so much when I was 10. Then I didn't see it for years...
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Postby sdzero » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:31 pm

One of my favorite animes out there. It was one of the first animes I saw back in the early 90s. I thought the dub was good. Ronin Warriors managed to keep most of the content in the original japanese show. Back then they would change everything about the anime, but Ronin Warriors was one of the ones that dodge the bullet.

I find it interesting at the very end of Ronin Warriors they got Holy armor.
Under Construction

PSN ID - Sandmanzero
sdzero

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews