NIS America gets into anime

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

NIS America gets into anime

Postby ilikegir33 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:23 pm

Yesterday, NIS America, the game company behind Disgaea et al., announced that it will get into releasing anime DVDs. Their first titles licensed are Toradora!, Persona Trinity Soul, Pandora Hearts and Wagaya no Oinarisama.

Link: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2010-02-11/nis-america-to-release-anime-titles-in-north-america

First, they release Sakura Wars for the first time in the United States, and now this...Wow. That's all I can say. I thought Trinity Soul and Toradora would never get licensed. :wow!:
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby Strafe » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:37 pm

ToraDora was good. I really liked it. Funny, cute, and dramatic at times. Are they going to be dubbed?
This is an original signature
Strafe

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:39 pm

I am glad this is happening, and I hope they succeed. I am really interested in Pandora Hearts, so that ratchets up my excitement level even more. Have also heard good things about Toradora. Looking forward to seeing how this lil project goes.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby blkmage » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:47 pm

Out of the four, I'd say only Toradora can be considered good/successful. Wagaya no Oinarisama definitely did poorly. Both Pandora Hearts and Persona -trinity soul- started off decently due to brand loyalty but dropped off sharply pretty quickly. I've also heard fairly unfavourable things about Persona and Pandora Hearts. I personally couldn't make it through the second episode of Pandora Hearts. Essentially, these are fairly odd picks and I'm not even sure Toradora was that popular with the North America crowd (it is super popular in Japan).
blkmage

Postby LadyRushia » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:20 pm

I am so stoked that Toradora is getting licensed. I love it so much, XD. I'd also love for the light novels to come over here, but I guess we'll see what happens.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby MasterDias » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:11 pm

blkmage (post: 1373416) wrote:Out of the four, I'd say only Toradora can be considered good/successful. Wagaya no Oinarisama definitely did poorly. Both Pandora Hearts and Persona -trinity soul- started off decently due to brand loyalty but dropped off sharply pretty quickly. I've also heard fairly unfavourable things about Persona and Pandora Hearts. I personally couldn't make it through the second episode of Pandora Hearts. Essentially, these are fairly odd picks and I'm not even sure Toradora was that popular with the North America crowd (it is super popular in Japan).

Oh, I don't know. Nothing really stands out as exceptionally unusual to me. It's all the type of stuff the other studios would probably go for. Toradora's high-profile/popular, Persona's a video-game spinoff...Wagaya no Oinarisama is a comedy/harem thing right? Those tend to be licensed...and I was under the impression that Pandora Hearts was generally well-received (at least, among the people who were actually watching it) until the "almost caught up to the manga, let's fake an ending" disease hit it at the end.

NISA already releases niche RPGs (compared to Square-Enix or whoever). I would be more surprised if they licensed Cross Game or Kaiba or something...although this still did come out of nowhere.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby CrimsonRyu17 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:24 pm

MasterDias (post: 1373494) wrote: and I was under the impression that Pandora Hearts was generally well-received (at least, among the people who were actually watching it) until the "almost caught up to the manga, let's fake an ending" disease hit it at the end.

This.
CrimsonRyu17

Postby ilikegir33 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:00 pm

blkmage (post: 1373416) wrote:Out of the four, I'd say only Toradora can be considered good/successful. Wagaya no Oinarisama definitely did poorly. Both Pandora Hearts and Persona -trinity soul- started off decently due to brand loyalty but dropped off sharply pretty quickly. I've also heard fairly unfavourable things about Persona and Pandora Hearts. I personally couldn't make it through the second episode of Pandora Hearts. Essentially, these are fairly odd picks and I'm not even sure Toradora was that popular with the North America crowd (it is super popular in Japan).

MasterDias (post: 1373494) wrote:It's all the type of stuff the other studios would probably go for. Toradora's high-profile/popular, Persona's a video-game spinoff...Wagaya no Oinarisama is a comedy/harem thing right? Those tend to be licensed...and I was under the impression that Pandora Hearts was generally well-received (at least, among the people who were actually watching it) until the "almost caught up to the manga, let's fake an ending" disease hit it at the end.

NISA already releases niche RPGs (compared to Square-Enix or whoever). I would be more surprised if they licensed Cross Game or Kaiba or something...although this still did come out of nowhere.

Well, I am not surprised that Persona Trinity Soul got licensed, considering that Persona 3 and 4 were critical and commercial successes in the US. And yes, Toradora and Pandora Hearts are pretty high-profile titles in America (I know many people who watch both). Not so sure about Wagaya no Oinarisama...

And considering that NIS usually provides cool bonus items in their special editions of their games (just look at the PS2 special edition of Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love), I wonder what kind of swag we'll get with Toradora et al. NIS did say that there would be bonus items in the special editions of these series' DVDs.
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby Falx » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:23 pm

Personally I'm hoping for a Bokken with Toradora.
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

神はそのひとり子を賜わったほどに、この世を愛して下さった。それは御子を信じる者がひとりも滅びないで、永遠の命を得るためである.

My MAL Profile. Please check out my Dad's Christian eBook on Facebook.
Falx

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews