Irresponsible Captain Tylor

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Irresponsible Captain Tylor

Postby ADXC » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:59 pm

The other day I stumbled upon the complete series(The usual 26 eps.) of The Irresponsible Captain Tylor for only $35. I immediately bought it and have enjoyed ever since.

This anime is very funny and I'm glad to have found it. It seems a little old, but I think that makes it better though.

It kind of reminds me of Cowboy Bebop and DBZ, but it still has it's own unique charm.

Has anyone else liked this series?
ADXC

Postby ClosetOtaku » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:35 pm

It's an enjoyable series. It's even more enjoyable if you are familiar with Star Blazers, which 'Tylor' routinely spoofs (down to the musical numbers).
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby ADXC » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:54 pm

@ ClosetOtaku-Yeah, it is a very enjoyable series. I should check out Star Blazers too I guess then.

@ luckyduck-Oh that's so cool, I'd also like to do that as well.
ADXC

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:08 am

I've seen a LITTLE of this, and it's been pretty high on my "See the Rest of This" list for a long time.
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:49 am

I saw an episode of this serious at Ikkicon and was amazed. This is one series that is worth my time. Plus, doesn't Kamina from Gurren Lagann kinda look like Taylor? There is even a picture of Tylor pointing up towards the viewer while wearing the pointy end sunglasses.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby EricTheFred » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:30 am

Yaay, Tylor! My favorite navy man ever!

Not "Star Blazers"!!! (shudder) "Space Battleship Yamato"!!!!!

Star Blazers was a hack put together by an American company by recycling the animation from Yamato into a series "more acceptable for American TV".

In other words, they butchered it. Just like Gatchaman (Battle of the Planets) and to a lesser, but still hidous degree, Tokyo Mew Mew (Mew Mew Power).

[Edit: For those who wonder why I don't include Robotech in the list: Because although they did the same thing to the various 'Super Dimension' series when they made it, at least they came up with a relatively quality product.]
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:26 pm

ADXC (post: 1364015) wrote:The other day I stumbled upon the complete series(The usual 26 eps.) of The Irresponsible Captain Tylor for only $35. I immediately bought it and have enjoyed ever since.

This anime is very funny and I'm glad to have found it. It seems a little old, but I think that makes it better though.

It kind of reminds me of Cowboy Bebop and DBZ, but it still has it's own unique charm.

Has anyone else liked this series?

I remember seeing this series a few years ago on The International Channel ^__^

I can't remember what it was about, but I do remember laughing a lot XD I should hunt it down and watch some to refresh my memory ^__^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby ST. Attidude » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:46 pm

I did exactly what you did, ADXC. I bought the complete series on a whim, and that purchase certainly did not go to waste! I find it to be a very unique (and hilarious) series involving the outer realms of space. That Captaim Dom guy sure is something, too. He constantly surprised me. I have not seen Star Blazers either but I still enjoy the soundtrack, since I listen to a LOT of classical music...
[color="Magenta"]@[/color][color="Red"])}[/color][color="DarkGreen"]~[/color][color="Green"]`,[/color][color="Lime"]~[/color] [color="LightBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, [color="Red"]As Thanks,[/color] [color="LightBlue"]To All The CAA Moderators[/color][/color]
______
[color="Navy"]ST[/color][color="Blue"].[/color][color="RoyalBlue"] Attidude's[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"].[/color][color="LightBlue"].[/color].Portfolio Site, Twitter,
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Postby ADXC » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:57 pm

@ Blitzkrieg-Yeah, you should finish it. It's really good.

@ KBW-Well, I don't know. I'll have to see Gurren Lagann first. But yeah, that's great.

@ Eric-Yeah, so I'll stay away from that show then.

@ Tsuki-Yeah, it is very funny and worth the looking up!

@ St.Attitude-Cool! I thought I was the only one that did it on a whim. Nice.

Well, another thing I like about this anime is the unique soundtrack. Honestly, I do not hear this kind of music in new anime. Each song is very good and some of them are just silly and kooky! XD

Well, this was a good find before heading off for my second semester of college.
ADXC

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews