Any perfectly light anime?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:37 am

Kaligraphic (post: 1359750) wrote:If Azumanga Daioh's ending (high schoolers graduate from high school) counts as "dark" at all, then I don't know any anime made for people over the age of 12 that would satisfy your lightness criterion.

This thread wasn't so much about "I'm depressed and tired of Dark anime" as it was "I wonder if any really exist that don't have any dark or sad moments"

I had hoped to infer my definition of "light" to mean both "not dark" and "not sad" but perhaps I should have spelled it out more explicitly. The tears in the end of Azumanga Daioh came from so many of them realizing they were going their separate ways, and in most cases, this is the case with Graduation. People go their separate ways and some don't ever see each other again, even close friends. It's kind of a serious moment, especially given the rest of the show.

Lucky Star, on the other hand, doesn't end with graduation. It ends with something exciting (for the girls) about to happen and cuts off before the time of separation. If it hadn't been for the Kanata episode, I could have considered Lucky Star entirely light, but...

It was probably because I had just watched said episode again that I thought of this in the first place. Just a ponderance.

Oh, and I have seen Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu... All 3 series, in fact. Pretty crazy and random. And they had a very thin plot weaved through the thing that just gets cut off mid-sentance. Annoyed the crap out of me. As to whether it was perfectly light, I honestly don't remember... I seem to remember something about the grandmother, but... I only watched it once.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby animeguild53 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:12 am

fruits basket!
[color="black"][SIZE="1"]
When I fall, [color="White"]HE[/color] lifts me up!
When I fail, [color="White"]HE[/color] forgives!
When I am [color="White"]weak[/color], HE is strong!
[color="White"]When I am lost, HE is the way![/color]
[color="White"]When I am afraid, HE is my cou[/color]rage!
When I [color="White"]stumble, HE[/color] steadies me!
When I am [color="White"]hurt[/color], HE heals me!
When I am[color="White"] broke[/color]n, HE mends me!
When I am [color="White"]blind[/color], HE leads me!
When I am [color="White"]hung[/color]ry, HE feeds me!
When I face [color="White"]trial[/color]s, HE is with me!
When I face [color="White"]pers[/color]ecution, HE shields me!
When I face [color="White"]prob[/color]lems, HE comforts me!
When I face [color="White"]loss[/color], ]HE provides for me!
When I face [color="White"]Deat[/color]h, HE carries me Home![/SIZE]

from http://emailministry.org/stories2.asp?id=1481[/color]
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[color="Red"]... i'm a CHRISTian who happens to be a Student...[/color]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
animeguild53

Postby Chaos Aroura » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:01 pm

Someone mentioned Ponyo, and I'll second it. You asked about Hamtaro in the openign post, and it's really light. And cute. I like it.

Maybe Cardcaptor Sakura. The last season got a bit emotional between Sakura and Syaron, but not the others. The only other thing I can thing of is Sakura's mother. but she died when Sakura was very young and is never presented in a depressing way.
[color="MediumTurquoise"]"But the time is coming—it has, in fact, come—when what you're called will not matter and where you go to worship will not matter. It's who you are and the way you live that count before God. Your worship must engage your spirit in the pursuit of truth. That's the kind of people the Father is out looking for: those who are simply and honestly themselves before him in their worship. God is sheer being itself—Spirit. Those who worship him must do it out of their very being, their spirits, their true selves, in adoration."
John 4 23-24[/color]

[color="SandyBrown"]Count: You have one day sir. 25 measly hours!
Leon: …24
Count:…what?
Leon: There are 24 hours in a day.
Count: I believe, sir, that you are thinking of February!
~*~~*~~*~~*~
Count: I don't have a son, I'm not married... I may be a villain; but I don't fool around!!

-Neil Simon's "Fools"[/color]
[color="MediumTurquoise"]
"'For I know the plans I have for you', declares the Lord. 'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11[/color]
Chaos Aroura

Postby rocklobster » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:27 am

I've been watching Ranma 1/2 and Ah My Goddess. Both are very light-hearted.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby ST. Attidude » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:26 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1355946) wrote:I LOL'd. XDD

I secondly LOL that XD (Tho, that film is nothing to laugh about /_\)
[color="Magenta"]@[/color][color="Red"])}[/color][color="DarkGreen"]~[/color][color="Green"]`,[/color][color="Lime"]~[/color] [color="LightBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, [color="Red"]As Thanks,[/color] [color="LightBlue"]To All The CAA Moderators[/color][/color]
______
[color="Navy"]ST[/color][color="Blue"].[/color][color="RoyalBlue"] Attidude's[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"].[/color][color="LightBlue"].[/color].Portfolio Site, Twitter,
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Postby Spike Ikari » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:43 pm

Yeah, I'll have to say that I don't find the ending to Azumanga Daioh "dark", though I do see why you can find it sad. Nevertheless, I still find myself watching a random episode to cheer me up when I'm sad.

On that note, Yotsuba&!, while not a manga, has probably one of the happiest things I've ever read. The simple day to day adventures always put me in a happy mood when I'm down. And though already mentioned, My Neighbor Totoro is always a good choice. :)
Spike Ikari

Postby Wyntre Rose » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:22 pm

Kaligraphic (post: 1359750) wrote:...except one. An anime with so much Light that it has to be capitalized. An anime with so much Light that it overwhelms any dark themes, even though it mellows out near the end.

Death Note.

Ok, that's just hilarious. :lol: I'll admit, I laughed so hard I snorted.
Wyntre Rose

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews