Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood dub cast announced!

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood dub cast announced!

Postby Wyntre Rose » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:03 pm

http://www.activeanime.com/html/content/view/5627/36/

There are a few new voices here - Scar and Al especially - but for the most part it looks like the cast should stay the same. Yay!

I'm curious which character they'll have Aaron Dismuke voice later on...
Wyntre Rose

Postby goldenspines » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:12 pm

I'm quite happy to see most of the cast is staying on for this series. ^_^
J Michael Tatum playing Scar has me a bit wary, but I'm sure he'll do his best.
I'm not too worried about Al's new VA, but I think many of the Aaron fans will be upset at the effects growing up has on one's voice for a while.

Too bad we don't know who's playing Lin yet. :(

And Aaron Dismuke is going to be involved anyways? I wonder who he will play... o.o
goldenspines

Postby Wyntre Rose » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:53 pm

Yeah, I was disappointed that they didn't include Lin in the cast list, too. Since Lin is one of my favorite characters, I'll be looking forward to seeing who they get to play him.
Wyntre Rose

Postby MasterDias » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:01 pm

Well, if we're talking new recurring characters (and that's basically what that implied, otherwise, they would have gone ahead and announced it I would have thought), I can't really see Aaron Dismuke voicing anyone but Lin.
The other new characters will be mostly female (Ran Fan, Mei, Armstrong when she's introduced) or old guys(Fu).

But, this is only my guess. Although, I haven't heard him in anything since FMA, so I don't know what his range is now.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Wyntre Rose » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:11 pm

To be honest, the same thought went through my head, but for some reason, I just can't see it happening. Not that Aaron isn't a good actor - he is - but I can't imagine him "fitting" the role of Lin. However, I am open to being proven wrong! :)
Wyntre Rose

Postby MasterDias » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:34 pm

Well, that statement in that announcement implies two things to me, if I'm reading it right; they already have someone in mind for him, if they haven't already officially casted him as that person and it will be someone "later on" which I would think would eliminate recasting him as any early characters not already announced. They are trying to get most of the cast back anyway.
That basically only really leaves Lin in my mind as a recurring "young male" voice unless I'm forgetting someone.

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:59 pm

Here I thought that FMA Brotherhood would be subtitled only. Glad Vic M. is coming back to voice Edward Elric. I wonder who will voice Lin and Lan Fan?
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:47 am

goldenspines (post: 1347479) wrote:I'm quite happy to see most of the cast is staying on for this series. ^_^
J Michael Tatum playing Scar has me a bit wary, but I'm sure he'll do his best.
I'm not too worried about Al's new VA, but I think many of the Aaron fans will be upset at the effects growing up has on one's voice for a while.

Too bad we don't know who's playing Lin yet. :(

And Aaron Dismuke is going to be involved anyways? I wonder who he will play... o.o

I'm glad to see most of the original cast back! ^_^ And I'm kinda excited about the new VA's, at least the one for Al's voice. Though, its just sad we couldn't have Aaron back, but alas, you can't stop puberty. XD

I want to know who's doing Lin's voice as well! I mean, his Japanese VA fits him so well, if the American VA they get isn't just right it'll basically ruin it. D= At least for me... XD
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby MasterDias » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:27 am

Another bit of interesting information that came out of NYAF.
According to the Aniplex panel, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is apparently planned for 63 episodes. If correct, this would make it the longest series Bones has produced.

MasterDias

Postby Yamamaya » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:48 pm

KeybladeWarrior (post: 1347972) wrote:Here I thought that FMA Brotherhood would be subtitled only. Glad Vic M. is coming back to voice Edward Elric. I wonder who will voice Lin and Lan Fan?

With the massive popularity that FMA had, I knew that a dub was inevitable.

I wonder if they'll air this on Adult Swim?
Yamamaya

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:33 am

[SIZE="7"]YAAAAY!!![/SIZE]

:sweat: Eheheh...sorry. It's just that I've been waiting for this information for ages. I'm so happy they're getting most of the same people back! They got to know their characters with the first anime, so hopefully the few little moments early on in that series where they didn't quite work will not be present in Brotherhood. (Mainly talking about Travis Willingham here.)

You know, my first thought on the role Aaron Dismuke will play was also Ling. I would have to hear him do it before I could decide whether it'd work or not, but I can almost imagine it. Plus, that would mean there would still be some nice bantering back and forth between Vic and Aaron XD
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Fish and Chips » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:52 am

activeAnime wrote:Fuhrer King Bradley - Ed Blaylock
All is right with the world.

Lots of people naming Aaron Dismuke for Ling, but I haven't heard anything that kid's done since the English run of FMA ended. Does anybody have an example of his recent work?

Somebody needs to get Troy Baker in on this.
Fish and Chips

Postby blkmage » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:51 pm

MasterDias (post: 1348017) wrote:Another bit of interesting information that came out of NYAF.
According to the Aniplex panel, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is apparently planned for 63 episodes. If correct, this would make it the longest series Bones has produced.

That's about five seasons, which is a bit strange, but matches the assumed pacing of approximately two chapters per episode. That would mean it'd finish in June, which is about eight or nine manga chapters from now.
blkmage

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:38 am

blkmage (post: 1348905) wrote:That's about five seasons, which is a bit strange, but matches the assumed pacing of approximately two chapters per episode. That would mean it'd finish in June, which is about eight or nine manga chapters from now.

:o *warning signals start blaring* That doesn't sound good....
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby goldenspines » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:43 am

Fish and Chips (post: 1348310) wrote:All is right with the world.

Lots of people naming Aaron Dismuke for Ling, but I haven't heard anything that kid's done since the English run of FMA ended. Does anybody have an example of his recent work?

Somebody needs to get Troy Baker in on this.

Another reason we need to get you the Ouran box set. Aaron plays Chika. I think that's his most recent work (unless he's on something more recent that I can't recall at the moment).
If only I could find a dubbed clip from that episode...

In all honesty, I can't see Aaron, as good as he is, pulling off a good enough Ling. But I've been proven wrong before.
goldenspines

Postby AJV » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:03 pm

Interesting list so far.
I'm a little diappointed that Al's VA isn't the same from the first FMA.

Another reason we need to get you the Ouran box set. Aaron plays Chika. I think that's his most recent work (unless he's on something more recent that I can't recall at the moment).
If only I could find a dubbed clip from that episode...

Here's a link to the episodes on youtube (brought to you by Funimation)
http://www.youtube.com/show?p=IQ_voZPsL8k
I watched the entire Dub version there (which was great IMO).
Hope that helps. :)
[url=ajvsblog.blogspot.com]Image[/url]ImageImage
AJV

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:18 pm

AJV wrote:I'm a little diappointed that Al's VA isn't the same from the first FMA.

Why is that. Most people knew that Aaron wouldn't be the voice of Al this time around. He was around 11 or 12, when he did the voice of Al. He is now 16 and his voice mature to where it wouldn't fit now as the voice of Al.

goldenspines wrote:I think that's his most recent work (unless he's on something more recent that I can't recall at the moment).

Big Windup! is his recent work.

[color="Red"][font="Book Antiqua"]Col. Roy Mustang[/font][/color]
Roy Mustang

Postby AJV » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:00 pm

Roy Mustang (post: 1349717) wrote:Why is that. Most people knew that Aaron wouldn't be the voice of Al this time around. He was around 11 or 12, when he did the voice of Al. He is now 16 and his voice mature to where it wouldn't fit now as the voice of Al.
[color="Red"][font="Book Antiqua"]Col. Roy Mustang[/font][/color]

Because I liked his voice in the first one, but I didn't know that. :sweat:
Yeah I guess that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up,Roy. ^^
[url=ajvsblog.blogspot.com]Image[/url]ImageImage
AJV

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:41 pm

I'm disappointed that Scar's VA is different, since the guy who did him that I can't quite remember the name of did a really good job. Plus, maybe I'm pigeonholing him, but I can't see Kyoya as Scar.

Yamamaya (post: 1348187) wrote:I wonder if they'll air this on Adult Swim?

Perhaps that's why they're showing FMA twice a week now, to get everyone into it to make way for Brotherhood?
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:54 pm

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs wrote:I'm disappointed that Scar's VA is different, since the guy who did him that I can't quite remember the name of did a really good job. Plus, maybe I'm pigeonholing him, but I can't see Kyoya as Scar.

Dameon Clarke is who you are looking for.

J. Michael Tatum did the voice of Scar in the OVA's and now will play him again in Brotherhood.

Perhaps that's why they're showing FMA twice a week now, to get everyone into it to make way for Brotherhood?

Not the reason at all. FMA had good ratings and since Code Geass had very bad ratings. They had to do something.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby blkmage » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:07 pm

the_wolfs_howl (post: 1349675) wrote::o *warning signals start blaring* That doesn't sound good....

With the manga apparently in endgame territory and the whole point of the new anime is to animate the manga storyline, I'm pretty sure they've got it worked out so that the anime doesn't end before the manga still has stuff to cover. And I'm not too sure about eight or nine chapters being enough to conclude everything, but FMA's no Naruto or Bleach. Things aren't stretched out over a year's worth of chapters, so it's definitely doable.
blkmage

Postby Fish and Chips » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:05 am

Also baring in mind they could take a brief break at some point. Directly after the Ishbal Flashback arc wouldn't be a bad place for an intermission, if they felt like they needed to give Arakawa just a little more time. There are other breaks that might work too.
Fish and Chips

Postby Wyntre Rose » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:30 am

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs (post: 1349925) wrote:I'm disappointed that Scar's VA is different, since the guy who did him that I can't quite remember the name of did a really good job. Plus, maybe I'm pigeonholing him, but I can't see Kyoya as Scar.

Dameon Clarke was an amazing Scar, and I was disappointed that he wasn't going to be in Brotherhood as well, but I'm looking forward to seeing what J. Michael Tatum does with the character. He's probably most well known as Kyouya, but he actually has quite a range. Gruff and growly anti-hero is one part I haven't heard him tackle yet, but considering he's pulled off an amiable mad scientist (Komui from D Gray Man), a deadpan snarker (Doumeki from xxxHolic) a practically all powerful, heroic vampire (Jirou from Black Blood Brothers) an affable, mysterious villian (Seishiro from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles) and a naive, goofy, pre-teen wild child (Age from Heroic Age) as well as the aforementioned Kyouya, I don't think we have anything to worry about. :lol:
Wyntre Rose

Postby Wyntre Rose » Wed May 19, 2010 9:52 pm

I'm hoping this isn't gravedigging - not sure how old a thread has to be in order for it to achieve such a dubious distinction, but I was excited to see this, and I know we've all been wondering who will be voicing a certain Xing prince in FMA Brotherhood...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Todd-Haberkorn/113511538659750?ref=ts
Wyntre Rose

Postby crazypackersfan » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:49 am

Also, Aaron Dismuke said at Colossalcon that he will be voicing Young Hoennheim in Brotherhood.
Anime Bowl (my blog) - the most unusual anime blog possible
crazypackersfan

Postby goldenspines » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:26 am

Wyntre Rose (post: 1395444) wrote:I'm hoping this isn't gravedigging - not sure how old a thread has to be in order for it to achieve such a dubious distinction, but I was excited to see this, and I know we've all been wondering who will be voicing a certain Xing prince in FMA Brotherhood...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Todd-Haberkorn/113511538659750?ref=ts

I have mixed feelings about this. I could never really imagine Ling's dubbed voice, though. So maybe this will work out?

Olivier Armstrong's VA hasn't been announced yet, has it? I'm really looking forward to seeing who is cast for her.
goldenspines

Postby Wyntre Rose » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:00 pm

crazypackersfan (post: 1400070) wrote:Also, Aaron Dismuke said at Colossalcon that he will be voicing Young Hoennheim in Brotherhood.

Oh! That makes sense, then. lol. I've been wondering who he'd play, now that we know that Todd Haberkorn is voicing Ling.
Wyntre Rose

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews