Greatest fears.

Talk about anything in here.

Greatest fears.

Postby KumaruRockz » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:10 pm

I think we all have ridiculous fears that make no sense and will never come true and yet we're still scared of them. One of mine is looking down from a mirror or just staring at myself in the mirror from less than a foot away. That bloody mary commercial for HHN scared me.
[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]To be honest, I don't have much to say.[/font]
KumaruRockz

Postby Midori » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:36 pm

I have a fear of hypodermic needles, but that's not a never-can-happen thing...
Midori

Postby Tarnish » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:48 pm

Lizards. I am freaking TERRIFIED of lizards. I've had about three nightmares featuring lizards this year. Deadly, killer lizards.

I hate lizards. Don't even talk about komodo dragons. I prefer to pretend they don't exist.

OHOH And sharks. I hate sharks, too.
Tarnish

Postby KumaruRockz » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:16 pm

Wow. Thats rough. This is a no-tell thread so feel free to say w/e you wanna say. No poking fun here :)
KumaruRockz

Postby Robin Firedrake » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:20 pm

The dark. Mostly because I slept over with a best friend a lot. His dad LOVED to dress up in freaky costumes, make weird sounds and jump out in the middle of the night and scare me half to death e_e. And I hate murky water. And most sea critters. Notice I said MOST. Dolphins and whales and non painfully fishies are ok.
Robin Firedrake

Postby KumaruRockz » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:45 pm

That's a horrible father. You can sue him actually for victimisation.

MULLA! Lol but seriously dude thats retarted. I'd have stopped going to that friends house at night.
And I share the murky water thing. Eghh.
KumaruRockz

Postby Ratrace » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:48 pm

I have a thing about speaking in front if crowds, or even small groups. This would never have been a problem if I hadn't found out in front of a group I was supposed to give a short speech to.
A closed mouth gathers no feet.
Ratrace

Postby KumaruRockz » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:52 pm

Ouch dude. That must've been rough.
KumaruRockz

Postby Robin Firedrake » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:55 pm

Oh yeah. I almost forgot. I will not get up on a stage. as in ever. At all. Seriously. That and heights make me faint e_e. As in ten feet high. I hate my brain. It makes me scared for my life because I might fall and injure myself severely!
Robin Firedrake

Postby KumaruRockz » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:58 pm

Wow dude. Faint? Hmm I've never experienced that.
KumaruRockz

Postby Ratrace » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:04 pm

Ouch dude. That must've been rough.

Get ready, absolutely fine.
Stand up, absolutely fine.
get into position, absolutely fine.
Look out at everyone, sudden terror.

It's not so bad now, because I know it's coming. That time I was 10 seconds away from an all-out panic attack because it caught me be surprise.

That and heights make me faint e_e. As in ten feet high. I hate my brain. It makes me scared for my life because I might fall and injure myself severely!

I had a friend who played rugby. One of the toughest guy's you can imagine. I discovered he was scared of heights in a cable car, about three hundred feet above the ground. Which was surprising, because we were in a theme park and he'd had no problems with several rolercoasters up to this point.
Ratrace

Postby KumaruRockz » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:07 pm

Dude, I feel bad for ur friend. That seems scary.
KumaruRockz

Postby Lady Kenshin » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:53 pm

Catfish. They scare the bejeebies out of me. Especially when you know they can grow to be... this big.

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper344/stills/2uch8zi1.jpg

*Shudders*
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's okay to be a fanfiction author... http://www.fanfiction.net/~loveslabourswon
Lady Kenshin

Postby Ratrace » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:02 pm

I'm quite sure that's an endangered species of Cambodian catfish. As long as you stay out of Cambodia that won't be a problem.
Ratrace

Postby KagayakiWashi » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:06 pm

I think I have this subconscious fear of the balcony in my church (or the building itself). I have had countless dreams about the seats being shifted or lava pits in the church or being impaled on the pulpit (after flying around in the balcony).
Things I fear that I know that I fear.......spontaneous combustion.
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:50 pm

Besides spiders, I have a fear of being stuck in narrow tunnels underground ...
[color=purple][font=Tahoma][color=royalblue]"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."--[/color]Isaiah 40:31
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:02 am

I have a fear of volcanoes o_o Although, I've never encountered any irl and wish not to >_< I even have dreams about them.. So freaky >__>;

I blame it on Dante's Peak xD;
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Peanut » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:03 am

This is going to sound completely silly (because it is) but I am afraid of zombie apocalypses. Oh I know, they'll never happen, however for some reason whenever I watch a movie revolving around the living dead (and this includes Shaun of the Dead), the next few nights while I'm trying to go to sleep with one eye open in fear that some zombie is going to pop out of nowhere and gnaw my neck off...it makes me glad that such a thing happening is highly improbable...gosh I hope the laws of irony don't decide to use my last statement as an excuse to release a virus that can transform people into zombies upon this world...I really wouldn't appreciate that...
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby KumaruRockz » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:48 am

Peanut (post: 1301498) wrote:This is going to sound completely silly (because it is) but I am afraid of zombie apocalypses. Oh I know, they'll never happen, however for some reason whenever I watch a movie revolving around the living dead (and this includes Shaun of the Dead), the next few nights while I'm trying to go to sleep with one eye open in fear that some zombie is going to pop out of nowhere and gnaw my neck off...it makes me glad that such a thing happening is highly improbable...gosh I hope the laws of irony don't decide to use my last statement as an excuse to release a virus that can transform people into zombies upon this world...I really wouldn't appreciate that...

Sounds like my deathly fear of Chucky. I guess I saw a clip of his movie or something when I was young and ever since I've been terrified. I know it's a flippin doll but I honeslty can't help it. It's completely improbable like yours but then again stranger things have happened.

Btw. I think this thread should be moved to the General Section.
KumaruRockz

Postby Ratrace » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:45 am

Besides spiders, I have a fear of being stuck in narrow tunnels underground ...

Are you claustrophobic? That can get quite bad.

I have a fear of volcanoes o_o Although, I've never encountered any irl and wish not to >_< I even have dreams about them.. So freaky >__>;

Do you live near any volcanoes? I've only ever been close to a dead one.

(and this includes Shaun of the Dead)

One third joking (for which I apologize) and two thirds psychoanalysis (for which I get down on my knees and beg forgiveness) how does that one Queen song make you feel?

It's completely improbable like yours but then again stranger things have happened.

Please post a list of these things, to help disperse my fear that the world is a boring place.
Ratrace

Postby sharien chan » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:27 am

KumaruRockz (post: 1297648) wrote:One of mine is looking down from a mirror or just staring at myself in the mirror from less than a foot away. That bloody mary commercial for HHN scared me.

Oh gosh bloody mary still gets me sometimes. XDDD
sharien chan

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:56 am

I'm a self-diagosed hypochondriac ^^; its not that I don't go out of my house or anything like that, but I am afraid of the process of dying, and getting sick. XD And getting sicknesses that you don't normally get when you are 20 years old. (Like Heart Disease, and stuff like that XD)

I blame it on the genes, anxiety runs in my family..
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby KumaruRockz » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:58 am

Ratrace (post: 1301535) wrote:Please post a list of these things, to help disperse my fear that the world is a boring place.

Hmm. I'll find some. Any ideas? Lol.
KumaruRockz

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:40 pm

Moved to General, as per request.

[quote="ChristianKitsune (post: 1301552)"]I'm a self-diagosed hypochondriac ^^]

AH. I AM THE EXACT SAME WAY. XDD It's so ridiculous, isn't it? XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Sheenar » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:14 pm

Lady Kenshin (post: 1300663) wrote:Catfish. They scare the bejeebies out of me. Especially when you know they can grow to be... this big.

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper344/stills/2uch8zi1.jpg

*Shudders*

Sounds like good eating to me! (Grew up Cajun, so catfish was a staple in our household --I've even caught one fishing once --gotta watch out for those fins, though. Ouch.)

Me, I'm a bit claustrophobic, but only in certain situations: MRIs, parking garages (underground ones where it's all dark and creepy), and huge crowds (where other people keep bumping into you --I'm afraid of being knocked down --my balance isn't so good walking and it could happen easily).

Irrational fear: that something bad will happen to my service dog Pebbles --I honestly check to make sure she's breathing when she's sleeping sometimes. This stepped up for a little while after my friend lost his service dog to cancer.

Kit-chan and Corrie, I am similar, only with illnesses that run in my family: heart disease and diabetes. I get tested for diabetes every 6 months.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby GeneD » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:21 pm

I'm pretty scared of wasps. It varies in intensity from being able to ignore a wasp in the room to being borderline phobic.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Hana Ryuuzaki » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:27 pm

[font="palatino Linotype"]I'm afraid of....turkeys....
Not dead turkeys that are already cooked, but the large toms that are still alive.
It sucks when you're chased by one that comes up to your waist...(I'm short for my age)...

And I'm also scared of being forgotten and abandoned, but the strangest one is that I'm afraid of that muscle above my heel being slit and not being able to walk because of that. O.o

Yeah. ._.[/font]
[SIGPIC]http://christiananime.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9906&dateline=1214542817[/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][color="Plum"]WHY GOD MADE J-ROCK: Kamijo[/color][/SIZE]
[color="LightBlue"][SIZE="3"][font="Century Gothic"]Crucify My Love, If My Love Is Blind...[/SIZE][/color][/font]
Hana Ryuuzaki

Postby Scarecrow » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:32 pm

Spiders and little bugs.... like mosquitos....
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Lady Kenshin » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:19 pm

I fear loss of identity. I may dislike catfish, but what I fear most is to lose my self/existence.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's okay to be a fanfiction author... http://www.fanfiction.net/~loveslabourswon
Lady Kenshin

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:28 pm

Most insects, especially flying ones.

Needles.

Doctors.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Next

Return to General