How to kill yourself with bacon!

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:30 pm

I've heard of Chicken Salt but I think some you are making stuff up now.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby MBlight » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:53 pm

I'm so hungry right now...
I am a Rat Activist!

My Blog: http://mhitchens.wordpress.com

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Proud member of MOES!
MBlight

Postby Nate » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:57 pm

Wow, I didn't realize we had so many EIGHT YEAR OLD GIRLS on CAA.

Seriously, has the Health Fairy come and taken all your testosterone away? Given you fear and paranoia in exchange for being a MAN?

I mean for the love of God, people, yes. Eating this every day for three meals a day is not healthy. DUH. Eating nothing but tofu every day for three meals a day isn't healthy EITHER but I don't hear any of you whining about tofu being evil and horrible.

Eating ONE of these once a month or so isn't going to give you an immediate heart attack. Seriously. Lrn2health noobs.
Raiden wrote:Ahh, America. You really suck sometimes.

BECAUSE NO OTHER COUNTRY BUT AMERICA MAKES UNHEALTHY FOOD AMIRITE? Image

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Stephen » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:02 am

Nate wrote:Wow, I didn't realize we had so many EIGHT YEAR OLD GIRLS on CAA.

Seriously, has the Health Fairy come and taken all your testosterone away? Given you fear and paranoia in exchange for being a MAN?

I mean for the love of God, people, yes. Eating this every day for three meals a day is not healthy. DUH. Eating nothing but tofu every day for three meals a day isn't healthy EITHER but I don't hear any of you whining about tofu being evil and horrible.

Eating ONE of these once a month or so isn't going to give you an immediate heart attack. Seriously. Lrn2health noobs.

Too alarming now to talk about
Take your pictures down and shake it out
Truth or consequence, say it aloud
Use that evidence, race it around There goes my hero
Watch him as he goes
There goes my hero
He's ordinary Don't the best of them bleed it out
While the rest of them peter out
Truth or consequence, say it aloud
Use that evidence, race it around There goes my hero
Watch him as he goes
There goes my hero
He's ordinary Kudos my hero leaving all the best
You know my hero, the one that's on There goes my hero
Watch him as he goes
There goes my hero
He's ordinary

Foo Fighters-My Hero
Stephen

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:29 am

Ha, ha. Hilarious. You tell 'em Nate!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Maledicte » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:52 am

Lol. I'd probably eat about half, if the sodium didn't get to me. XD

I agree with Minakichan though, there should be a sausage in it.
Maledicte

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:35 am

Nate (post: 1275452) wrote:BECAUSE NO OTHER COUNTRY BUT AMERICA MAKES UNHEALTHY FOOD AMIRITE? Image

Way to take my statement out of context, commit a textbook straw-man fallacy, and distort my words beyond recognition, Nate. I salute you. You must have been the pride of your school's debate team.

And for the record, eating just one of these things is unhealthy. Compared to habitual unhealthy choices, it is relatively small in scale, but not unhealthy. /pedantry

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Sakaki Onsei » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:59 am

All I said was to eat omega-3s after taking in the large amount of omega-6s. That's all.

And yes, Bacon Salt is real.

http://www.baconsalt.com/

I own all of you.
Hiyakawa Sayaka (my character from my writing) wrote:God has given me a gift, that I really don't know what to do with. I guess, all I can do is put it in his hands, keep my hands inside the car, and expect to end up destroying parts of Tokyo with my perfectly good guitar.

Revelation 1:10-11: I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet, saying, [color="Red"]"Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches to Ephesus and to Smyrna, and to Pergamum and to Theyatira, and at Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."[/color]
Sakaki Onsei

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:10 am

Bacon Salt?
That's so sad, it's awesome.

No, we can't get that one in Australia.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Fish and Chips » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:19 am

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1275462) wrote:Way to take my statement out of context, commit a textbook straw-man fallacy, and distort my words beyond recognition, Nate. I salute you. You must have been the pride of your school's debate team.
SERIOUS BACON-RELATED ARGUMENT.
Fish and Chips

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:21 am

Someone's taking home the bacon.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Whitefang » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:56 am

Bacon Salt -Dogs...I mean humans don't know it's not bacon!
"It's not easy to act in the name of justice."

"Justice is not the only right in this world"
Whitefang

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:01 am

That looks delicious.

It'd make a good side dish for the hamdog.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby ich1990 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:44 am

They totally forgot to deep-fry it.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Nate » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:06 pm

Raiden no Kishi wrote:Way to take my statement out of context,

Out of context? How so? "This came from the U.S., didn't it? Ahh, America. You really suck sometimes." The context is perfectly clear. "Oh, someone has invented an unhealthy food! Clearly, it MUST be America, because Korea or Africa or Germany would never create such a thing!"

It's the same as if I was talking about that Nintendo DS game where you touch girls with the stylus to see if they're witches and went, "This came from Japan, didn't it? Ahh, Japan. You really suck sometimes." STEREOTYPE. Japan = perverts so obviously any perverted game MUST be made by them! America = fat slobs so obviously any unhealthy food MUST be made by them!
commit a textbook straw-man fallacy,

A textbook straw-man fallacy you say? When did I set up a statement that superficially resembles it? Your position was pretty clear. Did you for a second think "Hmm, I wonder if a Japanese person made this" or "Wow, I wonder if a guy in Greece did this?" Nope, you jumped STRAIGHT on America. I wonder why? Because obviously you feel America has more unhealthy food than any other country, which isn't true, but hey, why let facts stop you?
and distort my words beyond recognition, Nate.

BECAUSE DIRECTLY QUOTING YOUR POST IS TOTALLY DISTORTING YOUR WORDS AMIRITE? Image
And for the record, eating just one of these things is unhealthy.

I never said eating this was totally healthy. I just said eating one isn't going to give you an immediate heart attack. I'm talking about posts like,
As much as a like bacon and cheese, I like my heart being in working order moreso.

as if eating just one was suddenly going to make their heart go "OH GOD I AM GOING TO STOP WORKING RIGHT NOW." If you normally watch your sodium and cholesterol, exercise regularly, and try to eat a balanced diet, eating one of these things will NOT kill you, make you sick, give you clogged arteries, or make your heart shrivel up and die.

It's just like alcohol. It's so much easier to just say "Alcohol is bad, don't drink it!" instead of saying "Well, drink in moderation, and never get drunk." Instill fear in them, yep, that's the way to do it. Let's all live in fear, everyone! That's the 21st century way!

Also,

Nate

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:26 pm

So many things to try out O_O I had no idea there was such a thing as bacon salt 8D So many wonderous things in the world 8D
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby smartyetstupud » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:47 pm

That looks really tasty. *drools* I think I'm gonna make one over christmas break. ^^ And really... c'mon everyone, we know bacon is good for the soul.

This sandwich though... made my heart slow down when I ate it... =/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Cristo_sandwich
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
smartyetstupud

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:48 pm

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:01 pm

Awww, first linky no worky >8(

Bacon Butter \o.o/
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby goldenspines » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:06 pm

Coming in a bit late, but meh, whatever. :p

I'd probably have one little slice of that weaved bacon wrap thing.
Just enough to try it, but not enough to kill me.

The bacon salt, mayo, and spray may be a bit much though. XD

I'd rather stick to frying up a few pieces of bacon every once in a while to go with my eggs for breakfast. :D
goldenspines

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:55 pm

Two things that are probably unhealthy for me:
1) The food item in the opening post.
2) The second page of this thread.
uc pseudonym

Postby Gabriel 9.0 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:40 pm

uc pseudonym (post: 1275538) wrote:Two things that are probably unhealthy for me:

XD

as if eating just one was suddenly going to make their heart go "OH GOD I AM GOING TO STOP WORKING RIGHT NOW." If you normally watch your sodium and cholesterol, exercise regularly, and try to eat a balanced diet, eating one of these things will NOT kill you, make you sick, give you clogged arteries, or make your heart shrivel up and die.

It's just like alcohol. It's so much easier to just say "Alcohol is bad, don't drink it!" instead of saying "Well, drink in moderation, and never get drunk." Instill fear in them, yep, that's the way to do it. Let's all live in fear, everyone! That's the 21st century way!

Nate, it doesn't sound like he is trying to instill fear in anyway, just health conscious which there is nothing wrong with that.

Wow, I didn't realize we had so many EIGHT YEAR OLD GIRLS on CAA.

It sounded to me that they are just concerned about their health,not in the form of whining. you never know, some of the other members could have Hypertension,, I know I did for a while. ,
Some of my favorite scriptures.

Psalm91
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Hebrews 4-4
1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

James 4
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Gabriel 9.0

Postby minakichan » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:11 pm

I for one know that this bacon cheese weave would be extremely unhealthy for me.

If I tried to shove it up my butt.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:34 pm

That was a bit too much information.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:22 pm

Nate (post: 1275523) wrote:Out of context? How so? "This came from the U.S., didn't it? Ahh, America. You really suck sometimes." The context is perfectly clear. "Oh, someone has invented an unhealthy food! Clearly, it MUST be America, because Korea or Africa or Germany would never create such a thing!"

OR, being an American myself and seeing the quandary of ridiculous junk food we churn out and the number of deep-fried things we've come up with (Oreos, Twinkies, etc.) it seemed likely from my experience (since I don't research every country's junk-food output) that it would be from America. Any country could have come up with it, but America seemed likely from my experience being an American. My statement "Ahh, America. You really suck sometimes" is meant to transcend the scope of this thread to refer to multiple junk-food-related embarrassments (deep-fried Oreos, anyone?) - thus the plural "sometimes".

A textbook straw-man fallacy you say? When did I set up a statement that superficially resembles it? Your position was pretty clear. Did you for a second think "Hmm, I wonder if a Japanese person made this" or "Wow, I wonder if a guy in Greece did this?" Nope, you jumped STRAIGHT on America. I wonder why? Because obviously you feel America has more unhealthy food than any other country, which isn't true, but hey, why let facts stop you?

I know you like to pretend you have ESP, but you actually don't know what I'm thinking. In fact, I DID wonder where it came from, thus the statement, "This came from America, didn't it?" Again, from my experience as an American, I considered my home country a likely source for such a culinary monstrosity. And, for the record, here's your straw-man.

BECAUSE NO OTHER COUNTRY BUT AMERICA MAKES UNHEALTHY FOOD AMIRITE?

I never said nor do I believe that only America makes unhealthy food. However, and I will say it again, my experience living for a couple decades in America has convinced me that when something like a rolled-up woven bacon mat with cheese comes along, the U.S. is a likely source. Yet, since you seem to enjoy making fun of people, you distorted my views beyond reality in order to have something to lampoon. Ergo, textbook straw-man.

Get over yourself, Nate.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Fish and Chips » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:48 pm

This is now my favorite thread.
Fish and Chips

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:02 pm

I believe that it's not just America's food, but also the living habits of us which makes us the fattest nation ever.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Nate » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:27 pm

Raiden no Kishi wrote:OR, being an American myself and seeing the quandary of ridiculous junk food we churn out and the number of deep-fried things we've come up with (Oreos, Twinkies, etc.) it seemed likely from my experience (since I don't research every country's junk-food output) that it would be from America. Any country could have come up with it, but America seemed likely from my experience being an American. My statement "Ahh, America. You really suck sometimes" is meant to transcend the scope of this thread to refer to multiple junk-food-related embarrassments (deep-fried Oreos, anyone?) - thus the plural "sometimes".

I'd like to point out that the terms "ridiculous" and "embarrassments" may sound nice, but are based on personal opinion. I think tofu is an embarrassment to food, but some people actually like tofu. I think soy milk is garbage, but some people love the stuff...and by the way, consuming large amounts of soy has shown a correlation to brain loss, i.e. eating soy makes you dumber (note that more studies have to be done, and this is merely correlation, not causation, but given how paranoid people are about correlations these days in regards to food, it's pretty significant).

By the way, Japan invented the Mega Mac (a Big Mac with four beef patties instead of two), and let's not forget how much the Swiss and the Germans love their chocolate...also let's not forget Germany's love with bratwurst and other greasy sausages. The UK also has fast food and junk food galore but I don't see them having as many weight problems. Gee, I wonder if America's weight and health problems could be caused by something OTHER than food?
Ryan wrote:but also the living habits of us which makes us the fattest nation ever.

Ryan nailed it.

I'd also like to point out that as far as I know Japan is the only nation where you can order a food that WILL immediately kill you, fugu (blowfish).
It sounded to me that they are just concerned about their health,not in the form of whining. you never know, some of the other members could have Hypertension,, I know I did for a while.

Again, there is a difference between being concerned and being paranoid. "Hmm, I wouldn't want to eat those every day" is being concerned. "I don't want to suffer a heart attack so I'd never touch one!" is being paranoid.

As far as hypertension, that's a valid point, but as a counter I'd like to point out many people have allergies to shellfish and peanuts that can kill them but I'm sure they don't go around and say "OH GOOD LORD PEANUTS ARE UNHEALTHY AND HORRIBLE!" Again, paranoia.
Get over yourself, Nate.

It seems funny that someone would say that to a person who considers himself a complete failure at life, has no redeeming qualities, no talents of note, currently lives with his mom working a minimum wage job with no college degree, and considers himself to rank only slightly higher than a sack of doorknobs on the intelligence scale. Clearly, these beliefs show I consider myself a god among men.

Nate

Postby ADXC » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:36 pm

uc pseudonym (post: 1275538) wrote:Two things that are probably unhealthy for me:

XD

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1275583) wrote:My statement "Ahh, America. You really suck sometimes" is meant to transcend the scope of this thread to refer to multiple junk-food-related embarrassments (deep-fried Oreos, anyone?) - thus the plural "sometimes".

And have you really eaten deep-fried oreos? Because to me they are not embarrassing, maybe delicious and unhealthy, but not embarrassing.
ADXC

Postby Doubleshadow » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:36 pm

If this county were run by female vegetarians rather than carnivorous males, this never would have happened.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Previous Next

Return to General