Good News!

Talk about anything in here.

Good News!

Postby MBlight » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:45 am

Hey guys! Just wanted to spread the good news... my boyfriend and I got engaged this weekend...

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
I am a Rat Activist!

My Blog: http://mhitchens.wordpress.com

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Proud member of MOES!
MBlight

Postby Osirilen » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:47 am

Ooh that's awesome, congratulations.
Osirilen

Postby Robin Firedrake » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:48 am

Congrats! Hope it goes well =)
Robin Firedrake

Postby Purplefire » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:03 am

Yea!!! Congratulations!!!! That is so special! How did it happen?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="Blue"]
^My webcomic[/color]
[color="Magenta"]"Try having pastries as your hair style." ~Purplefire[/color]
[color="Cyan"]"If you throw us in the fire, the God we serve can rescue us from your roaring furnace and anything else you might cook up, O king. But even if he doesn't, it wouldn't make a bit of difference, O king. We still wouldn't serve your gods or worship the gold statue you set up." Daniel 3:17-18[/color]
Purplefire

Postby Taliesin » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:23 am

Congratulations! You lucky people and your "relationships".
FKA starhammer

Communism is only the perfect government if you have the perfect leader. And I'm only available Tuesdays.

I'm too cool to scroll.
Taliesin

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:29 am

Congratulations!
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:46 am

Congrats girl \o.o/

Details, details.. I need details girl :hug:
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Lilac#18 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:25 pm

Congratulations.:jump:
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

Lilac#18

Postby Doubleshadow » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:39 pm

Congratulations!
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby ADXC » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:58 pm

Congratulations! May your marriage be filled with love and jubilation.
ADXC

Postby MBlight » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:54 pm

Tsukuyomi (post: 1270777) wrote:Congrats girl \o.o/

Details, details.. I need details girl :hug:

lol! There's SO much detail!

We asked my parents about a month ago already and we got the ring and everything, I was just waiting in tense anticipation for him to actually ask me!

For the last 2 months we've had either a 21st or a wedding on every weekend and last week Darrin's been telling me that I am not allowed to do ANYTHING this weekend cuz he just wants to chill at home. He convinced me so well that we even went shopping for food for the whole weekend cuz we weren't even allowed to go to the shops!

On Friday night he "relented" and said we should go for coffee... he has a surprise for me...i was wondering what this surprise was but didn't have a clue... but as soon as we walked into Mugg n Bean there sat my 3 best friendies! GeneD, and two others! It was so cool but I was relatively tired and I felt bad for that...

It was raining terribly the whole of last week so I asked him if I could sleep over at his house (don't worry, both his parents were there and we slept in different rooms), this turned out to be very advantageous for him cuz he'd been scheming behind my back for weeks!

He woke me up at 5am the next morning and told me I had 40 minutes to get showered and ready! I did without question (at that time of the morning I don't question much) and when I was done and made my epic appearance in the kitchen there were bags and coolerboxes and stuff that was being packed into the car... :o

He stuffed me into the car as well and off we went to my house to pick up the bag my dad had so nicely packed for me... though he forgot vital things like socks and shorts...

We drove through to the province of Mpumalanga to see a beautiful small town called Pilgrim's Rest and Graskop. This province is soooo beautiful, it's one of my favourite places in the whole country... my favourite place being the Kruger National Park... and guess where we slept that night?

Our Young Adults Pastor has a holiday home on the banks of the Sabie river, on the other side is the KNP. The "Park" this house is in has wildlife, including leopard and hyena, walking around freely. It was amazing! Naturally this pastor, incidentally also GeneD's brother-in-law, and his wife (Gene's sis) was also there. We sat outside having dinner looking out onto the natural beauty of Africa.

I have a bit of a spider phobia though, and slept for about 2 hours waking Darrin up the whole time to kill the spiders who seemed to be congregating around me! Eventually he moved me into a different room, tucked the mosquito net under my bed, effectively sealing me out from the rest of the world and sat on my bed waiting for me to fall asleep... I felt so loved :hug:

The next morning I woke up before anyone else and decided to go read my bible (on my iPhone) on the stoep outside. I was happily reading and admiring the beauty around me, when I looked around and found this HUUUUUUGE baboon STARING AT ME!!!! I don't remember the bit between that and me being inside the house with a very locked door between the two of us! My heart was beating super super super super fast and I ran up to Darrin's room once again. and watched from the window as this monster quietly dissapeared into the bushes...

After that we went for a game drive and saw 3 of the big 5 after which we left Mr. Pastor and his wife to go through to Duncan's Pot Holes (google it) and there with amazingly green mountains with blankets of white floating over them and the beautiful sound of waterfalls in the background Darrin went down onto his one knee and the rest, shall we say, is history!
I am a Rat Activist!

Proud member of MOES!
MBlight

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:14 pm

Awwwwwwwwww, that is so sweet <333

Keep us updated on how it goes :)
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Warrior4Christ » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:32 am

Congratulations! Sounds like an enjoyable engagement!
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby RidleyofZebes » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:08 am

Allow me to offer my congratulations. ^_^
~Ridley [color="Green"] ;)
[/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]deviantART[/color][/color][/font] | [font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]YouTube[/color][/color][/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~~~[color="Yellow"]AKA: DarkwaterhHealer~~~[/color]
Even when lurking, I am with you in spirit...

Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES.
RidleyofZebes

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:09 am

aww wow! Congrats! It all sounds so great! ^_^
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby That Dude » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:55 pm

That's pretty rad, may God bless your marriage. And since I can't think of any synonyms for it at the moment, Congratulations!
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Kunoichi » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:05 pm

Congratz!!!!!!
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby Purplefire » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:07 am

Awww, that's so sweet!!! You had such a special weekend! Be sure to treasure it, ok? Congrats again!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="Blue"]
^My webcomic[/color]
[color="Magenta"]"Try having pastries as your hair style." ~Purplefire[/color]
[color="Cyan"]"If you throw us in the fire, the God we serve can rescue us from your roaring furnace and anything else you might cook up, O king. But even if he doesn't, it wouldn't make a bit of difference, O king. We still wouldn't serve your gods or worship the gold statue you set up." Daniel 3:17-18[/color]
Purplefire

Postby GeneD » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:26 am

I've already said it, but congrats! Question; did you suspect anything?
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby MBlight » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:11 am

Um... kinda?

He dropped a couple of hints a month or so ago (when we bought the ring) that he would like to go up there to get engaged... and then we went up there... but he hid it by pretending the stone had fallen out of my ring and he had taken it back to the shop to have it fixed and also he said that the weekend away was my birthday present...

and then on the way up to the potholes he told me to hold my hands up and look at them and remember what i saw... that was a dead give away :sweat:
I am a Rat Activist!

Proud member of MOES!
MBlight

Postby Gabriel 9.0 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:13 pm

Congrats :), I'm happy to hear that, may the Lord bless you and his marriage:)

I look forward to the moment I marry the right lady XD.
Some of my favorite scriptures.

Psalm91
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Hebrews 4-4
1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

James 4
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Gabriel 9.0

Return to General