Sugar Gliders: Help Needed

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:30 pm

Ryan, I kind of see where you're coming from but I still think looking after native animals is harder than a domestic animal - dog, cat etc.
And maybe I just don't like the idea of them being sold in other countries, I don't know. It's not like we have heaps of them here.

For every responsible owner, there are many irresponsible owners. I'm against the teen girl who gets one because it's so 'kawaii' and then dumps it because of boredom or no time etc. Not so much USSRGirl. She sounds like she's doing a good job (though I'd like to see more photos of the little guy).
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Lil_Ninja » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:51 pm

Yay pictures!!! He's sooo cuuute!! And I love the name ^^

How old is he?
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby Nate » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:04 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:I think you feel that way simply because of the worldview that you developed via socialization in your life. XD

I think he feels that way because he shifted his paradigms and re-engineered his synergy for a holistic integrated pro-activization.

See I can spew out meaningless jargon too. :D

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:25 pm

You guys are really good at talking crap! (lol)
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby GeneD » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:32 am

USSRGirl (post: 1270109) wrote:But I do have a pic of my delusions]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f270/USSRGirl/Sephi.jpg[/IMG]
Aww, he is very cute. I totally understand all the Sephiroth fangirl-ism now. :P
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:18 am

Nate (post: 1270195) wrote:I think he feels that way because he shifted his paradigms and re-engineered his synergy for a holistic integrated pro-activization.

See I can spew out meaningless jargon too. :D

My jargon is more pragmatic than your jargon. =p
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Nate » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:01 pm

Mine is more cromulent.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby USSRGirl » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:36 pm

To conclude the wild pet debate; I don't think this is unique to gliders. Any animal that has less diluted bloodline from its born free ancestors is likely to be a huge problem for inexperienced owners. Husky/malamutes for example have been, without fail, the most tempermental/skittish dogs I've worked with, and it's no surprise that people who go out and buy that cute bundle of fluff puppy decide to get rid of it after it becomes too much to handle. That's why the animal shelter I volunteer at tries to screen owners more carefully for certain dog breeds. The bottom line is that "exotic" pets need to be researched and thought out - especially if it's a rescue.

Just after getting Fev, I gotta say he's a whole different ball game than hamsters/guinea pigs. He definitely did *not* want to be my bestfriend right away and after a lot of nipping and crabbing, he's just made his first huge break through today and let me cuddle him/hug without getting cranky. It's awesome to see him finally come out of his shell - he actually greeted everyone in my house by jumping from my shoulder onto them and smelling faces/hair. Now he's fast asleep in my hood XD. For him it was a real *to quote Squee's teacher* repetition, redundancy, repetition thing to get him to trust me.

As for selling overseas... I don't really see why you would be particularly disturbed by glider sales when puppy/kitten mills and countless other means of pawning off pets run rampant here (and I'd guess in Australia too, right?) It's just a matter of getting them into the right hands and keeping them out of the wrong one's so owner stupidity doesn't end in "make bad pets" labels.

I got my camera up again, so I'll post more pics of him soon. He's two-years-old, btw, Ninja. ^.^
USSRGirl

Postby chibiphonebooth » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:54 pm

auaghalskdrelkwjeirw i'm so jealous of you ;3;
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Lil_Ninja » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:34 pm

Yay!! He sounds awesome ^^
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby USSRGirl » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:14 pm

Behold Feverstone's cuteness! I needs an lolcat caption... hrm.

USSRGirl

Postby Lil_Ninja » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:05 pm

YAY CUTENESS!!

Ooh how about "Ah, you got me!" or or "Blending: You fail" XP
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby USSRGirl » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:08 pm

XD The second one kinda fits.
USSRGirl

Postby chibiphonebooth » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:52 pm

I HATE YOU.

;3;
i want onnnnne
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Previous

Return to General