Erica
Anber-Lynn
Ashley
Rachel

As to guys' names:
Eric
Seth
Will
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:42 pm

SnoringFrog (post: 1261485) wrote:Anber-Lynn

Really?
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby rocklobster » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:46 pm

Oh I forgot! Ashley is also a nice name for a girl. Sounds real pretty and meek.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby chibiphonebooth » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:35 pm

I also vote La'Sarah.

LA'SAAAAAAAARAAAAHHHHH
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby LadyRushia » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:38 pm

Her first name is La'Sarah and her middle name is Bon Qui Qui.

La'Sarah Bon Qui Qui.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby SnoringFrog » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:08 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1261490) wrote:Image

Really?

Haha. Not sure if I'd actually use the name. But yeah...ever since my cousin gave me the idea I've really liked it. And it does make a really pretty sounding name, imo, as long as you don't think of it as a band name...
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby chibiphonebooth » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:33 pm

LadyRushia (post: 1261523) wrote:Her first name is La'Sarah and her middle name is Bon Qui Qui.

La'Sarah Bon Qui Qui.

LA'SAAARAAAAAHHHHHHH BON QUI QUIIII.

SEKURITYYYYy
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby LadyRushia » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:23 am

SAKURIDY! This hulla-hoop needs to go! She needs to go!
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:32 pm

Hooray for making obscure references and giggling about them without bothering to let anyone else in on it!

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Lilac#18 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:55 pm

How about Ayeka (meaning:delicate) like, the character from Tenchi Muyo/Universe if it's a girl? sorry, I can't come up with any boy names right now. I'll post some of those when can found more. I have some names on the first page. hope you like them.
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:05 pm

In general, anime names are a bad idea. Number one, most of them are Japanese and thus will look or sound off with a Western surname. Number two, as time goes on, there's a good chance you or the child will grow to dislike the name. I mean, you're naming a kid after a cartoon character. Plus, kids are (despite those who think they are born completely innocent) often cruel, and they will make fun of other kids' names if they can. Heck, I did it once or twice when I was a kid, even though now I think the kid's name (Valentine) is pretty awesome (yes, partially because of Vincent Valentine from FFVII. Shut up.)

Naming kids = SRS BZNS.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Raiden no Kishi

Postby minakichan » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:09 pm

You should name the kid Sakura Hitomi Krystal Ryoko Kasumi d'Amethystia III.

Regardless of gender.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:14 pm

Well, if we're not going to take this thread seriously, then . . .

Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobella Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andrt Charton-Haymoss Ivanovicci Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser the Third. Regardless of gender. Insist that the child be referred to his/her full name at ALL times.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

Raiden no Kishi

Postby Lilac#18 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:24 pm

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1261848) wrote:In general, anime names are a bad idea. Number one, most of them are Japanese and thus will look or sound off with a Western surname. Number two, as time goes on, there's a good chance you or the child will grow to dislike the name. I mean, you're naming a kid after a cartoon character. Plus, kids are (despite those who think they are born completely innocent) often cruel, and they will make fun of other kids' names if they can. Heck, I did it once or twice when I was a kid, even though now I think the kid's name (Valentine) is pretty awesome (yes, partially because of Vincent Valentine from FFVII. Shut up.)

Naming kids = SRS BZNS.

.rai//

I guess it woundn't go with any surnames but japanese and you're right, it might sound good on some surnames but japanese. that was a bad choice of a name.

What is you're last name, Wind?
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby minakichan » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:51 pm

Vash the Stampede

D'oh. You got me there. I lose.

Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern-schplenden-schlitter-crasscrenbon-fried-digger-dingle-dangle-dongle-dungle-burstein-von-knacker-thrasher-apple-banger-horowitz-ticolensic-grander-knotty-spelltinkle-grandlich-grumblemeyer-spelterwasser-kurstlich-himbleeisen-bahnwagen-gutenabend-bitte-ein-nurnburger-bratwustle-gernspurten-mitz-weimache-luber-hundsfut-gumberaber-shonedanker-kalbsfleisch-mittler-aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm!

In all seriousness, foreign names can be cool, but it seems they only work out well if the name or the meaning has some personal significance to the parents and not because of some anime character. Otherwise it's just wapanesy.

(Did you know that apparently there are quite a few parents out there naming their kids Jor-El and Kal-el? O_O WHERE'S KON-EL? XD)
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Kkun » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:07 pm

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1261844) wrote:Hooray for making obscure references and giggling about them without bothering to let anyone else in on it!

.rai//

You could always, you know, let yourself in on the obscure reference. You are on the internet. All the knowledge in the world is at your fingertips!
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby LadyRushia » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:13 pm

Aya and Yuna are two female names that don't sound too Japanese and they could be really nice depending on the last name.

But Bon Qui Qui and La'Sarah go well with every last name ever.
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby rocklobster » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:38 pm

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1261852) wrote:Well, if we're not going to take this thread seriously, then . . .

Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobella Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andrt Charton-Haymoss Ivanovicci Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser the Third. Regardless of gender. Insist that the child be referred to his/her full name at ALL times.

.rai//

Epic win. For those who don't know, this is how Vash the Stampede introduced himself to Wolfwood in the anime version of Trigun. He then adds "Don't hesitate to call." How anyone could remember a name like that is beyond me.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:37 pm

rocklobster (post: 1261890) wrote:How anyone could remember a name like that is beyond me.

I've memorized three ten-minute prepared speeches at once and been prepared to recite them with feeling (one involved a lot of acting) on command. It's doable. ^_^ Plus, Johnny probably had a script for that one.

@Jamie: Yes, clearly, but that's not the point. Believe me, if I really cared about the joke I'd have looked it up by now. The point is that it would have been a good idea to have dropped a link when one has spent a significant portion of the thread laughing to each other about something.

@minakichan: Well, at least no one has named their progeny Kidfrom-El.

@Rushia: I don't know, Final Fantasy X was pretty big news. I think they'd figure out where Yuna was from.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

Raiden no Kishi

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:03 pm

A friend of mine used to work for Growing Family. They're the people that take your baby's picture the bleeding second they're born and try to sell them to you for a large sum. She worked in the call center and heard a large variety of ludicrist names. Anakin Skywalker Smith, Aragorn Legolas Williams, and then this pair of twins named Lemonjello and Orangello. Yes. Named for a dessert.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby sainttailfan » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:43 pm

Etoh*the*Greato (post: 1261907) wrote:and then this pair of twins named Lemonjello and Orangello. Yes. Named for a dessert.

When life hands you a pair of twins, get back at it by naming them for a dessert :lol:

[SIZE="2"]Scrolling sigs? Hidoi! Yurusenai! ( proud MOES supporter :grin: )[/SIZE]
sainttailfan

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:59 pm

I can hear the cannibals smacking their lips already. Hey, isn't Gelatin made from bones, somehow? I'd heard somehow it was.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Kkun » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:34 am

Etoh*the*Greato (post: 1261907) wrote:A friend of mine used to work for Growing Family. They're the people that take your baby's picture the bleeding second they're born and try to sell them to you for a large sum. She worked in the call center and heard a large variety of ludicrist names. Anakin Skywalker Smith, Aragorn Legolas Williams, and then this pair of twins named Lemonjello and Orangello. Yes. Named for a dessert.

My mom used to do hearing screenings on newborns and she came across a couple of kids named Lemonjello and Orangello. How horrifying/common is that?
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby EricTheFred » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:37 am

sainttailfan (post: 1261908) wrote:When life hands you a pair of twins, get back at it by naming them for a dessert :lol:

Chocolate and Tira Misu... oy. No.

Etoh*the*Greato (post: 1261910) wrote:I can hear the cannibals smacking their lips already. Hey, isn't Gelatin made from bones, somehow? I'd heard somehow it was.

In essence. It's created from collagen, which is found in animal tissues, especially bones, skin, etc. Extracting it in the neat, powdered form you get at the supermarket is a very involved industrial process, but by slowly simmering the bones from chickens or beef while making stock you essentially do the same thing yourself. The gelatin dissolved in it is what gives a clear meat broth most of its body.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:17 am

Kkun (post: 1261922) wrote:My mom used to do hearing screenings on newborns and she came across a couple of kids named Lemonjello and Orangello. How horrifying/common is that?

Maybe it was the same pair? :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby soul alive » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:14 pm

Egads, but then ___jello can't be any worse than Apple, Gwyneth Paltrow's daughter...

A kid a couple years behind me in school was named Billy Michael Jackson (named for the singer), and went by his full name.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:04 pm

Is it some sort of unspoken rule that you have to give your children goofy names once you're a celebrity?

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

Raiden no Kishi

Postby EricTheFred » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:25 pm

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1261994) wrote:Is it some sort of unspoken rule that you have to give your children goofy names once you're a celebrity?

.rai//

I move we declare this "Dweezil's Law".
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:45 pm

EricTheFred (post: 1261997) wrote:I move we declare this "Dweezil's Law".

Wouldn't it be Frank's Law, since he's the one who did the naming?

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

Raiden no Kishi

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:47 pm

Kkun (post: 1261922) wrote:My mom used to do hearing screenings on newborns and she came across a couple of kids named Lemonjello and Orangello. How horrifying/common is that?

More so than I thought, apparently. The mother of a friend of mine, a dermatologist, has come across a pair of kids with the same name. I'm beginning to wonder if it's just a joke that doctors like to tell. XDD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Previous Next

Return to General