Energy Drinks and caffeine addiction

Talk about anything in here.

Postby chibiphonebooth » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:30 am

sharien chan (post: 1242822) wrote:What about that time you, Carl and I had a Jolt and we all fell asleep? talk about a weird day.

oh yah! that was soooo weird. we all had jolts and then we all just like... passed out. in the span of like.. 30 minutes or something. XD
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:40 am

ChristianKitsune (post: 1242535) wrote:Seriously the BEST thing for everyone is to drink water... Tea and Coffee, while okay for you in moderation will never be better for you than plain ol' H20

QFFT. (Quoted For the Frigging Truth. XD) If people would drink more water and less soda/other sugary things, there would be less health problems. >_>

If you need caffeine, drink unsweetened tea (add the sweetener yourself; honey is fantastic and also has health benefits) or black coffee with no cream in it. Much healthier. :p Also tea and coffee both have antioxidants in them, I believe.

Or if you just really really want some pre-sweetened tea in a can, look for Arizona's Black and White. It's in a black-and-white can (duh) with a pink flower on it. It doesn't have any high fructose corn syrup in it and is sweetened with actual sugar and honey. Tastes like win and won't kill you as fast as HFCS-sweetened things. XD
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby SnoringFrog » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:10 am

I can't stand coffee, the scent of it's annoying and it tastes horrible, and I don't drink energy drinks, when I need caffeine I turn to Mountain Dew, sweet tea, or some energy gum or energy mints.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby king atlantis » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:48 am

Or if you just really really want some pre-sweetened tea in a can, look for Arizona's Black and White. It's in a black-and-white can (duh) with a pink flower on it. It doesn't have any high fructose corn syrup in it and is sweetened with actual sugar and honey. Tastes like win and won't kill you as fast as HFCS-sweetened things. XD

[color="Red"]
Trade Winds is also good- its an organic tea/and/honey only type thing.

and tastes good.[/color]
im a back.
king atlantis

Postby Sheenar » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:35 pm

ShiroiHikari (post: 1242943) wrote:Or if you just really really want some pre-sweetened tea in a can, look for Arizona's Black and White. It's in a black-and-white can (duh) with a pink flower on it. It doesn't have any high fructose corn syrup in it and is sweetened with actual sugar and honey. Tastes like win and won't kill you as fast as HFCS-sweetened things. XD

I love Arizona Green Tea --only 99 cents for a HUGE can on campus --and it's a good bit healthier than soda.

I think I've figured out why I like to drink coffee at work --the office is COLD...so very cold. The coffee helps me warm up a bit. (There is tea here in the office, but they're all weird flavors...:P )
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Yuen Fei Lung » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:53 pm

I'm not too fond of coffee but I love energy drinks. My favorite would have to be the green Monster energy drink.
Yuen Fei Lung

Postby Nate » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:09 am

I don't care for tea, nor do I care for coffee. Thus I have only two things I can rely on to get caffeine, pills and soda. And I'd rather not go the pill route. Besides even if I took caffeine pills I'd still drink soda anyway, so that would make it pointless.

For whatever reason, I normally don't like drinking anything but soda. I think it has something to do with the carbonation. This is why I can't switch over to water or tea; it's not carbonated, so it would bother me.

I actually DO drink a lot of water during the summer months though. If I'm hot and sweaty, I take water over soda any day, but with meals, or just lounging around, I'm going to go for the soda.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby sharien chan » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:23 am

chibiphonebooth (post: 1242940) wrote:oh yah! that was soooo weird. we all had jolts and then we all just like... passed out. in the span of like.. 30 minutes or something. XD

Watching Harry Potter....XDDDD
sharien chan

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:10 pm

This is kinda off topic, but have any of you guys had that Aloe Vera drinks they sell at the Asian stores?
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby king atlantis » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:21 pm

[color="Red"]no....but that sounds...nasty....
*thinks of aloe vera lotion in a can*
**shudders**

i saw that black canned coffee today O_x[/color]
im a back.
king atlantis

Postby ADXC » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:11 pm

I drink a cup of coffee a day and it keeps me up a little bit. Im not into energy drinks. I do like to put some sweet and low and milk into my coffee because I like it sweet. My parents drink like 3-4 cups a day, Im not sure if I could do that though.
ADXC

Postby king atlantis » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:21 am

ive discovered this from the chain-coffee stores:

starbucks has the best iced coffees
starbucks teas are very sweet
coffee bean has the best regular coffee, where as starbucks tastes...burnt to me
coffee beans tea is good/ok
sheets coffee is acctually...fairly good.
7 elevens isnt
im a back.
king atlantis

Postby randomuser83 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:33 pm

I particularly like the aloe drink the Korean one. As for coffee nothing beats the Carmel Frappucino from starbucks or a kona mocha.
randomuser83

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:38 pm

king atlantis (post: 1245714) wrote:starbucks teas are very sweet

I would suggest getting their teas unsweetened. The green (and also black) iced teas they have are very refreshing if you order them with no sweetener. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:39 pm

If you like Iced Coffees go to a coffee store and request this:

Half Iced Coffee, Half milk, seven pumps of vanilla syrup. One of the girls in the SBC at my Borders invented this. It is FANTASTIC.

My uncle is kind of a coffee snob, but even he likes Starbucks. I like the local stuff for the local color (they're great hangouts in general in my area for all the weird folk in town) but I have to admit that you can get a decent coffee there.

Interesting fact: You're not guaranteed to get the same flavor at every Starbucks unless it is a branch inside another business like Barnes and Noble. The sub-branches lent out to other businesses are controlled and patrolled very strictly while the individual franchises are allowed much freedom in terms of mixing and recipes. They have a starting point, but if they evolve another method over many years of ignoring the precise formula they may not even be slapped down for it.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby EricTheFred » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:55 pm

Starbucks drips tend to be over-roasted, in my opinion. But their espresso drinks are greatness.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:00 pm

Currently they are switching their beans to Seattles Best which the now own. I generally like SBC, but they're not great by any means. It's amazing how much you learn about coffee working in book stores. Heh.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby king atlantis » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:24 pm

EricTheFred (post: 1245814) wrote:Starbucks drips tend to be over-roasted, in my opinion. But their espresso drinks are greatness.

i agree.

when i get regular coffee from starbucks...i only ever get expresso&cream...
but see, i like coffe black, and thats why i dont generally get my coffee from SB.

order their tea w/o sweetener? i thought all theirs teas were allready sweetened..>_>
ill have to do that, thanks v.v'
im a back.
king atlantis

Postby Warrior4Christ » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:45 pm

If you speak of iced coffee around here, this is the only possible thing you could be talking about:

Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby KBMaster » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:03 pm

I put coffee, although I never drink it. I drink cappucino. I am fairly positive that at times, it runs through my bloodstream more than actual blood does.
KBMaster

Postby Shilohan ninja » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:21 pm

Screw the Dew, chuck the Starbucks, and kick the Moster to the curb. I have only three words for you:
Sobe, Arizona and XS. Need I say more?
Finish Strong - 2Tim. 4:7,8
"[color="SeaGreen"]Speak up for those who never get a chance to choose life rather than those who have rights and use them improperly."[/color] - A good friend of mine
[color="Purple"]Normal is a setting on a washing machine[/color]. -A youth pastor of mine
[SIZE="5"]JESUS IS LORD![/SIZE] End of descussion.
[color="Red"]Farewell to false pretention
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell tomorrow burns[/color] - Demon HunterMy Blog
Shilohan ninja

Postby EricTheFred » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:10 am

Shilohan ninja (post: 1246000) wrote:Screw the Dew, chuck the Starbucks, and kick the Moster to the curb. I have only three words for you:
Sobe, Arizona and XS. Need I say more?

Next to Bawls, they all pale in comparison.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:15 am

I always kind of thought Bawls tasted like it's namesake. My fiancee loves the stuff, though.
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby king atlantis » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:27 am

same here...i dislike Bawls and XS is...so-so.

i recently re-tryed red bull (which i had sworn off for forever cause i thought it tasted bad) because they were being given out for free....
nedless to say, i drank 4 (ok, mabey not the best idea late at night...) and thought they tasted pretty good.
i still prefer Monster, however.
the Lost drinks are good too...but their made by the same people who do Monster, so :p
im a back.
king atlantis

Postby AlyssHeart » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:55 am

XD I love coffee!!! It seems to me that I have a difficult time drinking it in the summer time though...I don't know if it is because I am weird?...it could just be a mind thing with me..but coffee is better in the fall and winter...anyway, tea is amazing too! I love chai tea, rose tea, Russian tea, and...pomergranite tea! Energy drinks are disgusting to me....I don't know...they just taste bad..but I love Mt. Dew!!!
"Surely what a man does when he is taken off his guard is the best evidence for what sort of man he is."-C.S.Lewis. =)
AlyssHeart

Postby king atlantis » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:28 pm

vault>MtDew IMO.

not that theirs ALL that much different.

also- i made my own ice tea. that stuff is good. 3/4 DARK coffe blend, a little raw sugar, 1/4 milk, mix it and add some ice cubes (around 5).
thats good stuff :)
im a back.
king atlantis

Postby Warrior4Christ » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:02 pm

king atlantis (post: 1246216) wrote:also- i made my own ice tea. that stuff is good. 3/4 DARK coffe blend, a little raw sugar, 1/4 milk, mix it and add some ice cubes (around 5).
thats good stuff :)

Where's the tea in that...?
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:49 pm

Warrior4Christ (post: 1246223) wrote:Where's the tea in that...?

LOL, I was gonna ask the same! I think we would call that an iced coffee...XD;
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby eventide » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:32 pm

Try having 3 NOS energy drinks, a couple of double shot expressos, and a latte in an 11 hour period after having only 2 hours of sleep in 3 days. I went from sleepy to weepy, giggly to catatonic, restless to normal, only to repeat the process with differing variations. Ahh, the college life during finals week.
eventide

Postby eventide » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:51 pm

Tsukuyomi (post: 1243269) wrote:This is kinda off topic, but have any of you guys had that Aloe Vera drinks they sell at the Asian stores?

I used to have to drink Aloe Vera for health reasons, and I remember how it smelled exactly like Aloe Vera lotion. It also came in a couple of flavors too, peppermint and I think orange. It was gross! After I stopped taking that I had to take Barley Green. To me that was even worse! One good thing came out of it though, when anyone puts me up to a dare to drink some nasty concoction I always win.:grin:
eventide

Previous Next

Return to General