Full Moon Wo Sagahite

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:21 pm

Well, I just bought volume 6 a day or two ago, and not having read the scans beforehand, I have to say, I pretty much squealed like a fangirl the whole way through. XD

[SPOILER]I think I'm starting to like the manga better than the anime! Mix together Jonathan's true identity ( :wow!: ), Takuto's old girlfriend, Hikari, the extra character development (a whole lot of character development), and (finally) Mitsuki's reply to Takuto, and you've got one fantastic volume! [/SPOILER]

I loved it, and I can't wait for the next and final volume! Honestly, the only real disadvantage the manga has to the anime is not being able to hear the music (unless you've got the soundtrack playing in the background *which I do, at times.* XD). I've really enjoyed following this series, and both the anime and manga have made their way to the very top of my favorites list. :thumb:
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Ashley » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:32 pm

the only real disadvantage the manga has to the anime is not being able to hear the music (unless you've got the soundtrack playing in the background *which I do, at times.*

Me too! I thought I was the ONLY one that did that! :lol:

The anime is still one of my very, very favorite series' of all time, but I definately rank the manga higher.
Ashley

Postby shojoiscool2 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:05 pm

I love this manga so much!!! Mitsuki is so adorable and so is Moroko and Takuto and on and on....... I actually think Jonathan is cute in his way. I like all the charactars. I'm wonder if Eichie will make more of an appearence since I'm am just starting book five. The premise sounded so cheesy to me, I almost didn't buy it, but I am so glad I did. The artwork is amazing too.
shojoiscool2

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:23 pm

shojoiscool2 wrote:I love this manga so much!!! Mitsuki is so adorable and so is Moroko and Takuto and on and on....... I actually think Jonathan is cute in his way. I like all the charactars. I'm wonder if Eichie will make more of an appearence since I'm am just starting book five. The premise sounded so cheesy to me, I almost didn't buy it, but I am so glad I did. The artwork is amazing too.

Glad to meet another fan! Full Moon wo Sagashite has become my all-time favorite anime series, and it's become my all time favorite manga, too. :D The characters are all so deep and wonderful, that sometimes, I think it's hard to pick a favorite. Then I snap back to reality and say, "It's Takuto...of course!" XD About Eichi, though...

[SPOILER=Volume 3]He won't be back unless it's in flashbacks, etc., since he's dead...[/SPOILER]

But yeah, if you're enjoying the manga this much, you should keep an eye out at your DVD stores for the Full Moon wo Sagashite anime, which was just recently licensed and is being released. The first volume is in stores now, while the second will be released some time in September (at least, that's what I've heard at ANN...). I'm quite excited about it! *is impatiently awaiting the final few volumes, which will feature her favorite episodes* :lol:
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Starfire1 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:20 pm

first, many thanks to bianca for starting this thread. full moon wo sagashite is one of my favorite anime's and it's just...cute. but not in an annoying, intelligence-sapped way. i haven't finished it (dunno if it has ended anyway) but i just wanted to know what you guys thought of the manga. i might buy it. or just sit in b&n and read it and irritate the salespeople.
Only a dead thing goes with the stream. Only a living thing can go against it.

USSRGirl wrote:>.< No. Because I say it tastes of evil. And everyone is entitled to my opinion.

"It is impossible to end hatred with hatred"-Gandi

Adopted by Mega.EXE
Adopted: KhakiBlueSocks, ShadowChild
Starfire1

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:35 pm

Starfire1 wrote:first, many thanks to bianca for starting this thread. full moon wo sagashite is one of my favorite anime's and it's just...cute. but not in an annoying, intelligence-sapped way. i haven't finished it (dunno if it has ended anyway) but i just wanted to know what you guys thought of the manga. i might buy it. or just sit in b&n and read it and irritate the salespeople.

Yay, another fan! Yes, FMWS has climbed to the top of both my favorite anime and manga lists. XD The 52 episode anime is finished in Japan, and is now being released in America (volume two is out in September!), and the 7 volume manga is quite good, better than the anime, though there is a little more objectionable content in the manga (though it's nothing really shocking or anything). You can check that out in the manga reviews section, though. But if you can handle the things the review, then I definitely suggest you read it! It goes a lot further in character development, and it's just wonderful all around. :D Glad to see another fan! :thumb:

Anyways, how far are you in the anime? :D

Radical Dreamer

Postby Starfire1 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:00 am

thank you. i'll definitely check the manga out now. i'm on...hmm...episode 9 or 10 in the anime. kinda far back.
Only a dead thing goes with the stream. Only a living thing can go against it.

USSRGirl wrote:>.< No. Because I say it tastes of evil. And everyone is entitled to my opinion.

"It is impossible to end hatred with hatred"-Gandi

Adopted by Mega.EXE
Adopted: KhakiBlueSocks, ShadowChild
Starfire1

Postby PigtailsJazz » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:48 am

I am another fan....anxiously awaiting volume 7........
PigtailsJazz

Postby Riyo-Chan » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:50 pm

I watched the last episode of Full Moon at 12 a.m., cried my eyes out, quickly downloaded "New Future" (the last song that played) and spent the next 2 hours lying in bed crying off and on. :P :rock:
Rebirthing now, i wanna live for love wanna live for you and me. Breathe for the first time now. I come alive somehow.

My Site .:Alone In A Dream:.
Riyo-Chan

Postby Ashley » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:48 pm

All we need to do is get you a Mitsuki-av and you will be a full-fledged Full Moon fan, Riyo-Chan. :lol: Now try reading the manga--it's thoroughly enjoyable!
Ashley

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:00 pm

OH MAN! I BAWLED TOO!!!!

It was such a beatiful ending!!

I am now up to vol 4 of the manga, how many mangas will there be?
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:11 pm

ChristianRonin wrote:I am now up to vol 4 of the manga, how many mangas will there be?

There's 7 manga in all, so you're about half-way there. XD 7 won't be released until October, though. *has to get a job before then! o_o* Volume 4 is one of my favorite volumes, though! :thumb:

Radical Dreamer

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:03 am

*GRAVEDUG'D!*

*insert unintelligible fangirlish musings here*

I bought and read volume 7 yesterday.

akhgksdghaksghdg.

It was absolutely FANTASTIC!!!

The ending of the manga is officially better than the anime. XD I LOVED how everything worked out!!

[SPOILER=Volume 7]One of my favorite things about the ending (besides the final scene with Takuto and Mitsuki...*fangirls*) was the way they integrated Changin' My Life's songs into it! That was too cool! It went in depth so much more in the manga than the anime, too...seeing Meroko and Izumi made me *so* happy, as did Wakaouji and Ooshige, Madoka and Nachi, etc. I loved how you saw Eichi up in the sky at the end...That was GREAT!

Everything about it was so~o~o wonderful, though! And even though I still love the way the anime ends, the manga just brings so much more closure to the story. Though I must say, I do kind of miss Takuto's cool pony-tail...:lol: [/SPOILER]

Anyways, I absolutely LOVED it, and it remains on the top of my favorite anime/manga list. XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby Ashley » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:23 am

Oh man, 7's out already!? Gah, I did not know this.
Ashley

Postby Doubleshadow » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:44 am

Finished the series! Oh man, does anyone else feel like it was way too short? I need to get a hold of the first six volumes and reread it.

[SPOILER]
Why did Takuto have to be still alive? It bugs me when authors who had declared a character dead either write the story such as the character wasn't actually dead, or the resurrect them somehow. It seems like such a cheap way to write a story, a cop-out. [/SPOILER]
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:36 pm

Doubleshadow wrote:

[SPOILER]
Why did Takuto have to be still alive? It bugs me when authors who had declared a character dead either write the story such as the character wasn't actually dead, or the resurrect them somehow. It seems like such a cheap way to write a story, a cop-out. [/SPOILER]

[SPOILER] Why did Takuto have to be alive? Why did Takuto have to be alive?! XD Because otherwise, the story wouldn't have been happy! Man, if Takuto hadn't been alive, I would have been so sad! It's not a cop-out that Tak-kun was in a coma, I actually thought it was a good explanation of why he was a failure as a Shinigami. A lot of people say that when characters die or are ressurected, it's a cheap way to finish, but in all the anime I've seen, I thought it was carried out rather well (Cowboy Bebop *asdf cinematic gold*, Air, Full Moon, etc). The only anime I would think over-use the concept are anime like Sailor Moon and DBZ (even though I love both of those series. XD). Anyways, my two cents on the matter. Takuto should DEFINITELY be alive. :lol:[/SPOILER]

Ashley wrote:Oh man, 7's out already!? Gah, I did not know this.

Yeah, I was very surprised when my friend called me to tell me to get my butt over to Books-A-Million, because Full Moon vol. 7 was there. XD I had heard it would be out sometime in early October, but not this early. :thumb:

Radical Dreamer

Postby Ashley » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:04 pm

DS, do I smell an Eichi fangirl around these parts? :lol:
Ashley

Postby Doubleshadow » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:24 pm

Ashley wrote:DS, do I smell an Eichi fangirl around these parts? :lol:

[SPOILER]
I'll post my initial response to that without censoring myself: Nah, I'm glad he's dead, too. XD Wow, I sound so horrible! :sweat:

Radical Dreamer understood what I meant. I think characters are brought back from the dead far too frequently in just about any genre, it differs too much from real life for my tastes, and usually characters are brought back because the writer has failed creatively or artistically. In Tanemura's case, I'd wager it was the plan all along and agree it was to provide a happy ending. But, still, I prefer characters who have died to remain dead.
Mainly, I was hoping Mitsuki would learn to have a loving heart absent of a love interest. It didn't bother me much that Takuto had been in a coma because I could see the story planning in that revelation]
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Previous

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews