A Fairy Tale For You

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

A Fairy Tale For You

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:11 pm

Has anyone else heard of/read this manga? I know someone must have, because I remember reading a review about it here not long ago...XD

Anyways, after reading about it in the manga reviews section, I decided to give this adorable one-shot manga a try. I absolutely loved it! All three of the short stories were so cute, and I didn't feel like they were rushed at all! The artwork was lovely, the characters were lovable, and the translations were quite good for scans, I felt. So, what did those of you who have read this one-shot manga think? :D
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Ashley » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:15 am

I adored it too. Inkhana was the one to introduce me to it, and I was very grateful she did! The art took some getting used to (it's not my favorite style), but having just finished Penguin Brothers I was okay with it. I thought it was one of the cutest, sweetest mangas I've ever read, and just the right length, too, which is rare for me to find. I highly recommend it! RD, I don't think we have a manga review for it up...if we don't, I'd love to have you write one for us.

EDIT: Haha, I just checked and not only do we have a review, I'm the one that wrote it! Oops! XD
Ashley

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:22 am

I've read this one. Very cute, and very clean. I think I liked the first one shot the most, but they were all good.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:39 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:I've read this one. Very cute, and very clean. I think I liked the first one shot the most, but they were all good.

I agree, the first one was very cute. I think that, of the three of them, I liked the first two the best (simply because they were part of the same world, and had some sort of connection and continuation with each other), while the third one was totally separate from the first two. Still though, they were all very cute! :D
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews