Kenshin 28

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby Reba » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:11 pm

*Sits in a corner and creis* ITS OVER!!!!!! noo..it cant be... T.T.....not my fav comic it cant END! IT WILL LIVE FOREVER! XD T.T..

[SIZE="1"]A blue, black shade of love.

Sent from above.

[align=center]My hands are tied to worlds
alone,
And this I know.
Your breath's like wine,
And just like clouds, my skin crawls.
It's so divine, the sky it glows with fields of light.
Did you know that I love you?
Come and lay with me.
I love you.
And all this day, I will love you.
You make me feel alive,
and I'll love you
Until the end of time.[/SIZE][/align]
Reba

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:47 am

Alas, all good things must end. =_= I have been a huge fan of Kenshin for almost 5 years now...*le sigh* it was my first anime to love.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:14 pm

I, personally, wish that

[spoiler] Watsuki-sensei would make at least a short story about an older Kenji. He sounds like he'd be so much fun to watch. From what Watsuki-sensei wrote, it almost sounds like he'd be a bit like Hiko. Which would be hilarious, since Kenji would be the polar opposite of Kenshin's personality, yet look just like him [minus a scar]. I must draw this . . . maybe even Kenji with the white and red Hiten Mitsurugi cape. [/spoiler]

Now I just need to ~buy~ the 23 volumes I'm missing. >_< As well as Tsubasa, DNAngel, and Case Closed. I need a job . . . this "poor artist" [which could be taken more than one way ~ poor monetarily or in skill, which would both be accurate] stuff isn't cutting it.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Hitokiri » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:17 pm

I loved it. The Enishi fight was intense but lacked a bit in the starting.

[spoiler]The fight against the 4 Stars was pathetic though.[/spoiler]
Hitokiri

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:43 am

AW, it wasn't that bad... Well Saito makes everything cool XD
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:03 pm

FINALLY.

After months and months and months (and months) of waiting, I was FINALLY able to purchase (and read) the last two volumes of Rurouni Kenshin!! My thoughts on the final volume? I loved it.

[SPOILER]I thought it was very interesting that Enishi ended up in the fallen village along with his father. While I kind of wish Watsuki had elaborated a bit more on what happened past that, I was still happy with that little plot twist. XD I was quite happy with the ending, though, especially the part where Yahiko returned to the dojo. Did anyone else see Yutaro's name on the "Assistant" board, next to Yahiko's? :D I was hoping that Watsuki would bring him back at some point, and even though he wasn't shown in the story, he still found a way to put him in there. XD

Anyways, while I loved the ending, I wish it wasn't over! I do still have Yahiko no Sakabatou to look forward to, but still. Ruroken was my first manga (first anime, too, technically), and it'll always have that special place on my bookshelf. :) [/SPOILER]

I thought the little short story that Watsuki wrote was cute, and as for Buso Renkin...Well, if I do start collecting it (I kind of doubt I will; I've become more interested in shoujo series), I won't be able to read it without thinking of FullMetal Alchemist. XD Another series with homunculi as villians? Well, it might be good, but I doubt I'll start collecting (or reading) right away. :lol:
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby rii namuras » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:42 pm

(Random note: Yahiko no Sakabatou is to be in the next issue of Shounen Jump, the one coming out on August first. I am so loving how my library has a subscription. ^_^)
rii namuras

Postby Mave » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:44 am

OT: Based on my past observation, Buso Renkin has some images that bother me. Just thought you should know this before investing in it......

[spoiler=How disturbing a character could be] I'm not sure what's the deal with this butterfly mask "bad guy" running around almost naked, only wearing some tight underwear. Ack. I felt embarassed viewing that, along with some images that IMO seemed like tasteless sexual innuendos. I was pretty surprised that Watsuki's imagination extended to that level. But that's just an opinion of a huge RKenshin fan. [/spoiler] Meteor Strike, Gun Blaze West and anything RK-related are fine and decent though.
Mave

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:05 am

Ahh, I totally loved Meteor Strike!

And Watsuki! I pray you didn't trip and fall into the gutter.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:11 pm

ree namuras wrote:(Random note: Yahiko no Sakabatou is to be in the next issue of Shounen Jump, the one coming out on August first. I am so loving how my library has a subscription. ^_^)

Actually, though that issue is labeled August, it came out this month. I've had my copy for ten days. Overall, I wasn't terribly impressed with this follow up manga, though there was also nothing particularly wrong with it. But the normal ending was significantly better, in my mind.
uc pseudonym

Postby rii namuras » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:57 pm

(Oh, 'tis out already? In the issue past it said that it was to be out on August first. I guess that was when newstands'll get it, rather than subscribers?)
rii namuras

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:37 am

I am uncertain why the dates received vary so greatly from the listed dates, but I almost always receive the issues well before the date they are to arrive in news stands. This could well be because I am a subscriber, but I cannot vouch for that.
uc pseudonym

Postby rii namuras » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:25 pm

(Well, when I was a subscriber to Star Wars Insider (I'm not anymore because I haven't gotten around to renewing) I got my issues a good few weeks before it hit newstands, so I suppose the same would be so of Shounen Jump.)
rii namuras

Previous

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews