The network TV: anime schedule and schedule changes thread!

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:07 pm

Looks like time to switch back to watching Toon Disney at 11:00 if this schedule holds.
1:30 for INUYASHA,this shows just how INSANE that TPTB at AS have gotten when they demote their most popular anime series to the late,late,late time slot.I bet they rechange the schedule back to what it was after they get a lot of furious e-mails and phone calls from angry Inuyasha fans.
mitsuki lover

Postby freerock1 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:01 pm

Maybe this will in part make it up for you... per the AS advance schedule page, the 3rd Inuyasha movie is tentatively set to premiere Saturday, August 12.
Theme Scripture: Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. (Galatians 5:1)

And a verse for all us single folks: Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas? (1 Corinthians 9:5)

:dance: Looking for a GOOD music mix? Check out these stations:
Grey FM Heartland -- a mix of Country and Contemporary Christian music (Listen Now!)
Grey FM Downtown -- a mix of mainstream and Christian pop and rock music (Listen Now!)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Location: In your computer speakers, if you're listening to ChargeRadio.com

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:44 pm

No,not really since I already own the DVD of Inuyasha the Movie 3:Swords of an
Honorable Ruler and have already watched it twice.Why should I watch it on AS
knowing that they'll edit a lot of the stuff out of it?
mitsuki lover

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:30 pm

Another thing is that the more I add to my DVD collection the last likely I am to continue to watch AS after the Inuyasha series finale.There are shows that I can get on DVD that AS will never show no matter what,such as Fushigi Yugi,Pretear,
Scrapped Princess,Sakura Wars,etc.
When it comes down to it G4 really needs to get AU back up and going since for many of us with just basic cable it has always been the main alternative to AS.
mitsuki lover

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:49 pm

btw:The third movie is a lot more bloodier than the first two combined so expect a lot more editing.
mitsuki lover

Postby Sami_jane » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:03 am

heh ya i could see them editing that one a lot. but anyways i dunno if somone has already said this but IGPX has been added to the AS lineup. they decided to bump it out of the toonami and that starts next week i think.
Sami_jane

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:36 pm

Well actually it's only replacing Naruto reruns at the Midnight time slot on Fridays.
They said it was going to start the 21st and the 21st is a Friday.
mitsuki lover

Postby ashfire » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:09 pm

I am begining to think CN just can't leave anything alone.
Just when you are use to a great schedule they remove something and replace it with something else.
Futurama replaces Inuyasha on Sat night at 11 PM so you have to wait until 1:30 AM to see it.
Acourse Futurama will be getting new episodes come 2008 on Comedy Channel.
ashfire

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:25 pm

Why move IGPX? GRR!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Roy Mustang » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:37 pm

rocklobster wrote:Why move IGPX? GRR!

The way that I take it. Toonami is now going to air Friday and Sat night now.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:40 pm

So the experiment of having all-Friday Friday Nights failed?Though it does sound good to have Toonami back on Friday night as well meaning they can air more shows now.
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:50 pm

Cowboy Bebop has for right now been removed completely from the lineup. Super Milk-chan is back at 5:00am , followed by Cartoon Planet at 5:30.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby rocklobster » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:05 pm

OH no, they brought that monstrosity back? I thought ADV had forgiven them now.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby beau99 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:06 pm

rocklobster wrote:OH no, they brought that monstrosity back? I thought ADV had forgiven them now.

Milk-chan got huge ratings.
beau99

Postby Sami_jane » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:24 pm

i always thought it was a stupid show personally
Sami_jane

Postby freerock1 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:59 pm

ashfire wrote:I am begining to think CN just can't leave anything alone.
Just when you are use to a great schedule they remove something and replace it with something else.

To a large extent, I agree with you on this. For a long time on Saturday nights, it seemed like AS went through this cycle where immediately after a schedule change, ratings would tank. Then they would gradually start to rise, actually making it back to not-too-shabby levels. Then AS would change the schedule again, and ratings would tank.

As far as Futurama... (just my 2 cents]Milk-chan got huge ratings.[/QUOTE]
:eyebrow: I hope you're being facetious.
Theme Scripture: Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. (Galatians 5:1)

And a verse for all us single folks: Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas? (1 Corinthians 9:5)

Grey FM Heartland -- a mix of Country and Contemporary Christian music (Listen Now!)
Grey FM Downtown -- a mix of mainstream and Christian pop and rock music (Listen Now!)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:34 pm

My suggestions is that they simply give the anime section of AS to Toonami and separate it from the Comedy.It can't succeed trying to cater to both tastes,so the simple solution is to have the anime section become part of Toonami and simply make Saturday nights all Toonami nights.
mitsuki lover

Postby beau99 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:58 pm

freerock1 wrote:
:eyebrow: I hope you're being facetious.

Sadly, I'm not.
beau99

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:02 pm

My suggestion of merging the AS anime with Toonami is,I believe,one of the few logical steps that can be taken to preserve the integrity of anime on CN.What needs to be done is to keep the anime entirely seperate in every way from the comedy and this is one way of doing so.Another way would be to block out certain nights so that they would be entirely devoted to anime.Also theme nights,for example one night would be devoted to shojo and another to mecha,etc.But in the end as long as the current administration is in power and in charge of AS,I quite frankly do not have much hope of it surviving past the Inuyasha series finale.
mitsuki lover

Postby lj1958 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:38 am

mitsuki lover,

Is it that bad? Has there been anything the AS management has said that led you to believe they're considering giving up anime?

I used to participate on the AS boards, but that was a while ago, so I don't know what posters are saying over there.
lj1958

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:14 am

lj1958 wrote:Has there been anything the AS management has said that led you to believe they're considering giving up anime?

No, I think anime will be here to stay, but I don't think you will see as much. Anime on AS just doesn't hold water like it use to.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:35 pm

Which is why I think they need to segregate the anime from the comedy and have it on seperate days entirely.One idea would be to have Mon.,Wed. and Sun. for
comedy and Tue.,Th. and Sat. for anime.Of course since this makes too much logical sense they'll never do it.Friday would be left for Toonami and Fridays.
Also Sat.would be part Toonami part adult anime.
Let's face it the problem is not with the ratings but the fact that they have tried to
yoke two very opposite fandoms together and it has not worked which is why they need to either segregate anime from comedy altogether or else have it merged with Toonami.In the end Toonami is the only logical place to put the anime.
mitsuki lover

Postby freerock1 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:10 am

Wingzero22 wrote:No, I think anime will be here to stay.

I agree. And really, it's not just the anime that's been slumping; AS comedy has slipped a bit in the ratings as well. That said, AS is still one of the most-watched channels on cable television in its timeslot and target audience, even with its struggles at times. Likely their thinking is, why change the structure of the block when, despite a few speed bumps, it's for the most part been relatively successful?

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:34 pm

We shall see but I still predict that unless there is a radical change in direction something is going to have to give sooner or later.To paraphase Lincoln,either AS will have to become all Comedy or all Anime,it cannot long exist with the unequal yoking of the two together like that.
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:36 pm

Crayon Shin-chan will receive a test run on Adult Swim in August.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:51 pm

I read about it as I was lurking at the AU forum today.It doesn't sound too appealing as those who saw it said that it was rather mixed,some really boring type episodes and some really hilarious ones.It's basically a bit like Super Milk-chan from what I have read.

When's AS going to wake up and get something like Fushigi Yugi or Full Metal Panic?
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:59 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:When's AS going to wake up and get something like Fushigi Yugi or Full Metal Panic?

I think Escaflowne would be the best test run for shows like Fushigi Yugi. We will have to wait and see if CN will buy the rights to the show or not now.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:00 pm

Wingzero22 wrote:I think Escaflowne would be the best test run for shows like Fushigi Yugi. We will have to wait and see if CN will buy the rights to the show or not now.

Wingzero22

They did show the Escaflowne movie once, so showing the series would make sense...I hope they do someday, because I've never seen it (the series)! :O
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:03 pm

I was about to put an edit in my post.

But here is what I mean by that.

San Diego Comic-Con: Bandai's panel

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby freerock1 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:00 pm

I don't recall it being mentioned, but beginning tonight on AS, we've got us a new anime schedule:

12:30 Varied programs (Mon-Venture Bros., Tues-Inuyasha (premieres), Wed-GitS, Thur-FMA)
1:00 s-CRY-ed
1:30 Big O
3:30-5:30 repeats
5:30 Gigantor

More real stuff...
freerock1

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews