Review Requests

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby CDLviking » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:22 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:If the Rahxephon review isn't yours, then you can't revise it. Precedent indicates the best way to change things would be to find the thread for that review in this forum and bring up exactly what you feel was left out. That way people can see in the thread, and perhaps there will even be changes to the official review, if there is general agreement.

I know that there are links to the review in the thread, but perhaps there should be links from the review to the thread as well, so that those looking into a certain anime could more easily look in on the discussion.
CDLviking

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:36 pm

That has been suggested before, and I think it is a good idea, but I'm not sure what the response was previously. In any case, it hasn't been implemented as of yet. Meanwhile, I would invite everyone to use the variety of selective search options available to them.
uc pseudonym

Postby rocklobster » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:19 am

could someone here pm me if they've seen Saikano? I want to know if it's any good
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Gypsy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:07 am

I had a mountain of PMs (oh, stop giggling already) waiting for me when I signed back on CAA (internet problems, weird work schedule, and saving the world were just some of the reasons for my recent absence). No one has lost a review, they are all still in there. Yep, it's been forever, but what the heck else is new?

I'd also like to mention that Osaka is my hero for helping out with review editing and submissions. I won't leave you hanging for much longer, honest! ^^;
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Ashley » Tue May 09, 2006 7:29 pm

Put me down for Fushigi Yugi the tv series (if there's a movie, I'll be happy to track that down, too...) I looked in the pending reviews and didn't see anything, but if by some oddball chance of fate I'm stepping on someone's toes, just tell me. But it WAS listed as requested, so...just doing my civic service. ^^
Ashley

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed May 10, 2006 8:29 am

[quote="Gypsy"]
I'd also like to mention that Osaka is my hero for helping out with review editing and submissions. I won't leave you hanging for much longer, honest! ^^]

Oh, girl, ain't no problem. ;) Anyways, I owe everybody who's submitted a big apology for how few reviews I've moved since I started helping. For real guys, next week, my first week of summer, those review are gonna have a change in location. For real, we will clean out the database* and get those reviews approved.

*All promises made by Osaka are subject to retraction at anytime.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Thu May 18, 2006 3:15 pm

The list at the beginning of the thread say 2005. So I'm assuming it's not up to date? I noticed that Ai Yori Aoshi isn't in the review database, and I will be watching it again in it's entirety soon, but I don't want to 'steal' it.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Gypsy » Wed May 31, 2006 7:37 pm

No, the list is no longer up to date, sorry. For anyone who is interested, I wrote up a "how to" on submitting reviews. It's long, so I don't actually expect anyone to read it.
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby SP1 » Wed May 31, 2006 7:57 pm

Gypsy wrote:No, the list is no longer up to date, sorry. For anyone who is interested, I wrote up a "how to" on submitting reviews. It's long, so I don't actually expect anyone to read it.

I read it all! Of course I occassionally hear that I am "not like other people."
"Those who believe will be saved...so they say. Get it?"
Sister Rosette Christopher

Sorry ladies, already married to HitomiYuriko , but it took both our efforts to come up with daughter Althaia

Please use the Haibane Renmei Lesson Plan

MOES: Can't scroll this.
SP1

Postby Kisa » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:06 pm

edit: whoops posted in wrong forum.... >< meant to do this in manga reviews.....
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Nozomi » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:02 am

*from one who did not take the time to read this 46-page thread entirely*: Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, please... I'd try to do it myself, but I'm a newbie here....
There is always hope in the Lord for those who seek it.
Live each day as if it were your first, not your last.
Nozomi

Postby Ashley » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:15 am

I forgot to state my intentions for writing a Mermaid Melody Pitchi Pitchi Pitch and MMPP Pure review (I'm almost done with the series, and the OVA is only 6 eps).
Ashley

Postby Puritan » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:29 pm

Hmm, I noticed that there was no review up for RahXephon: Pluralitas Concentio and that Hitokiri had offered to do a review back in December, was anything ever done on that? If he's not intending on doing it I'd be happy to work on one over the weekend (it is only a movie, so I should be able to write a review of it reasonably quickly). Plus I'd be happy to work on a review for Banner of the Stars (and Banner of the Stars II later on) as it appears the series has been requested but not reviewed.
"...cease not a day from this work; be killing sin or it will be killing you." - John Owen The Mortification of Sin
Puritan

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:00 pm

There isn't a review pending for either of those series, though I can't speak for Hitokiri.
uc pseudonym

Postby Puritan » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:01 pm

I'll PM him then, thanks.
"...cease not a day from this work; be killing sin or it will be killing you." - John Owen The Mortification of Sin
Puritan

Postby Hitokiri » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:58 pm

I guess time slipped past haha.

I won't mind at all! I have some sextra time so I write it up right now! Thanks for PM'ing me Puritan!
Hitokiri

Postby rocklobster » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:02 am

I am no longer going to review Gundam Seed Destiny as I am unable to finish it. Anyone else is welcome to it.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Gypsy » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:18 pm

Ok ... all submitted reviews should be up now. If not, then you should have gotten a PM from me explaining why. Sorry that I let them pile up like that, and I'll do my best not to let it happen again.

As for the list at the beginning of this thread, I'm officially zapping it. It's so out of date it's not worth salvaging. I'll make another one soon, but ... not today. -_-

Thanks, Osaka, for all the behind the scenes work you did on editing reviews! I saw traces of you while I was editing and it made my job a lot faster. ^^
Gypsy

Postby CDLviking » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:13 pm

Well, I've finally done the R.O.D. review that I promised over a year ago. Sorry for the delay everyone.
CDLviking

Postby Kumagoro » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:34 pm

I'd like to write a review for Loveless.
Kumagoro

Postby rocklobster » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:30 pm

Just to let everyone know, I have started Saikano. I'll review it as soon as I watch the whole thing.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:03 pm

Ah, scratch that. The whole thing's been removed. Drat!!!!

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:55 am

I'll be getting a review of Elfen Lied pretty quickly here. I am starting it today.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby gogogoh3 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:15 pm

noooooo, don't start it, it terrible, in my eyes I couldn't even stand the first 5 min of the eps.
gogogoh3

Postby Kumagoro » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:05 pm

noooooo, don't start it, it terrible, in my eyes I couldn't even stand the first 5 min of the eps.

Elfen Lied is a fantastic series. It’s one of the best anime series in recent years. Sure, it's horrendously bloody and violent, but don't judge whether a series is "good" or "bad" entirely on its objective content. Seeing as you only saw the first five minutes of the first episode, you’ve probably only encountered the graphic nudity in the opening animation sequence and Lucy running around naked exploding people’s heads. It's not all blood and guts and naked girls; there's a story there (and it's quite a good one) too, you know.
Kumagoro

Postby gogogoh3 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:23 pm

well, the thing is I have the full 13 eps series but I can't just stand the violence and gor. there are other anime else with better story and less gor that that anime. I won't argue because I haven't see the whole thing but from by exp. I just sense it was just too much for me =)
I am an "ANIME FREAK"=)
gogogoh3

Postby kaji » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:33 am

I think you summed it up for me as well. If there is graphic nudity and gore in the first few min, I dont really care how good the story is.

There isnt really anything objective about it. By watching a show like that you are not only letting needless crud into your heart and mind, but you are supporting a system that promotes those things.

Excuse the cheasy saying, but in more ways then one, 'you are what you eat' (or ingest).

Anyway, I wanted to ask if anyone was doing a review for Major yet? I just finished the first season and wanted to write somthing up. I realize that there is already a second season (which I have not seen) but the first was pretty much an entire story in its self and the second season takes place much later in the main characters life (where different situations or content might warrent a different rating).

So... Let me know what you think. ^_^
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby CDLviking » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:30 am

The key is for each person to know their limits, but also to be aware of the limits of others. Simply because you are able to tolerate something doesn't mean that others will give it the same leeway you do. Conversely, if something bothers you, that doesn't automaticly make it the most offensive show on the air and scourge of Christians everywhere.
CDLviking

Postby kaji » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:11 am

Conversely, if something bothers you, that doesn't automaticly make it the most offensive show on the air and scourge of Christians everywhere.
True, but why wait untill somthing is unbearabley offensive before you restrict you self? The worlds standard of what is offensive should not nessisarily be the same as the Bibles. Just because you may see lots of things that are worse does not automatically make this ok.

My point is that we cannot deny that our choices in areas like this have a farther reaching effect then our own spiritual lives. By buying, watching, or even just downloading somthing like this, you are promoting it. Your choices have a dirrect impact on the people who make the stuff down to the person whom this may cause to sin, reguardless of your own intentions.

Sorry, I guess this is all off topic. :sweat:
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby CDLviking » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:51 pm

My point is that there is no such thing as a "standard" of what is and is not offensive, worldly or biblical. There are standards on what is right and wrong, but not on how much of the portrayal of those things is tolerated.
CDLviking

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews