Headbangers United.

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Postby Inferno » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:57 am

Lol I just hope it's what people are saying because like I said before I was disappointed mainly by the melow (compared to their older stuff) nature of their new CD. I'm betting they got tons of complaints from their fans about it.

On a different topic does anyone here like the band "As I You"? A friend of mine (Knives the starter of this thread in fact) Went to a concert bought their CD and I listened to I and I thought this is awesome! You can hear it on Itunes I think let me check..... Well yeah It's on Itunes check them out. They don't exactly reinvent the wheel but they still make me headband! :rock:
"rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

METAL!!! :rock:

Member of headbangers united! \m/ >,< \m/

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby That Dude » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:12 pm

Yeah as far as Underoath I like their old stuff a lot...Except for their CD right before Chasing Safety...For some reason I can't remember the name of it at all.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Knives » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:50 am

Inferno wrote:Lol I just hope it's what people are saying because like I said before I was disappointed mainly by the melow (compared to their older stuff) nature of their new CD. I'm betting they got tons of complaints from their fans about it.

On a different topic does anyone here like the band "As I You"? A friend of mine (Knives the starter of this thread in fact) Went to a concert bought their CD and I listened to I and I thought this is awesome! You can hear it on Itunes I think let me check..... Well yeah It's on Itunes check them out. They don't exactly reinvent the wheel but they still make me headband! :rock:

Yah, As I You, Is pretty cool, but not really original! Still, theyre worth listening to.
CANT WAIT FOR NEW UNDEROATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I just thought of something, lets list all of the metal bands with girl singers/screamers, because girls that are in metal bands are awesome!
Still Breathing
Flyleaf (not exactly metal)
Knives

Postby Inferno » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:24 am

Rock on flyleaf! I mean how often do you get to hear a chick scream? Not very. I think still breathing is the only other one I know of.

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby Eric » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:06 pm

Inferno wrote:Rock on flyleaf! I mean how often do you get to hear a chick scream? Not very. I think still breathing is the only other one I know of.

Bloodlined Calligraphy
Venia
Eric

Postby Hitokiri » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:49 pm

I am not a big fan of girl screamers (like BLC). I enjoy the goth female vocals such as Tristania, Sirenia, and Draconian.
Hitokiri

Postby Arnobius » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:33 pm

Female singer bands

Well I like Elis, Epica, Nightwish (can't believe they booted their lead singer... she was what I liked about it), Cruachan, Leaves Eyes, Midnatsol and Within Temptation

Lacuna Coil is OK, Benedictum is mediocre

and those are all I have been exposed to
Arnobius

Postby Scarecrow » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:25 am

AnimeHeretic wrote:Female singer bands

Well I like Elis, Epica, Nightwish (can't believe they booted their lead singer... she was what I liked about it), Cruachan, Leaves Eyes, Midnatsol and Within Temptation

OMG I KNOW!! Tarja was the best thing about Nightwish. I honestly don't see how they will be any good without her. So she was a little self absorbed with herself... with that kind of talent I think you can afford to be :P

I do hope they find someone who is "almost" as good but I really don't think its gonna happen :( Shame cause I really liked them. (Although the lead singer of EdenBridge is pretty similar to Tarja so if she went over to Nightwish, I could live with that. BTW if you haven't checked out EdenBridge, Id give them a listen. They're pretty decent and a bit similar to Nightwish... though I'm not that big of a fan of their newest album but their other stuff I like)
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Eric » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:47 pm

AnimeHeretic wrote:Female singer bands

Amaran
Eric

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:04 pm

Flee the seen is also a very good female fronted band (they also have a guy singer)
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby RobinSena » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:17 pm

GrubbTheFragger wrote:Flee the seen is also a very good female fronted band (they also have a guy singer)

Yeah, they're pretty cool..
RobinSena

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:18 pm

Flee the seen through a awesome live show when i saw them last Sat
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Inferno » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:37 am

So does anyone here like Nu metal? (Slipknot, system of a down ect.) I didn't know if it had already been discussed or not so I just thought I'd ask. I personally love slipknot and I don't know why people don't think they're musically talented. They have an insane drummer who uses a 13-14 piece drum set and has been known to play the drums upside down. They can sing cory actually has a wide vocal range and the guitars and bass are amazing! That's just my personal opinion. And their new CD has 8 cuss words, which include several uses of God's name in vain. It didn't get a parental advisory. Well That's the most you'll prob every here from me lol.

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby Hitokiri » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:01 am

I can't stand most nu-metal. Talent, maybe but they don't use the talent well (i.e. Slipknot - there music makes my stomach cringe).
Hitokiri

Postby Eric » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:18 pm

I don't like nu-metal at all. It's way too boring, repetitive and predictable for me.

As for Slipknot, Cory's voice is pretty bad, especially when he tries to scream. The bass might as well not even exist since you can't hardly hear it (it's not even worth hearing anyways). The guitars are mediocre. Joey is the most talented person in the band, but that's not saying much; he relies far too much on fast double bass and simple fills, and there's a lot more to drumming than that. The other four people are totally unnecessary and don't really add much to the music at all. Oh yeah, their masks are pretty stupid-looking too.
Eric

Postby Knives » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:50 am

I like slipknot...I think they have a great drummer, and a good singer/screamer! I also do not understand why Slipknot and all of nu metal for that matter is looked down upon so much!
Knives

Postby Eric » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:22 pm

That's because nu-metal will never be even half as good as real metal. Nu-metal is like diet soda; it's not nearly as tasty as regular soda, and it leaves a bad taste in your mouth--well, at least to those of us who know what regular soda tastes like.
Eric

Postby Hitokiri » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:53 pm

Nu-metal just doesn't excite or impress me as much. I personally like to listen to bands that do some different - like throwing saxophones into black metal, etc. Unless my ears are not mistaken, slipknot or anyother nu-metal likes to stay inside the safe zone.
Hitokiri

Postby Knives » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:33 am

[quote="Eric"]That's because nu-metal will never be even half as good as real metal. Nu-metal is like diet soda]
Heh, but some people like diet soda better than regular soda...personally, I think nu-metal is just as good as "real" metal, and I consider it to be "real" metal, if such a thing even exists.
Knives

Postby Knives » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:26 am

Hey, does anyone like Symphony X? I have gotten into them lately, after I heard the Odyssey in a friends car. Good prog metal!
Knives

Postby That Dude » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:50 pm

So Hitokiri what do you think of Blindside's newer stuff? They could definately be considered nu-metal but they aren't afriad of doing original stuff on it.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Arnobius » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:25 pm

Knives wrote:Hey, does anyone like Symphony X? I have gotten into them lately, after I heard the Odyssey in a friends car. Good prog metal!

I have the Odyssey. I was kind of "meh" about it. Not the worst I've heard but I've heard better IMO
Arnobius

Postby Knives » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:21 pm

AnimeHeretic wrote:I have the Odyssey. I was kind of "meh" about it. Not the worst I've heard but I've heard better IMO

So what do you think is better than the Odyssey? Iced Earth? Dream Theater? Kamelot??? Or is it not any of those :D
Knives

Postby Hitokiri » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:21 pm

That Dude wrote:So Hitokiri what do you think of Blindside's newer stuff? They could definately be considered nu-metal but they aren't afriad of doing original stuff on it.

Actually Blindside is mostly hardcore/post-hardcore save for thier earliest stuff which may considered hard nu-metal. Anyways, I like it.
Hitokiri

Postby Arnobius » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:31 pm

Knives wrote:So what do you think is better than the Odyssey? Iced Earth? Dream Theater? Kamelot??? Or is it not any of those :D

I don't care for them... though I thought Iced Earth did a good bit with Gettysburg 1863.

I'm more of a Power Metal person myself. Bands like Thy Majestie, Rhapsody Blind Guardian, etc. would be what I liked
Arnobius

Postby Scarecrow » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:11 am

Isn't Kamelot concidered power metal? I dunno I think they're pretty decent though I have to admit I havent heard a whole lot of their stuff. I like that one song they do with Simone from Epica. The Haunting (or something like that).
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Knives » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:16 am

AnimeHeretic wrote:I don't care for them... though I thought Iced Earth did a good bit with Gettysburg 1863.

I'm more of a Power Metal person myself. Bands like Thy Majestie, Rhapsody Blind Guardian, etc. would be what I liked

Oh. Blind Guardian seems pretty good to me. I have heard a few of their songs and I think there singer has a cool voice...and theyre german, which makes them automatically cool!
Knives

Postby That Dude » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:00 pm

Is anybody here aside from Hitokiri and I a fan of Saviour Machine?
That Dude

Postby Eric » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:01 am

That Dude wrote:Is anybody here aside from Hitokiri and I a fan of Saviour Machine?

I have their dvd, the cassette of their first cd, and the Rarities/Revelations four-disc set (strictly limited to 500 signed copies).
Eric

Postby That Dude » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:43 am

That's cool...My older brother has all three Legend cd's and Rarities And Revelations as well. What is the DVD like? I've never seen it.
That Dude

Previous Next

Return to Jam Session