Yotsuba&!

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Yotsuba&!

Postby Linksquest » Mon May 29, 2006 7:33 pm

OK, I know there were threads made a while back about Yotsuba&!, but those were only volume specific, and there wasn't a thread about the first volume anyway... <_<

Anyway, I read the first volume today and I must say that I have caught the Yostuba fever! She is sooo adorable, and the situations she keeps getting into are hilarious. I love all of the characters. I was having laugh attacks at almost every page!

Talk about all volumes and other things here about the series. I hope it becomes an Anime. That would be awesome!

Ok, and I have question: when will volume 4, if ever, be released?

I also didn't want to gravedig, but here are the links to the threads to volumes 2 and 3:
VOLUME 2 Thread
VOLUME 3 Thread
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby termyt » Tue May 30, 2006 8:58 am

To my knowledge, ADV has not announced any release dates for volumes four and five. It seems to me that ADV is backing away from the manga side of the business. They aren't doing all that well at acquiring new anime, either.

At the ADV panel at last year's Cleveland Colossal Con, the ADV gal said that they believed that licensing had become too expensive and they were waiting for the prices to come back down. Not a good business decision, IMHO.

A little off-topic, I suppose. It appears that even I am given to spreading rumors, now and again. Hopefully, if ADV doesn't do anything with Yotsuba, someone else will be able to.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Linksquest » Tue May 30, 2006 12:04 pm

Thanks for the info, termyt!

The most annoying thing is that at the end of the third volume they said "To be continued..." If ADV does not actually intend on acquiring 4 and 5... then they have dropped down by miles in my book. They will have basically lied.
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews