The network TV: anime schedule and schedule changes thread!

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon May 08, 2006 1:11 pm

I wonder if this mysterious new anime premiering after Bleach is the mythical subtitled one that they said they were going to air previously.
mitsuki lover

Postby freerock1 » Mon May 08, 2006 9:37 pm

My understanding was that the sub project was scrapped. But you never know... it wouldn't be the first time they've turned about-face on something.

Also, some semi-news from the G4 front... Their late night (12-1AM) block has been revamped and repackaged. It's now known as the "Midnight Spank." Most of the old Barbed Wire Biscuit shows still remain in some form.

Unfortunately, still no word on the return of Anime Unleashed. :(
Theme Scripture: Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. (Galatians 5:1)

And a verse for all us single folks: Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas? (1 Corinthians 9:5)

:dance: Looking for a GOOD music mix? Check out these stations:
Grey FM Heartland -- a mix of Country and Contemporary Christian music (Listen Now!)
Grey FM Downtown -- a mix of mainstream and Christian pop and rock music (Listen Now!)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Location: In your computer speakers, if you're listening to ChargeRadio.com

Postby Sami_jane » Tue May 09, 2006 5:30 am

so have they put the anime in the "midnight spank" (thats a stupid name btw) or are they keeping it for anime unleashed?
Sami_jane

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue May 09, 2006 11:44 am

We probably won't know much about AU until they're done with E3 coverage this month.I would think that with the coverage of the big videogame expo that G4 wouldn't have time to be concentrating on the rest of it's scheduling so much.But you never know.
Most of what I have read while lurking at the AU forum seems to suggest that they are still looking for shows that would fit the new format that G4 has.I.e. cut to a certain length to accomodate the new commercial timing,etc.
Also it appears that G4 has run out of the licenses of the older series which means they need newer ones to go with RahXephon,etc.
mitsuki lover

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat May 13, 2006 11:46 am

Pokemon returns to Cartoon Network on Monday and will be part of Miguzi airing
Mon.-Fri. at 5:00 p.m.
mitsuki lover

Postby freerock1 » Tue May 16, 2006 8:48 am

To my knowledge G4 still hasn't said much about the future of Anime Unleashed. I noticed this past Friday night in AU's old slot that they were airing some crude variety show hosted by a sock puppet, and a rerun of Cheaters. :shake: Here lately when I need a Friday night anime jolt, I've been watching the Eureka 7 and GitS premieres on the AS Fix a night early. ;)

And speaking of AS, a couple upcoming schedule changes...

- Korgoth of Barbaria premieres on Saturday, June 3 at 12:30 ET/PT, with a repeat Sunday night at 10:30. It's Adult Swim's first attempt at original action. I don't know much about it, though from what I've read it sounds like it's supposed to be legitimate action instead of the typical Williams Street comedy. My understanding was that originally it was in part the brain child of Genndy Tartakovsky (of Samurai Jack, Clone Wars and Dexter's Lab fame), though he doesn't seem to be directly involved with the project at this point.
- On June 5, Paranoia Agent returns to the schedule in a 1:30 ET/PT weeknight slot.
Theme Scripture: Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. (Galatians 5:1)

And a verse for all us single folks: Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas? (1 Corinthians 9:5)

Grey FM Heartland -- a mix of Country and Contemporary Christian music (Listen Now!)
Grey FM Downtown -- a mix of mainstream and Christian pop and rock music (Listen Now!)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Tue May 16, 2006 10:56 am

mitsuki lover wrote:Pokemon returns to Cartoon Network on Monday and will be part of Miguzi airing
Mon.-Fri. at 5:00 p.m.

I wonder why Cartoon Network ever STOPPED showing Pokemon? I remember they used to show it every afternoon, but they stopped pretty abruptly. Quite odd...
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue May 16, 2006 11:47 am

This is the 4kids version with Veronica Taylor as Ash,Eric Stuart as Brock,Rachel
Lillis as Misty/Jesse,etc.that was running on KidsWB,just in case people were wondering which dub I'm talking about.There were only 2 changes in the Miguzi
line up:Kids Next Door replacing Code Lyoko at 4:00 and Pokemon replacing
Yu-Gi-Oh!GX at 5:00.Meanwhile Zatch Bell and Totally Spies remain in their places at 4:30 and 5:30 respectively.
mitsuki lover

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed May 17, 2006 12:19 pm

Although it's not anime I would like to add that Toon Disney is going to air Season 2 of their entry into the Magic Girl genre W.I.T.C.H. starting Monday June 5.
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat May 20, 2006 1:39 am

mitsuki lover wrote:I don't know if they still have the rights to Outlaw Star it has been a long time since they aired it last.

Yeah, they don't have the rights to Outlaw Star, Tenchi, and Pilot Candidate (which was never really finish in Japan).

CN somewhat has the rights to Gundam, but I'm not sure which ones now.

Cartoon Network representatives have been quoted on saying that Gundam anime hasn't been successful on American TV in five years now.

There was a write up at animenation in the Ask John a question and it was about Gundam.

I will quote it from what it said.

Ask John

Will Bandai Continue Releasing Gundam Without Cartoon Network Broadcast Support?

May 18th, 2006

Question:

On the recent suggestion by Cartoon Network that it might stop broadcasting Gundam anime due to low ratings, could it be possible that Bandai might not release the Gundam series that are not here yet? Since almost every Gundam show had time on CN, is there enough of a fanbase already for them to keep investing the capital needed to bring these shows here?
Answer:

I don't know what Bandai's plans are, nor do I know exactly how successful the Gundam franchise has been on American DVD. I suspect that the Cartoon Network's interest in Gundam anime will not deter Bandai from releasing Gundam anime on American home video in the future. Bandai Entertainment first brought Gundam anime to America in 1998, two years before any Gundam was broadcast on the Cartoon Network. Bandai has also released the Zeta Gundam and Gundam Seed Destiny series on American DVD even though they have never been broadcast on American television. Gundam is Bandai's flagship anime franchise. I think that they'll support the series in America on principle alone, if necessary. Bandai not marketing Gundam would be like Disney not pushing Mickey Mouse.

Based on the recent interview with Cartoon Network representatives Sean Akins and Jason DeMarco, Gundam anime hasn't been successful on American TV in five years, but despite decreasing viewer ratings, Bandai Entertainment has continued to market and distribute Gundam anime on American DVD. I expect that policy to continue. I'm sure that Bandai has welcomed and benefited from the Cartoon Network broadcasts, but I don't think that losing that support will cause Bandai to give up on the Gundam franchise in America. I think that Bandai will continue to license and release new Gundam series in America regardless of whether or not the new series receive American TV broadcast.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat May 20, 2006 11:50 am

Well removing Gundam Seed from the late night Friday line up to the no-man's land of early morning probably didn't help much with Gundam ratings on CN any.
I wonder how much of that was just CN trying to come up with a reason for not airing any more Gundman series,e.g.Gundam Seed Destiny.
It's too bad that AU has that rule of not airing any cast offs from other networks
like Outlaw Star.Shows like that would have been a perfect match for the original
AU.So now the only way of seeing them is to save money and buy the DVD.
mitsuki lover

Postby rocklobster » Sun May 21, 2006 4:59 am

They probably thought the shows would be too old.
But remember folks, just because it's old, doesn't mean it sucks.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun May 21, 2006 1:10 pm

No,I think it's a general rule they have of not airing anything that has appeared on any other network that isn't premium paid for view.
Oh,and Pokemon fans(if any others out there)June 3 Toonami will be replacing
Dual Masters with Pokemon Chronicles.I don't think this is the one that everyone was talking about where they replaced the VAs as from the commercials it's clear that it's an entirely new set of characters from the original series.No Ash or Pickachu in it.
mitsuki lover

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue May 23, 2006 11:52 am

According to Anime News Network Pokemon Chronicles tells untold stories of the
Pokemon and their Trainers when Ash isn't around,it also tells more about Team Rocket,etc.
mitsuki lover

Postby Snow White » Wed May 24, 2006 1:07 pm

What ever happened to a "NORMAL" schedule? they change it every month to different times and days(Cartoon Network)! I hate when things are different every hour of every day. But *la sigh* everything happens for a reason. Whatever it works out nicely I suppose.
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, becuase you know that the testing of your faith develops perserance. Perserverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete." ~ James 1:2-4 :eyebrow:
Ri-ght, so when I am being made fun of, cursed out, alienated, and broken hearted...I must be doing something right for the devil to attack me so! :rock:
Snow White

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu May 25, 2006 12:18 pm

Yeah,this is one of the reasons why I am more and more getting into DVD collecting as one can never rely on the tv schedule all the time.
mitsuki lover

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Thu May 25, 2006 12:46 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:Yeah,this is one of the reasons why I am more and more getting into DVD collecting as one can never rely on the tv schedule all the time.

Same here. I'm starting to set aside money for my own anime budget, and my DVD collection is filling in nicely. I found 4 volumes of Tenchi Muyo GXP for just under $25, and I picked up NGE episodes 1-4 for about $6! Plus, I also get NewType Magazine every month, and that comes with a DVD, so that's saving a lot of money too!

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

KhakiBlueSocks

Postby freerock1 » Fri May 26, 2006 1:50 pm

Adult Swim makes a change to their change...

Saturday, June 3 is apparently sneak peak night for Korgoth rather than the beginning of a weekly series. Also on that night, AS begins repeats of the 1st season of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Eureka Seven gets a huge bump downward.

The rundown (per AS.com):

June 3
11:00 Inuyasha
11:30 FMA
12:00 GitS
12:30 Korgoth
1:00 Champloo
1:30 Eureka 7
2-5 repeats
5:00 Chuck Norris
5:30 Mr. T

Beginning June 10
11:00 Inuyasha
11:30 FMA
12:00 GitS
12:30 Champloo
1:00 Bebop
1:30 Eureka 7
2-5 repeats
5:00 Chuck Norris
5:30 Mr. T

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri May 26, 2006 5:43 pm

So what's Korgoth?
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri May 26, 2006 8:32 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:So what's Korgoth?

A show created by Aaron Springer, the storyboard artist on Spongebob Squarepants and is described as a parody of Conan the Barbarian.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue May 30, 2006 12:01 pm

It looks like they're trying to kill Eureka 7 before it even has a chance by moving it down to the late late time.
Hmmm...probably will end up buying the DVD one of these days.
mitsuki lover

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Tue May 30, 2006 12:18 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:It looks like they're trying to kill Eureka 7 before it even has a chance by moving it down to the late late time.

Why are they trying to get rid of it? I mean, it's a pretty good anime. Are the ratings low on it or something?

KhakiBlueSocks

Postby freerock1 » Tue May 30, 2006 12:40 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:So what's Korgoth?

I posted this a few days ago with the previously-announced schedule update, so it might have been overlooked. ]It's Adult Swim's first attempt at original action. I don't know much about it, though from what I've read it sounds like it's supposed to be legitimate action instead of the typical Williams Street comedy. My understanding was that originally it was in part the brain child of Genndy Tartakovsky (of Samurai Jack, Clone Wars and Dexter's Lab fame), though he doesn't seem to be directly involved with the project at this point.[/QUOTE]

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:Why are they trying to get rid of it? I mean, it's a pretty good anime. Are the ratings low on it or something?

We don't know for sure that they're trying to get rid of it. But it doesn't look good.

For the 18-34 age group that Adult Swim targets, the ratings haven't been great. Of course none of their Saturday night ratings have been all that great lately.

It seems like they would want to possibly try it in a weeknight slot before kicking it to the back. Though the optimist in me wants to think that maybe it's in part a move to possibly get some more attention for the Friday night premieres on AS Fix (which is typically where I watch it these days anyway).

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby Rogie » Tue May 30, 2006 2:20 pm

I personally couldn't give Eureka 7 more than a two-episode chance. In fact, I didn't even make it through ep. 2. I just wasn't in the mood for a show like that right now, and the voice acting was rather poor. I'm thinking that a lot of people are viewing that way and have decided to quit before it got started.
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue May 30, 2006 2:31 pm

Rogie wrote:I personally couldn't give Eureka 7 more than a two-episode chance. In fact, I didn't even make it through ep. 2. I just wasn't in the mood for a show like that right now, and the voice acting was rather poor. I'm thinking that a lot of people are viewing that way and have decided to quit before it got started.

Hmm, I agree with you on most of it. I didn't have too much of a problem with the dub voices, but I just didn't care for the storyline and only saw three eps and that was it.

I don't know. I just look like Gundam Seed meets, FLCL, Last Exile, EVA with stakeboard kid park!

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Tue May 30, 2006 2:52 pm

Wingzero22 wrote:Hmm, I agree with you on most of it. I didn't have too much of a problem with the dub voices, but I just didn't care for the storyline and only saw three eps and that was it.

I don't know. I just look like Gundam Seed meets, FLCL, Last Exile, EVA with stakeboard kid park!

Wingzero22

Well, seeing as though I never saw Last Exile, I really couldn't stand Gundam Seed, and I have absolutely no interest in skateboarding, It's no wonder I haven't really gelled with this anime. I mean, I love the FLCL and Eva aspects of it, but as far as this becoming my FAVORITE anime...I'm not seeing it happening.

KhakiBlueSocks

Postby ashfire » Tue May 30, 2006 3:31 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:It looks like they're trying to kill Eureka 7 before it even has a chance by moving it down to the late late time.
Hmmm...probably will end up buying the DVD one of these days.

And I was enjoying watching it too. I reminds me of Cowboy Bebop and someother anime.
I think I will complain to CN.
ashfire

Postby Sami_jane » Tue May 30, 2006 8:50 pm

i dont mind eureaka 7..its not ath bad and you know it would be sad if they spent the money on getting the rights to show the seriest then didnt show it all the way thru. so in that case i dont see them taking it off compleatly but it does suprise me that they moved it so far back
Sami_jane

Postby freerock1 » Tue May 30, 2006 9:09 pm

Personally I'm in the group that's enjoying E7, so I'm not quite sure why all the hatin'. :P But it does seem to be a hate-it-or-love-it show, and a very polarizing one at that.

And to add to my previous comment,
freerock1 wrote:For the 18-34 age group that Adult Swim targets, the ratings haven't been great. Of course none of their Saturday night ratings have been all that great lately.

...actually it's not just Saturday. Adult Swim as a whole is in a ratings slump. Except for Family Guy and maybe the new episodes of Robot Chicken, no show in the block seems to really be pulling in the ratings that it was about a year ago. But since Saturday ratings are among the most visible, they seem to be getting the most flack. That said, AS is still one of the most-watched networks by the 18-34 age group on all of basic cable.

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed May 31, 2006 11:47 am

I have been pondering what to do post the Inuyasha series finale.For now I am thinking that after Inuyasha ends of stop watching AS and go and buy the DVDs of those AS anime series I would most like to see.Hopefully by that time AU will also be back on the air.
mitsuki lover

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews