Samurai Deeper Kyo manga

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Samurai Deeper Kyo manga

Postby jon_jinn » Wed May 24, 2006 5:54 pm

should i try it out? or is it not that good of a series? what kind of objectionable content is in it?
jon_jinn

Postby mechana2015 » Thu May 25, 2006 12:26 am

Lots of fanservice and gore. This series has decent fights but a lot of rear nudity and innuendos and gore, as well as some cussing. I have the first 10 books as I collected them for hopes for the storyline progressing, the art and the way combat was drawn... but it progressed too slow, the art got boring, and the fights got repetitive in a bad way so I stopped collecting it.

Its rated 16 and up by the publisher so I say you DEFINATELY should avoid it, if your age is accurately represented, and really... I wouldn't highly recommend the series to anyone due to the content.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Kkun » Thu May 25, 2006 6:50 am

mechana2015 wrote:Lots of fanservice and gore. This series has decent fights but a lot of rear nudity and innuendos and gore, as well as some cussing. I have the first 10 books as I collected them for hopes for the storyline progressing, the art and the way combat was drawn... but it progressed too slow, the art got boring, and the fights got repetitive in a bad way so I stopped collecting it.

Its rated 16 and up by the publisher so I say you DEFINATELY should avoid it, if your age is accurately represented, and really... I wouldn't highly recommend the series to anyone due to the content.

Quoted for truth.

This series is really rough. Mechana hit the nail on the head. Some of the innuendo is particularly disturbing in a couple of spots (one scene involving a character who looks like a [I'm guessing] fourteen year old girl comes to mind). It has some good fights and Kyo is pretty cool, but I'd say those aren't really worth all of the trouble spots in it, especially for a thirteen year old. If you want an action series that takes place in Japan, I'd say go with Rurouni Kenshin or something milder like that.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby jon_jinn » Thu May 25, 2006 4:32 pm

'kay. thanks for the warnings.
jon_jinn

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews