Lost

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed May 24, 2006 2:34 pm

So! Who's looking forward to the Season Finale tonight!? *is excited!*

Yeah, but thats' not why I'm posting this. XD I'm posting because I read the story "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge," by Ambrose Bierce, today, one of the books that is featured in Lost during some scenes. The premise of this book is quite interesting, and I can see why a lot of people thought that the Island was all happening in one of the character's head, even though that theory has been ruled out by the producers. The story of the book is the following:

[SPOILER=An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge]Basically, it's about a man who is about to be hung. However, he escapes from his captors at the last minute, surviving the noose, the raging waters beneath him, the bullets from his captors' rifles, etc. He eventually makes it home, but suddenly, his neck breaks and he dies, hanging from a tree at Owl Creek Bridge. It turns out that his entire escape happened in his head, before he died.[/SPOILER]

There was one scene in the story that I thought was SO cool...There's a scene where the man is running through a forest, and he begins to hear whispers from an unidentifiable tounge. When I read that, I couldn't help but think of the whispers in the jungles in Lost. XD I love little things like that. :lol:

EDIT AFTER SEASON FINALE:

OOOOH My gosh.

[SPOILER]Desmond is dead, I'm quite sure. And I think Locke might be dead, too, though I really hope not. Anyways, THAT was incredible!! But there's so many unanswered questions!! Where is Sayid? Where is Eko? Where are Jack, Kate, and Sawyer headed? Also, what happened to the hatch, besides the fact that it blew up? Henry is the "head Other," I'm pretty sure. Also, what about all the notebooks that were dumped out in the field? So that was an experiment, too! Aaaahhh, this is crazy! XD I'm not sure I believe that the Others are really letting Michael and Walt go...Too suspiscious! And who are these Others, anyways? I'm getting SO curious! XD

So Desmond crashed the plane...That was interesting! And now Penelope knows where the island is! Also, Calvin, Desmond's "partner," was the army seargent that let Sayid go free back in an earlier episode. Charlie and Claire are back, which is good. :thumb: But man! So many answered questions, but at the same time, so many unanswered questions! XD It's going to be painful waiting for September to come. :lol: [/SPOILER]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Yumie » Wed May 24, 2006 8:01 pm

Whoa-- my brain hurts! I don't have time to say much now, but:

[Spoiler]Charlie and Claire are back on good terms. I am happy.[/spoiler]
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Postby Felix » Wed May 24, 2006 8:12 pm

*sings* Wake me up, when September comes *goes to sleep*

Man, I don't think I've ever had so many "why's" floating around in my head. So much is unanswered... AHHHHHH!!!

*stunned silence*

..... I have pondering to do...
Felix

Postby Yumie » Wed May 24, 2006 9:25 pm

Oh! I just thought of something!!

[spoiler]OK, Desmond couldn't get away from the Island. I believe that was because of the magnetic charge. But now, I really think that the island has been demagnetized because of what Des did. So, can people come and go from the island now without getting sucked in? Oh, and also, if Locke doesn't live, no one will ever find out why they crashed. That would stink.[/spoiler]
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Postby the_lizardqueen » Wed May 24, 2006 10:22 pm

Augh!! Charlie I could kill you! Why aren't you looking for Eko and Locke instead of making lovey-dovey faces at Claire!? STUPID HOBBIT!!!
[spoiler]I really, really didn't get that part. I mean, why is he being so nonchalant about the whole hatch incident? Am I the only one that would be looking for survivors immediately? Or at the very least thinking, hey, Eko and Locke aren't back, they might possibly need help!

Where's Lassie when you need him? Vincent? Anyone?

I have such a huge crush on Desmond now. *tragic sigh* Though it's probably now I had a crush on Desmond.

I think Libby is working for Dharma. It's seeming way too coincidental that she would give Desmond a boat and end up on Hurley's psyche ward after exhibiting mostly normal behavior at the coffee shop. Oo, I smell more potential Libby cameos-[/spoiler]
Oo! And second Lost appearance by Clancy Brown! Cool ^^

Edit: Just had a thought.
[spoiler]Desmond was RIGHT! The Pearl observation station was the sham and the Swan was for real! That's why the tubes from the Pearl were piled up in the middle of nowhere! The Pearl was the psychological experiment! Or an attempt by the Others or evil forces to make the Swan dwellers doubt the importance of pushing the button. Ei, confused again-[/spoiler]
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Pent » Thu May 25, 2006 10:15 am

Hmm...well I recorded LOST last night (thank the Dish Network). So I won't be reading any of your guys spoilers right now, I got to finish up Season 1. (One disk left).
Pent

Postby Locke » Thu May 25, 2006 10:21 am

Another commercial for the Dharma Company (Courtesy of Monster.com), now who in their right mind would want a job for them?
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby the_lizardqueen » Thu May 25, 2006 11:12 am

Locke wrote:Another commercial for the Dharma Company (Courtesy of Monster.com), now who in their right mind would want a job for them?

Oo! Oo! Me! I wanna work for Dharma! Albeit mostly for espionage style information retrieval purposes :grin:

I also can't help wondering about the possible significance of Locke and Eko's names. Perhaps it's a red herring, but isn't it odd that the name Eko can be found in LOcKE's name is you reverse the letters? Plus, it sounds like 'Echo' and he could be seen as an echo or reflection of Locke.

In the end, they ended up taking opposing stances on the button. Both have been cast of men of faith in differing ways and they both have seen Lostzilla. Visually, they are complete opposites; Locke is older and white, Eko is imposing and dark. Which could almost be a throwback to the dark and light backgammon stones of Season 1, as well as the overall theme of light and darkness. I'm also thinking Eko is representing the light side, while Locke has stumbled into the dark side. It's kinda interesting.
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

the_lizardqueen

Postby rocklobster » Thu May 25, 2006 6:35 pm

Me to Jack: You happy now, Mr. Doubting Thomas?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri May 26, 2006 1:59 pm

[spoiler]I too had a feeling that Libby was the girl that gave him the boat. They both do look similar. But it could be possible they were different people[/spoiler]
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri May 26, 2006 3:55 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:[spoiler]I too had a feeling that Libby was the girl that gave him the boat. They both do look similar. But it could be possible they were different people[/spoiler]

[SPOILER]Nope, that was definitely Libby. Her hair was different, but it was definitely her. :D Besides, her late husband named the ship she gave Desmond after her. The ship's name was Elizabeth, and Libby is short for Elizabeth. Libby's going to play a big role in flashbacks from here on out, so keep an eye out for her. :thumb:[/SPOILER]

And I think I should make mention of the fact that Desmond looks MUCH better with short hair. ;) :lol:
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri May 26, 2006 8:46 pm

[spoiler]
Radical Dreamer wrote:And I think I should make mention of the fact that Desmond looks MUCH better with short hair.

Y'know, short or long haired, scruffy or clean shaven, crazy and bug eyed or sane and reasonable, I think Desmond just looks good.

Desmond is teh hotness, and alas, I'm afraid I may be betraying my Sayid-crush.

*Total Desmond fangirl now, with her fingers crossed that he'll be back in the fall. Or Penelope flashbacks* ^^[/spoiler]

the_lizardqueen

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri May 26, 2006 9:57 pm

[spoiler]1. Lets remember that people's names are never used twice, apparently its something the show does.

2. Knowing this, remember who Libby said she was married to? A "Dave".

3. What is the only Dave we know? That would be Hurley's imaginary friend

4. I am so freaken confused[/spoiler]
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri May 26, 2006 10:26 pm

[spoiler]I think Libby said that she was married to a 'David'. But I did think of the potential Dave connection too.

I'm under the impression though that the boat giving scene took place before the mental ward stint. But it's just a conjecture based on no actual facts at this point. It was probably 4 or 5 years prior to the present, since Desmond was still only planning the race and he spent 3 years on the island.

Whereas Hurley had just been released from the ward when he won the lottery (quote; 'he had been putting his family through some hard times recently' in Season 1's Numbers). Shortly after winning the lottery his life went insane and I'm thinking he probably ended up on the island 1 or 2 years later.

Unless Libby was in the ward due to her husband's death :eyebrow:

Honestly, I think she was a plant for Penelope's Dad (to get rid of Desmond) and/or the Hanso foundation. Perhaps she was trailing both Desmond and Hurley in order to set them on a course to end up on the island. Libby is evil, remember the numerous creepy looks she gave Hurley whenever he wasn't looking! *paranoid*[/spoiler]

the_lizardqueen

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon May 29, 2006 6:21 pm

I forgot to post this earlier, when I found out. Most of you have probably already heard by now (the news is pretty old), but just in case. :D

For the 3rd season of Lost, ABC will use a different schedule. Instead of showing 3 new episodes, 2 reruns, another episode, 3 more reruns, etc, they will show the first 7 eps of the new season every week with no interruptions until after the 7th week. The show will then be on hiatus until January, when it will be back on for the next 14 weeks (until the season finale) with no interruptions.

I'm kind of looking forward to this new schedule, even if the hiatus will probably be hard to handle. XD Still, I think 7 + 14 weeks straight of new Lost eps is better than a re-run every other week. What do you guys think?

Radical Dreamer

Postby rocklobster » Mon May 29, 2006 6:23 pm

They stole the reruns during new new episodes schtick from HBO (or so I've heard).
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby the_lizardqueen » Mon May 29, 2006 8:57 pm

I would definitely prefer a straight through run of episodes. I couldn't figure out for the life of me why Charlie was being such a jerk towards Locke in the finale. It wasn't until the end of the episode that I remembered 'hey, didn't Locke pound Charlie's face in and take over his role as Aaron's island-daddy?'. That would probably explain snarky Charlie :eyeroll:

And my brother didn't remember Kelvin from Sayid's flashbacks.

It's so easy to forget developements and character interactions in a show like Lost. Especially with the two to three week gaps between new episodes :shady:

the_lizardqueen

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon May 29, 2006 9:16 pm

the_lizardqueen wrote:It's so easy to forget developements and character interactions in a show like Lost. Especially with the two to three week gaps between new episodes :shady:

Yeah, really. That's why I'm glad about this new way they're doing it. Maybe we'll actually be able to remember what happened in past weeks now. ;)

Radical Dreamer

Postby bbboy21 » Tue May 30, 2006 1:37 am

I wonder if John and Ecko actually survived the "blast"...well, we'll wait till next season.
:hug: You gotta love it ^.^
bbboy21

Postby Pent » Tue May 30, 2006 6:11 am

They probably did, I doubt killing off two of the most popular characters at the same time is a good way to get ratings.
Pent

Postby Evangelion » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:19 pm

[spoiler]It will be very sad is Desmond is dead, especially since the woman he loved is connected to some sort of project related to the island and could be reunited.[/spoiler]
Evangelion

Postby the_lizardqueen » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:53 pm

[spoiler]I think that no body = Not Dead YET!

I'm holding out for Desmond to miraculously survive. I mean, just because there was an Electro-whosit explosion doesn't neccessarily mean instantaneous death and dismemberment.....er, right?

*Still thinks Doc Ock survived Spiderman 2*

*cough*denial*cough*[/spoiler]

the_lizardqueen

Postby Pent » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:03 am

It wasn't even an explosion just a huge discharge of electromagnatism.
Pent

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:33 am

Pent wrote:It wasn't even an explosion just a huge discharge of electromagnatism.

Precisely! I like the way you think :grin:

Come back Desmond! Come BAAACK!

the_lizardqueen

Postby bbboy21 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:34 am

Desmond ain't coming back, other wise what would be the purpose of listioning to his thoughts on Penn's letter?

As for the two most badazzes on the island...I'm not sure if they did make it...I mean, we did see that door FLY...well as I said, we'll wait and see.
:hug: You gotta love it ^.^
bbboy21

Postby Evangelion » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:49 am

A charge that big though could stop someone's heart or cause brain damage. Of course we shouldn't forget that anything can happen on that island, normal laws of physics seem to be at a premium.
Evangelion

Postby Pent » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:45 pm

Exactly! Exactly! Although it's a little unbelievable if you know your physics (they would have brain damage or have their heart stopped) to a normal tv viewer they could easily survive a magnetic discharge.

The hatch flew off BECAUSE it was a magnetic discharge! It shot out all the metal things!

Plus Charlie acts confused that Eko and Locke aren't back to camp yet, like he expected them to come back! He must have seen them. But maybe they went to get the other computer from the Pearl or something to keep entering the code or something. Or maybe something else, but Charlie was expecting them to come back! That's why he was kissy kissy with Clair, he knew they where fine!
Pent

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:55 pm

Pent wrote: But maybe they went to get the other computer from the Pearl or something to keep entering the code or something.

There would be no point in retrieving the computers from the Pearl, since the whole point of Desmond turning the key was to stop the magnetic something-or-other, so that they wouldn't have to push the button anymore. But now it's got me thinking...If they stopped the magnetic forcefields, will Locke still be able to walk, and will Rose still be cured? Hmmm...September needs to get here faster. XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby Pent » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:09 am

Well they went somewhere for some reason, I'm just wondering where. Maybe there is a back up electro magnetic thingie.

I don't think it was the magnatism that healed them, I mean that's not even close to possible...I think, I don't know anything, but that sounds kind of crazy.

I think even though it's starting not to look like it, we will find out there was a "reason" they all came to the island like Locke has always said.
Pent

Postby dreamhacker » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:24 am

But there have to be an effect from that discharge. Now the magnetic forcefield are gone, what effect will that have on the island? Or on the outside world? I believe there was a good reason that was there and should be kept up, though what is hard to understand...
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
dreamhacker

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment