Headbangers United.

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Postby Arnobius » Sun May 14, 2006 9:32 am

Tidus20 wrote:I wanna join! I'm thinking a bout making my own band when I'm maybe, 16, and I can't think of an awesome name other than salamander surgery.

Well, it's a better name for a band than "Nuclear Snoopy" which is what I wanted to call a band when I was a teen. Good luck with your band.
Arnobius

Postby That Dude » Sun May 14, 2006 3:42 pm

I've always wanted to make a band called Knobody.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Knives » Tue May 16, 2006 11:34 am

Lol Nuclear Snoopy, thats funny...me and my friends want to start a band, but none of us are very good musicians!
Btw, gungrave and Tidus20, I added you guys to the list.
Knives

Postby CAAOutkast » Tue May 16, 2006 11:50 am

Eric wrote:Hate is death/thrash/industrial. I highly recommend them.

I Don't. I just Checked out their site,These guys are Satan Worshipers Who Love the Occult. Very Anti-Christian. Don't Believe Me? check out their links.

i'm Tired Of People{especially entertainers} Bowing Down to That Stupid Beast.

steve

Death To Satan.
Eternal Fan of Sailor Moon and the Original Mega Man!
CAAOutkast

Postby CAAOutkast » Tue May 16, 2006 1:18 pm

If My Previous Comment Offended Anyone,I Appologize..But,That's How I Feel About Satan His Works.

Steve
CAAOutkast

Postby Eric » Tue May 16, 2006 5:41 pm

Well they are very musically talented. If you don't like the lyrics, you don't have to listen to it. I, for one, don't care about lyrics at all, and I'm not the only person out there who is like that. :rock:

Oh and could you lay off the shift key once in a while? :hits_self
Eric

Postby CAAOutkast » Tue May 16, 2006 5:45 pm

Eric wrote: Oh and could you lay off the shift key once in a while? :hits_self

sure thing.

Steve

BTW,I like lyricless tunes too.
CAAOutkast

Postby Scarecrow » Tue May 16, 2006 6:23 pm

Eric wrote:Well they are very musically talented. If you don't like the lyrics, you don't have to listen to it. I, for one, don't care about lyrics at all, and I'm not the only person out there who is like that. :rock:

Btw thanks for the recommendation and the other guy who posted some bands. Appreciated it. As far as Hate though, yeah I can see they have talent but, to me, lyrics are a just as important as the music so I kinda had to pass on them :( But yea they are talented.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Arnobius » Tue May 16, 2006 6:45 pm

Eric wrote:Well they are very musically talented. If you don't like the lyrics, you don't have to listen to it. I, for one, don't care about lyrics at all, and I'm not the only person out there who is like that. :rock:

I've always been troubled about bands who try to create an active image of being evil. I mean it's one thing to tolerate a band who's lifestyle isn't one I approve of, but when the band is making use of satanism for whatever purpose I tend to be uncomfortable and avoid the band.

Fortunately the bands that go for that image tend to play a good deal more hardcore than I like
In my case, I found band that had a really good sounding album, but the band wrote the lyrics as a deliberate attack on my denomination, so I eventually decided to get rid of the album.

I used to not care about the lyrics and just enjoy the music (mainly when I had no idea WHAT they were saying... good old 80's metal), but lately I tend to care about the whole package what they say as well as how they say it.

This isn't a judgement on someone who chose differently of course, this is just my experience.
Arnobius

Postby Eric » Tue May 16, 2006 8:01 pm

Christisright wrote:sure thing.

Steve

BTW,I like lyricless tunes too.

For instrumental music, I recommend:

Dysrythmia
Behold...the Arctopus
Pelican
Liquid Tension Experiment
Gordian Knot
Sleep Terror (my personal favorite of all these, they're instrumental jazz/progressive death metal)
Abolishment of Hate (my second favorite, it's a solo instrumental death metal project)

These ones are mostly instrumental]Isis[/url]
Cult of Luna
The Ocean

The Esoteric has a fairly normal amount of vocals, but they are also stylistically ambient.

You might also be interested in Corphagy; they're death metal with electronic influences. Pretty weird stuff. :lol:
Eric

Postby Eric » Tue May 16, 2006 8:37 pm

AnimeHeretic wrote:Fortunately the bands that go for that image tend to play a good deal more hardcore than I like

King Diamond (heavy metal) would be an exception to that. There are a pretty good amount of bands like that, but most of them are fairly underground.
Eric

Postby Arnobius » Tue May 16, 2006 8:50 pm

Eric wrote:King Diamond (heavy metal) would be an exception to that. There are a pretty good amount of bands like that, but most of them are fairly underground.

Yeah, I know of them. I meant that fortunately most of the bands I've come across who do the satanic lyrics tend to be the more hardcore death metal stuff, whereas the bands I like tend to be more oriented to the fantasy metal
Arnobius

Postby Inferno » Fri May 19, 2006 7:50 am

It is insane the amout of bands being discussed on this thread that I don't know about! This is a great thread to learn about band ive never heard of in my life! And most ive come to be very fond of! Lol
"rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

METAL!!! :rock:

Member of headbangers united! \m/ >,< \m/

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby Knives » Fri May 19, 2006 1:41 pm

Eric wrote:For instrumental music, I recommend:

Dysrythmia
Behold...the Arctopus
Pelican
Liquid Tension Experiment
Gordian Knot
Sleep Terror (my personal favorite of all these, they're instrumental jazz/progressive death metal)
Abolishment of Hate (my second favorite, it's a solo instrumental death metal project)

These ones are mostly instrumental]Isis[/url]
Cult of Luna
The Ocean

The Esoteric has a fairly normal amount of vocals, but they are also stylistically ambient.

You might also be interested in Corphagy; they're death metal with electronic influences. Pretty weird stuff. :lol:

LTE is awesome!!! Not quite as awesome as DT, but about as good as instrumental music gets.
The Ocean sounds pretty good too, I'm hoping their lyrics are clean, can you tell me about them...
Knives

Postby Eric » Fri May 19, 2006 2:23 pm

Knives wrote:LTE is awesome!!! Not quite as awesome as DT, but about as good as instrumental music gets.
The Ocean sounds pretty good too, I'm hoping their lyrics are clean, can you tell me about them...

Well, I'm having a hard time finding the lyrics online, but here is an excerpt from one of their interviews:

"The lyrics use a lot of ocean-related imagery, of course. There is not a major thread going through all of them, some are very personal tales of loves and hatreds and experiences I've been through and in that way they are some sort of therapy I guess - though disguised in abstract images, for the most part. But even with these personal ramblings you will find some sort of recurring... spirit I would say, not an actual agenda, but rather a general feeling that is being transported through most of the lyrics and songs. And this feeling is hard to describe, but it is essentially positive. Our lyrics exude an aura of triumph, the triumph you feel after overcoming obstacles, after defeating the demons in you. The type of illustrious, existential triumph when you realize that everything is possible in life, when you're on the top of the hill of bitterness and mediocrity and all of a sudden you realize that there's a whole ****ing valley of dreams right in front of your eyes, and instantly, you feel impelled by your own passion to pursue them, to embrace life, to live it to the fullest while we have it. So we're not a depressed death metal band. Life is too ****in short to be depressed. Our lyrics are manifestations of the spirit of Rimbaud, or Kerouac..."
Eric

Postby Knives » Fri May 19, 2006 5:03 pm

Might I ask who Rimbaud and Kerouac are?
Knives

Postby Arnobius » Fri May 19, 2006 5:12 pm

Knives wrote:Might I ask who Rimbaud and Kerouac are?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerouac

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rimbaud
Arnobius

Postby Knives » Sun May 21, 2006 10:44 am

Interesting, sounds like they have some strange theological ideas.
Knives

Postby Inferno » Sun May 21, 2006 12:47 pm

Yes it does, they both seem like interesting people.

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby Eric » Sun May 21, 2006 10:03 pm

Check out Head Control System. Here is their profile on Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_Control_System
Eric

Postby Inferno » Tue May 23, 2006 3:07 pm

I like them! I think I might just buy some of their stuff.

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby RobinSena » Sat May 27, 2006 11:46 am

I just pre-ordered my copy of Underoath - Define the Great Line special edition.. =)
RobinSena

Postby Knives » Mon May 29, 2006 8:04 am

ChurchPunk wrote:I just pre-ordered my copy of Underoath - Define the Great Line special edition.. =)

Cool, tell us how it is, I am looking forward to hearing it!
Knives

Postby RobinSena » Mon May 29, 2006 12:58 pm

Knives wrote:Cool, tell us how it is, I am looking forward to hearing it!

Will do.. It should be coming with a 7 in. vinyl with 2 songs on it.. =)
RobinSena

Postby That Dude » Mon May 29, 2006 8:35 pm

I hear that they should be releasing a new song on purevolume today or tomorrow.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby RobinSena » Tue May 30, 2006 6:49 am

Yup, a new song released last night at 11:49 PM on purevolume.

http://www.purevolume.com/underoath
RobinSena

Postby Inferno » Tue May 30, 2006 11:06 am

I have to say thatI was rather upset with underoaths last CD. Their older stuff was 1,000,000,000,000 times better in my opinion. They got soft and now have a panzy vocalist compared to their old vocalist. Their guitars aren't hard enough and the drums weren't very aggresive. Again this is mostly my opinion. If you don't know what I mean listen to any song from cries of the past or act of depression. They lost every band member except their keyboarder. I think they should rename their band.

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby Hitokiri » Tue May 30, 2006 4:10 pm

Eric wrote:Check out Head Control System. Here is their profile on Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_Control_System

Yet another band Eric-kun has gotten me into.

Underoath bores me. They are good to listen to every 5 months but they are just boring. And apparently the new album is a bit more chaotic which, thankfully, may dissapoint the fan girls but I don't like most chaoscore so I doubt will get it.
Hitokiri

Postby Inferno » Wed May 31, 2006 5:49 pm

Yah! Their new album is a lot more chaotic which is a joy to hear!

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby That Dude » Wed May 31, 2006 8:35 pm

It sure makes me happy.
That Dude

Previous Next

Return to Jam Session