Headbangers United.

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:49 pm

that dude wrote:I'm sad because August Bruns Red is coming to my town but I'll be gone when they're there.

that sucks. I think i am gonna see them, BCA and several other really cool bands this summer
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby That Dude » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:54 pm

Yeah it does.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Scarecrow » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:12 pm

Well I'm not interested in joining anything but I am a pretty big metal head so I thought I would post some of my favorites as well

Favorite Metal Band: Blind Guardian!! (Or Nightwish... really depends on my mood)... other favorites include Theatre of Tragedy, Virgin Black, Within Temptation, and Therion among others.
Favorite Type of metal: Power followed by symphonic/melodic
Favorite metal album: "Nightfall in Middle Earth"
Top 4 favorite metal songs: "Nightfall"-Blind Guardian, "Over the Hills and Far Away"-Nightwish, "A Rose for the Dead"- Theatre of Tragedy "Nymphetamine"-Cradle of Filth.
fav music website: thegaunlet.com I guess... don't really have one.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Hitokiri » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:46 pm

I like your taste in music! Power metal owns.

I am trying out a band called Necrophagist. They are quite good despite not being my cup of tea.

I also suggest checking out a band called Peccatum. Thier music is crazy good.
Hitokiri

Postby Scarecrow » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:11 pm

I was checking out a few of the other bands you posted on earlier. I really like what I'm hearing from Battlelore and Draconian! Never heard of either one before but I could really get into both of those I think. Peccatum sounds pretty good but I don't like checking out too many bands at once... gets overwhelming :P
Scarecrow

Postby indyrocker » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:38 am

I've been checking out alot more of the sweedish metal and death metal sceene latly and i actualy found a band i can get addicted to well a few actualy! Beseech and Blackout symphony have been getting me into my fantom drum set mood recently so i would defitly recomend people give them a listen.
Indyrocker aka the user fomaly known as Agentsmith700

my remixes --> http://www.purevolume.com/irishangel
my Xanga--> http://www.xanga.com/indyrocker
A member of the Society of Hatted Members

adopted by Rachel
Adopted Banana-chan, heero yuy 95

There are no more heroes any more they all died in the night that the world fell into darknes; and good men are trampled down into the dirt never to be seen again. This is the story of this world of ours the story of the corupt and those that would try to save it from them but become corupt themselfs from their own selfish greed and want for what they do not have.
indyrocker

Postby Tommy » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:08 am

Scarecrow wrote:Has anyone heard of DragonForce?
-----------------------------------------------

The only problem I have with DragonForce, even though they are awesome, is that EVERY song sounds exactly the same. I mean I do like them but there is no variety in their music. They are fricken fast though! Wish I could play like that.

Blind Guardian is still my favorite when it comes to power metal. And their songs don't all sound the same :P

I listened to "Cry of the Brave" and fail to see how it is Metal.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Hitokiri » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:46 am

Scarecrow wrote:I was checking out a few of the other bands you posted on earlier. I really like what I'm hearing from Battlelore and Draconian! Never heard of either one before but I could really get into both of those I think. Peccatum sounds pretty good but I don't like checking out too many bands at once... gets overwhelming :P

Yeah.

Draconian is simply amazing IMO. Ever heard of Siriena? They resemble Draconian alot in some areas though they are more like Tristania if anything.

Oh Dragonforce. They are ok. Their vocals bugs me a tad bit but they are fun to listen to at times. So, Tom Dincht, they are indeed metal - actually, to be more accurate, they are power metal. Of which some power metal rules. Some of it can be extremely annoying, bland stuff but bands like Children of Bodom, Battlelore, and Blind Guardian do Power Metal very well.

I am liking Necrophagist. "Fermented Offal Discharge" great music but I laugh at the names at times haha. They are great though.

Oh, by the way, http://www.peccatum.com/. They have a sample music video out. Apparently though, they have disbanded.
Hitokiri

Postby Knives » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:53 am

Dragonforce sounds pretty good, from the 30 sec samples on iTunes i have listened to.
Welcome to the "club thing" Tom Dincht and Silent Hunter!
I just saw this awesome metalcore band in concert last night, they are called "As I You" and they are christian. At the concert they did a cover of "Dance, Dance" by Fallout Boy and it was pretty funny, especially when they screamed!!!
Here are some links:
asiyou.com
myspace.com/asiyou
Knives

Postby DrNic » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:07 pm

Hey, can I join. The metal bands I like probably aren't too hardcore, but I like my metal all the same.
Take me

Far from all that's wrong and...
Let these

Fears collapse inside

Take me

Back to when i...

Believed

Bloodless by Emery

Come visit the free state of Non-1000: Home of the Special Uber Elite (and try the burgers :P)

There's this dude named DrNic,
If you forget him, he'll get ticked! - By CobaltAngel

:grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin:
DrNic

Postby Scarecrow » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:07 pm

I have heard of Siriena but never really got into them much. To be honest Im not a HUGE fan of growls though I don't mind them much anymore. Really depends on the singer though and the style. But they HAVE to have a female vocalist in there somewhere to make up for all the growling :P Siriena seemed to have to much growling not enough beauty if I remember correctly. Although I wasn't into the Beauty and the Beast type stuff when I checked out Siriena so maybe I should look them up again. I do like Tristania and I wasn't crazy about them back then either so maybe I should give them another listen.
Scarecrow

Postby Tidus20 » Mon May 01, 2006 2:02 pm

duality...erm...before i forget

O_O My favorite songs by my favorite band.
When the clock reads 2113
-Coheed and Cambria

Check out my totally NOT MySpace thingy HERE.

My ACTUAL WEBSITE.
Tidus20

Location: A place not too far from my happy place. My left middle finger has touched the same guitar as that

Postby Kkun » Mon May 01, 2006 2:10 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:I listened to "Cry of the Brave" and fail to see how it is Metal.

Not knowing what metal is might have something to do with that.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Tommy » Mon May 01, 2006 3:46 pm

I`m going to imagine you weren`t trying to insult me in that post.

Define "Metal" as a music genre.
Tommy

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon May 01, 2006 6:56 pm

Tom wrote:Define "Metal" as a music genre.

My term for it is Something Fast furious and with driving guitars

buuuuut a metal ballad is something very emotional and very beutiful and sometimes also driving guitars

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Eric » Mon May 01, 2006 7:16 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:I`m going to imagine you weren`t trying to insult me in that post.

He wasn't insulting you. Blind Guardian and Dragonforce are both undoubtedly metal bands, and I believe you are the first person I have seen try to say otherwise. Perhaps these links will help you understand things better:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_Guardian
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragonforce
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_heavy_metal_genres
Eric

Postby Arnobius » Mon May 01, 2006 7:48 pm

Interesting links
from Wiki wrote:As of April 2006, DragonForce is set to embark on their first North American tour. Initially, DragonForce was supposed to play their first show on US soil back in November of 2005 but Visa problems prevented that from happening.

Next time use American Express :P
Arnobius

Postby Hitokiri » Mon May 01, 2006 8:27 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:I`m going to imagine you weren`t trying to insult me in that post.

To me, metal has to have a sense of beauty. But how can music have beauty per say? For instance, Norma Jean. The band is flat out noise and to me, is seems almost unsophisicated. "Hey, let's jam on our guitars and scream!" Same with August Burns Red. The fast and furious style gives me a headache and to me, is just a bunch of kids wanting to sound cool by being extremely heavy.

However, alot of the death,power, black, and goth metal has a sense of beauty that is hard to describe. They provoke a sense of emotion in me that makes me either want to die, cry, or sit and write down something beautiful. Bland metalcore/chaoscore sometimes makes me want to vomit.

Some people don't understand that all metal isn't about screaming till your lungs bleed about suicide and wailing on your huiyat without any heed to what it sounds like.
Hitokiri

Postby Eric » Mon May 01, 2006 8:38 pm

Hitokiri wrote:To me, metal has to have a sense of beauty. But how can music have beauty per say? For instance, Norma Jean. The band is flat out noise and to me, is seems almost unsophisicated. "Hey, let's jam on our guitars and scream!" Same with August Burns Red. The fast and furious style gives me a headache and to me, is just a bunch of kids wanting to sound cool by being extremely heavy.

However, alot of the death,power, black, and goth metal has a sense of beauty that is hard to describe. They provoke a sense of emotion in me that makes me either want to die, cry, or sit and write down something beautiful. Bland metalcore/chaoscore sometimes makes me want to vomit.

Some people don't understand that all metal isn't about screaming till your lungs bleed about suicide and wailing on your huiyat without any heed to what it sounds like.

Those bands are still somewhat metal, but the way they integrate hardcore elements into their music ruins what little listenability they have in the first place (since they are mostly hardcore, and hardcore is generally very bland and boring).
Eric

Postby Knives » Fri May 05, 2006 12:19 pm

Eric wrote:Those bands are still somewhat metal, but the way they integrate hardcore elements into their music ruins what little listenability they have in the first place (since they are mostly hardcore, and hardcore is generally very bland and boring).

Hey, I like hardcore, a lot of hardcore bands are awesome!
Knives

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri May 05, 2006 12:57 pm

knives wrote:Hey, I like hardcore, a lot of hardcore bands are awesome!

so do I knives (hardcore rules specially Haste the day and August burns red) but its not a genre for everyone.

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Knives » Thu May 11, 2006 12:12 pm

yes, hardcore can be a little too...hardcore for some :lol:
Knives

Postby That Dude » Fri May 12, 2006 12:48 pm

The only hardcore that would be to hardcore for me would have to be harder than Norma Jean, The Chariot, August Burns Red combined.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Eric » Fri May 12, 2006 2:26 pm

Here are a few of my favorite death metal bands:

Fractal Point
Psycroptic
Deeds of Flesh
Quo Vadis
Necrophagist
Insomnium
Kalmah
Imperanon
Eric

Postby Scarecrow » Fri May 12, 2006 5:03 pm

Any good electronic/industrial style metal out there? Christian or secular? I've been kind of in a electronic mood lately and the only band I can really find like that is Theatre of Tragedy's newer stuff (I like their old stuff better but anyway).
Scarecrow

Postby That Dude » Fri May 12, 2006 7:07 pm

Circle Of Dust, Celldweller, Klank, Coalter Of The Deepers are all good industrial metal bands...Though Coalter has to be the most metal of them all.
That Dude

Postby Eric » Fri May 12, 2006 8:43 pm

Hate is death/thrash/industrial. I highly recommend them.
Eric

Postby Arnobius » Fri May 12, 2006 8:54 pm

Eric wrote:Hate is death/thrash/industrial. I highly recommend them.

Interesting O_o;; though you might want to pull the link since some might take offense with the artwork.
Arnobius

Postby gungrave » Sat May 13, 2006 7:13 pm

Can I join this union now? XD I havnt really heard to much Metal(I dont get out much) But I do Love Project 86, Haste the Day, Zao, Showbread, Demon Hunter, any other bands offa TVU(cept living sacrafice) and 3rd Root(oldish) and one of my all time favs*cant find CD anywhere GRRR* EDL !!! YEAH

anyway, I dont listen to nonchristian stuff soo yeah Im inviting and joining my self
You find that you have a weapon, an instrument that
will give you power over the wind and sea.
In one word, you can stop time. It is a weapon
so powerful that even God will bow
down to you and all his angels fall at your feet.
What would you do with it?

Adopted: Jack Bond
Adopted: Mega
Adopted By: Black Rose Misao
Adopted By: GrubbTheFragger

then I will be all over those games like white on a paper plate with a styrofoam cup filled with milk in the north pole during a snow storm ---iscryed4u which is my AIM screen name so, I said it XD
Felix wrote:And gungrave, XD I am sure you look quite the man-beast in a suit.

\m/ >,< \m/<-----if u listen to anti hip-hop music Aka metal or just hard rock put this in ur profile and represent

JonathOn !!El perro esta en fuego!!
C.R.A.P. leader
:thumb:
---GamerTag: HxS L3TH4L
gungrave

Postby Tidus20 » Sun May 14, 2006 9:00 am

I wanna join! I'm thinking a bout making my own band when I'm maybe, 16, and I can't think of an awesome name other than salamander surgery.
When the clock reads 2113
-Coheed and Cambria

Check out my totally NOT MySpace thingy HERE.

My ACTUAL WEBSITE.
Tidus20

Location: A place not too far from my happy place. My left middle finger has touched the same guitar as that

Previous Next

Return to Jam Session