The pages are all out of order!?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

The pages are all out of order!?

Postby Wave » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:40 pm

Ok so yesterday I went to Banners & Nobles and bought my very first mange book Fruits Basket. I sat down and started reading it today. At first I could not make any thing out of it. The story just seemed to jump around a lot and it was really really confusing. As I read on. it seemed like the every thing was out of order. I looked ahead and it seems like it contuse though out the book.

Here is an example The story starts out with Honda-San in her tent in the woods. She discovers this house. She talks to this guy about Zodiac animals. and then Sohma-Kun shows up. Then (Right in the midl of the page.) it jumps to Honda-San at school talking to all the other girls, who asking her why she walked to school with. Sohma-Kun. A couple of pages later there is a page that seems like it should go in between the part where Sohma-Kun shows up and the part where Honda-San is at school. On this page, Sohma-kun invites Honda San to walk to school with him. Really confusing.

Has any on ever ran into any thing like this? Am I wrong? Is Fruits Basket just really confusing any way?

wave.
••• ––– •••

You have heard that the law of Moses says "Do not commit adultry." But I say, anyone who even looks at a women with lust in his eys has already committed adultery with her in his heart
Mathew 5:27-29
Wave

Postby Tarnish » Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:36 pm

Maybe you're reading the page in the wrong order? (I did that)
i draw things

Ponies are for ages six and under.
Tarnish

Postby rii namuras » Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:53 pm

(True. Is it flipped or unflipped?)
rii namuras

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:44 pm

interesting. Oh well thats why i watched the anime
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:18 pm

wierd...mines in order...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:41 pm

My book follows that same pattern. I didn't find it confusing, though. Actually, I'm quite sure it's just a flashback. The girls were asking how Tohru ended up walking to school with Yuki, and once Uo and Hanajima chased them off, I suppose she told them, but in the form of flashbacks instead of words. Sorry you found it confusing, though!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Tommy » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:04 am

Wave wrote:Ok so yesterday I went to Banners & Nobles

I can explian why. Banners and Nobles is a copy of Barne`s and Nobels that makes fake version of every book!

Just playing, I get whatcha mean.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Mangafanatic » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:37 am

Hmmm, that's odd. I encourage you to go back and flip through another copy and see if the page order matches your own. If it does, then it's the right order (Or, atleast, there's a 99% chance that it is). Fruits Basket is a manga that employs many different styles of scene change, so it could have just been the manga itself. If that's the case, keep reading. It's completely worth it.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Wave » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:42 pm

OK I feel REEAALLLY stupid. False alarm! False alarm! You can all go back in the building now.

So yesterday after starting this thread I gave the book to my sister. My sister read the whole thing in about 2 hours. She said that there was nothing wrong with it, and then she explained to me that the the page that I thought was out of order was a flashback. Pretty much what Radical Dreamers said. So with that knowledge I sat down and tried to read it again. I understood it all that time and, I might add, am thoroughly enjoying it now!

So I guess all this boils down to is my idiocy. I honestly thought that the pages where out of order! I was so confused there at fist.

XD.... This really should get posted in that “Did you have a blond moment todayâ€
••• ––– •••

You have heard that the law of Moses says "Do not commit adultry." But I say, anyone who even looks at a women with lust in his eys has already committed adultery with her in his heart
Mathew 5:27-29
Wave

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews