Headbangers United.

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Postby That Dude » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:08 pm

I also like the gothic metal also...But for some reason I've just been getting into chaoscore stuff. Does anybody here listen to Rackets And Drapes? They're good shockrock/goth metal.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Arnobius » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:25 pm

That Dude wrote:I also like the gothic metal also...But for some reason I've just been getting into chaoscore stuff. Does anybody here listen to Rackets And Drapes? They're good shockrock/goth metal.

Is that like what they call "Doom Metal"? I've tried Reverend Bizzare, who had a good song with "Cromwell" but the rest of the stuff I could not stand.
Arnobius

Postby Knives » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:26 am

Doom metal...I must say that sounds kind of weird, but oh well, right now I kind of like Queensyrche which some people say is a progressive/goth metal band...
Anyway, I have finally decided that Metallica's stuff before TBA was wayyyy better than the stuff after TBA and TBA itself. Search and Destroy is an awesome song, as is Welcome Home (Sanitarium), Master of Puppets, One, Ride the Lightning, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Battery, etc. The new metallica stinks!

Edit: How about everyone names their favorite Metallica album and their top 5 metallica songs.
Here are mine:
Fav Album: Master of Puppets
5 Songs:
1. Search and Destroy (or is it seek and destroy...)
2. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
3. Ride the Lightning
4. Master of Puppets
5. Wherever I May Roam (one of the few good songs on TBA)
Knives

Postby That Dude » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:09 am

I don't know if Rackets and Drapes would be considered doom metal or not. They're kinda like a christian Marylin Manson.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Knives » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:31 pm

That Dude wrote:I don't know if Rackets and Drapes would be considered doom metal or not. They're kinda like a christian Marylin Manson.

I don't know about their style, but they seem like a weird band :D
Knives

Postby That Dude » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:56 pm

It's basically the same sound as manson...But with hard hitting christian lyrics. They're actually quite good. Definately up there on my list of coool bands.
That Dude

Postby Inferno » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:09 am

GrubbTheFragger wrote:i am not much of a fan of Underoaths old stuff just cuz it's to chaotic for my tastes (for some reason i am a mortal treason fan) i am more melodic hardcore and screamo stuff.

Hey man it's fine with me, I gues you could say im chaotic and I scream alot so that's my style!!!! Well actually I love all genres and subgenres of metal!!!! I'm a true headbanger let's just say that! :rock:
"rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

METAL!!! :rock:

Member of headbangers united! \m/ >,< \m/

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby Inferno » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:13 am

I actually haven't heard of Rackets and Drapes I'll have to check them out, download them off limewire! :thumb:

So anyone here like killswitch engage??? Me love them just bought their first cd couple of days ago. :rock:

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby That Dude » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

I've only heard a little bit of Killswitch...I liked what I heard though.
That Dude

Postby Hitokiri » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:59 am

I like both Jesse Leach and Howard Jones for KSE. As of late, I have really gotten into Power/Battle metal. Go check out Battelore. They have some great samples. Thier lyrical content is focused mostly on J.R.R. Tolkien's works for those who love the his books.
Hitokiri

Postby That Dude » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:40 pm

Man there is way to many sub genre's of metal to keep up with.
That Dude

Postby Hitokiri » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:04 am

That Dude wrote:Man there is way to many sub genre's of metal to keep up with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_heavy_metal_genres
While some genres and sub-genres do get ridiculous, I think they are neccesary. It's like you're looking for a Comedy/Romance movie of a certain type. You want something that fits that particular genre. Musically it is the same. You may want Death Metal but you want something more harmonious so you look for bands that are catgeorized as Melodic Death Metal. Kind of like the band I just talked about. Battlelore is classified as Power Metal because of the vocals and chords. However, lyrically, they are classified as Battle/Fantasy.
Hitokiri

Postby Inferno » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:01 am

That Dude wrote:Man there is way to many sub genre's of metal to keep up with.

I know what you mean! There are sooooo many, half the time I don't even know if some of the sub genres are even real I mean some of the names seem totally fictional!! I mean doom metal it sounds weird I didn't even know it existed till last week.

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby Knives » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:37 pm

Hitokiri wrote:I like both Jesse Leach and Howard Jones for KSE. As of late, I have really gotten into Power/Battle metal. Go check out Battelore. They have some great samples. Thier lyrical content is focused mostly on J.R.R. Tolkien's works for those who love the his books.

Im checking them out now! They sound pretty...interesting...more listening will tell!
Knives

Postby Inferno » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:41 am

Battlore huh? They're interesting. Like knives has already said more listening Will tell!

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:50 am

......i am officially hooked on BCA anyone now like if they are working on a new cd or if they had any independent cd b4 the solid state release?
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Arnobius » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:00 am

Hitokiri wrote:I like both Jesse Leach and Howard Jones for KSE. As of late, I have really gotten into Power/Battle metal. Go check out Battelore. They have some great samples. Thier lyrical content is focused mostly on J.R.R. Tolkien's works for those who love the his books.

I have "Third Age of the Sun" on a UK import. One of the better power metal bands actually.
Arnobius

Postby That Dude » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:34 pm

I just found a really neat industrial/gothic christian metal band called Atra today...Here's their myspace page link.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=8759081

They're pretty freaking awesome.
That Dude

Postby Hitokiri » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:17 pm

One of my new favorite bands is Draconian. Anyone hear of them? The female singer's voice serioulsly pierces my heart it's so beautiful. I really need to get some of thier c.ds.

http://www.draconian.se/

The only "iffy" thing about them is thier most recent release "Arcane Rain Fell" is the subject matter is the portrayal of the fall of Lucifer from Heaven as a beautiful thing and paint a picture of God tyring to quell individuality. Not sure if this is the bands belief system or if this album is just telling a story. Music doesn't affect them negatively so I have no qualms with listening to thier music. But yeah, I love this band.
Hitokiri

Postby Knives » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:27 pm

Hitokiri wrote:One of my new favorite bands is Draconian. Anyone hear of them? The female singer's voice serioulsly pierces my heart it's so beautiful. I really need to get some of thier c.ds.

http://www.draconian.se/

The only "iffy" thing about them is thier most recent release "Arcane Rain Fell" is the subject matter is the portrayal of the fall of Lucifer from Heaven as a beautiful thing and paint a picture of God tyring to quell individuality. Not sure if this is the bands belief system or if this album is just telling a story. Music doesn't affect them negatively so I have no qualms with listening to thier music. But yeah, I love this band.

A Slumber Did My Spirit Seal is pretty cool.
Knives

Postby Tommy » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:00 pm

Would I be asking too much for membership?

I love hard rock music but not TOO hard.

Examples of Too Hard:

Only screaming for the whole song that is hi-pitched.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby That Dude » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:56 pm

Well you like Staple right? Yeah I really don't see any reason why you can't be a member of the thread. Welcome other TD.
That Dude

Postby Tommy » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:37 pm

Greetings other TD.

I have only heard one song from Staple.

GUESS WHAT IT IS!!!!!!!
Tommy

Postby That Dude » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:18 pm

Pop? Deathtrap Daisy? Dictatorship Vs. Democracy? There. Three guesses...I hope one is right.
That Dude

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:56 pm

dictatorship vs democracy is a good guess. buuuuut FistAfire is the song because Tom made a thread about (i think it was Tom maybe it was MJL)
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby xCAFx » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:12 am

Has anyone heard of DragonForce?I just discovered them like 10 minutes ago, and man are they good!(x like a million). Got to be one of the best bands in Metal(or music) history!All of you guys MUST listen to "Through The Fire And Flames" immediately!! Listen here:DragonForce
Anyone who likes prog or power or speed metal(or just Metal at all) should love them.AnimeHeretic and Hitokiri im sure you guys will love them(if you havent already heard of them)! You can go to thier website and watch the music video(its awesome and shows the guitar players playing up close;dang their fast!!) here:Vid
xCAFx

Postby Arnobius » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:28 pm

Hmm, they are better than some of the Power metal bands I have in my collection. They also kind of remind me of the 80's style. I'll have to keep them in mind next time I go to Rasputin's.
Arnobius

Postby Silent Hunter » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:00 pm

May I join as well?? I like some stuff by staple and some stuff by bands that are like, ... half scream/ half singing. ...................................... hm. ya

[color=#000000]Me: "Hey, what's her last name?"

Brett: "Doesn't matter. It's going to change anyway."

Brett: "Why do they call it tourist season if you can't shoot them?"

[/color]
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Signature, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
Silent Hunter

Postby That Dude » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:37 pm

Sure Silent Hunter, I don't really think that there are any real qualifications to join or anything...It's just a thread to talk about cool heavy bands. I'm sad because August Bruns Red is coming to my town but I'll be gone when they're there.
That Dude

Postby Scarecrow » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:46 pm

Has anyone heard of DragonForce?
-----------------------------------------------

The only problem I have with DragonForce, even though they are awesome, is that EVERY song sounds exactly the same. I mean I do like them but there is no variety in their music. They are fricken fast though! Wish I could play like that.

Blind Guardian is still my favorite when it comes to power metal. And their songs don't all sound the same :P
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Previous Next

Return to Jam Session