Furuba - August to December T__T

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:36 am

I am currently halfway through 18...and I don't remember any more so far...but..it's been a while..

I think there is other stuff to worry about rather than "Wave" powers personally..but that just my personall convictions! ^^;
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Kale » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:44 am

ChristianRonin wrote:[spoiler] Yes, later in the series there is a couple of scenes....or implied scenes..its been a while since I read the later volumes....[/spoiler]

BTW I got vol 13 yesturday at my walmart for only 5.97!!! bad news..we have to wait till august for 14.

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!?

I just finished vol. 13, and here I'm reading the preview for 14, and at the bottom, in little innocent letters, it says "August 2006"

WHAT KIND OF SADIST MAKES A FAN BASE WAIT THE BETTER PART OF A YEAR FOR THE NEXT VOLUME OF SOMETHING!!?!?!?!??!

---

Sorry for all the caps, but the amount of rage I feel right now is unmatched by anything I've ever felt before...

This is ridiculous! A five month wait before the next volume...

Disgusting!
Yes. I know.
Kale

Postby Sai » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:28 pm

Hahaha, appearently Tokyopop does. Its extraordinarily annoying. But waiting for Naruto gets on my nerves more...
"Bother"
Sai

Postby Kale » Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:13 pm

At least Naruto's plot moves at a decent pace... Furuba is like, "Plot here... filler.... Pl-no, more filler... Oh look! MORE filler... Plot... filler..." and so on and so forth...

It drives me insane having to wait so long... (*coughfortheenglishversionsanywayscough*
Yes. I know.
Kale

Postby Kanerou » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:13 am

Yeah, I'm talking about the anime. But thanks. I'd like to see the manga some time.

[quote="ChristianRonin"] I think there is other stuff to worry about rather than "Wave" powers personally..but that just my personall convictions! ^^]

It doesn't bother me as much. I've gotta think of my family, or I wouldn't care.
"You've gotta speak about those things you don't currently see as though they already exist. Back in the beginning, God didn't look into space and say, 'Gee, it's dark.' He called light into existence."

Gotta Getta Gundam. ;)

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1218170) wrote:Also, I hope never to hear "Nate" and "prance" in the same sentence again . . .
Kanerou

Postby kyume-chan » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:19 pm

I'm going to be buying them all but it takes so long! I've read up to ch. 108 though so I'm pretty far ahead but I still want to add these other volumes to my collection! ;~; oh well, at least I have all my other furuba merchandise: two wall scrolls, kyou/yuki/tohru plushies, momiji bunny plushie, kyou keychain (cept it broke! waaaah!), kyou cosplay outfit, kyou cat hat, yuki mouse hat, manga volumes 1-13, all the anime, the Fruits Basket Card Game, and a Fruits basket bag! erm... yeah.... I'm a fan ya' know? Plus making $100 per hour playing harp at weddings helps out ^^

Though youths grow weary and tired
And vigorous young men stumble badly,
Yet those who wait for the LORD
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary.
-Isaiah 40:30-32
kyume-chan

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:21 pm

I have read up to the middle of vol 18...

wah! that's a lot fb shtuff!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby kyume-chan » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:36 am

haha and I forgot to add that I have the furuba calendar xD

Though youths grow weary and tired
And vigorous young men stumble badly,
Yet those who wait for the LORD
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary.
-Isaiah 40:30-32
kyume-chan

Postby Kanerou » Fri May 05, 2006 7:54 am

On a slightly different note.... I saw a clip of the dub. *weeps profusely* They killed it.... Shigure's not so bad, and Hatori's nice, but the others so far are saddening. *actually liked Yuki's girly voice* His dub voice disturbs me.... Uwaaaa........ Though I'd consider watching them to see what the others sound like.... especially Shigure's singsong voice. It's so cute! >.<
"You've gotta speak about those things you don't currently see as though they already exist. Back in the beginning, God didn't look into space and say, 'Gee, it's dark.' He called light into existence."

Gotta Getta Gundam. ;)

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1218170) wrote:Also, I hope never to hear "Nate" and "prance" in the same sentence again . . .
Kanerou

Postby Gypsy » Tue May 09, 2006 1:53 pm

I loved the FB dub, however, this thread is about the manga.

August isn't going to come soon enough, that's for sure. And in case I need to bring anyone up to speed on my takes, here they are: Tohru and Kyo, and I love Momiji. Can't help it, just do. ^^
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Ssjjvash » Tue May 09, 2006 2:15 pm

hey, how many are in the manga series? I just purchased the first three books.
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

Postby Sai » Thu May 11, 2006 7:40 am

I believe it is 21+ volumes right now.
"Bother"
Sai

Previous

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews