Gantz???

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Gantz???

Postby Tommy » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:35 am

I saw these scans for this series and it looked cool.
Just needed to doublecheck for innappropriate content.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:44 pm

i would asume that it has Gore by the bucket full (since the anime does) and nudity (again since the anime does) but i can't say for certain since i have not read it
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Tommy » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:22 pm

Thanks. I need a little more straightforward advice though.
Tommy

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:14 pm

seriously, don't read this. it is an M rated manga and is definately not for the faint of heart. it contains an insane amount of blood, gore, and violence. characters are ripped apart, smashed, run over, sliced and diced, choked, blown up, ect... this manga contains a LOT of nudity. very detailed. there's rape, sex, ect... the story and character development may be good, but there's way too much objectionable content. this manga would probably go in the same catagory as Berserk. there's also about 20 F-words per chapter and many other swear words as well.
jon_jinn

Postby Tommy » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:17 pm

ooooookkkkkkaaaaayyyyy.....

Rated M? Funny how scans don`t list ratings.

Thanks Jon Jinn.
Tommy

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:26 pm

anytime man. we need always be on the look out for each other. if you want to find some info on a manga or anime, then just go to http://www.animenewsnetwork.com. they have some pretty good reviews but some mangas might not have as much info as others due to popularity.
jon_jinn

Postby That Dude » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:07 pm

Well it looks like that one is definately out of the question then.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Neko Niisan » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:09 am

And to think Neo gave it 4 stars?!?
Will insert something intelligent here later... maybe

Where I doth lurk:
[MySpace][Facebook][DeviantART][No I have no life]
Neko Niisan

Postby That Dude » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:10 am

Who'se Neo?
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Arnobius » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:30 pm

I saw part of the anime (10 eps). Extreme and graphic violence, Sexually explicit, pervasive nudity. It was extremely controversial in Japan, and the manga was supposed to be full of stuff they couldn't put in the anime.

The story was very good, but it was definitely not for minors (given a TV-MA (VSLN) rating)
Arnobius

Postby That Dude » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:06 pm

Yeah it looked really interesting story wise but I've decided to stay away because of the junk in it.
That Dude

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:07 pm

yea me too cuz that stuff is just wrong *shudders*

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Tommy » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:29 pm

That Dude wrote:Who'se Neo?

The One.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Bianca » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:22 pm

WEIRD stuff that GANTZ. I am a fan myself. I like imaginative stories, and it doesn't take a fearless warrior to handle some suggestive themes. My sister is 10, and she loves GANTZ as well
Bianca

Postby Steeltemplar » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:23 pm

Bianca wrote:WEIRD stuff that GANTZ. I am a fan myself. I like imaginative stories, and it doesn't take a fearless warrior to handle some suggestive themes. My sister is 10, and she loves GANTZ as well

Well, naturally your parents may make what decisions they like about raising you and your sister.

However, the standards we go by as Christians (and therefore on this site) would dictate that this is not a manga which those under 18 should have any exposure to. While violence is a factor in that, explicit sexual content is certainly the most concerning aspect.
Headbangers United

"There is no surer sign of decay in a country than to see the rites of religion held in contempt." - Niccolo Machiavelli

"But even as Josue and Caleb declared that the Land of Promise was good and fair, and that the possession of it would be easy and pleasant; so the Holy Spirit, speaking by all the Saints, and our Blessed Lord Himself assure us that a devout life is a lovely, a pleasant, and a happy life." - from An Introduction to the Devout Life, by St. Francis de Sales

Loyal subject of Sakura-hime, the RP Princess.
CR-chan's faithful PNC.
FF-chan's NiichanB.
Steeltemplar

Postby Bianca » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:27 pm

I don't think you should say that. It's not about religion you know. Where most Christians may feel that way, you can't speak for everyone. I know a lot of Christians that are under 18 that enjoy GANTZ, Battle Royale, and other more suggestive series.

Anyway, I was not looking to start a debate, I was stating my opinion >_>
Bianca

Postby Steeltemplar » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:49 pm

Bianca wrote:I don't think you should say that. It's not about religion you know. Where most Christians may feel that way, you can't speak for everyone. I know a lot of Christians that are under 18 that enjoy GANTZ, Battle Royale, and other more suggestive series.

Anyway, I was not looking to start a debate, I was stating my opinion >_>

The reason the original poster made this thread in the first place was to, in fact, ascertain whether or not Gantz has objectionable content. By the standards which are generally held in common here, it is.

You may certainly have your own opinion and understand I am not condemning that opinion. However, I think it is important that, as there are younger members of this board who do seek to follow these certain content standards, we should be careful that they understand when something violates those standards. That is the entire reason I said anything. If one were to read your post, one would believe there was nothing seriously objectionable in Gantz. By the worldview espoused by the majority here, that is not the case. It does indeed contain content which we would wish to warn our younger Christian brethren to be careful of (in particular, that of a sexual nature).

If you have any further issue, I'm sorry. I do not wish a debate either. But the above is the reason why I felt it compelling to make any comment.
Headbangers United

"There is no surer sign of decay in a country than to see the rites of religion held in contempt." - Niccolo Machiavelli

"But even as Josue and Caleb declared that the Land of Promise was good and fair, and that the possession of it would be easy and pleasant; so the Holy Spirit, speaking by all the Saints, and our Blessed Lord Himself assure us that a devout life is a lovely, a pleasant, and a happy life." - from An Introduction to the Devout Life, by St. Francis de Sales

CR-chan's faithful PNC.
FF-chan's NiichanB.
Steeltemplar

Postby Bianca » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:51 pm

ah, i thought they were asking about GANTZ as a series. I misread then.
Bianca

Postby Steeltemplar » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:53 pm

Bianca wrote:ah, i thought they were asking about GANTZ as a series. I misread then.

Yeah. As I said, if you like it, that's fine :)
Headbangers United

CR-chan's faithful PNC.
FF-chan's NiichanB.
Steeltemplar

Postby Tommy » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:00 pm

Well, I did read the plot. I LOVE it. Except, I`m NOT buying any of the manga due to the content. F Bombs I can handle. Heavy violence. I can handle. Hentai, I cannot.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Arnobius » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:05 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:Well, I did read the plot. I LOVE it. Except, I`m NOT buying any of the manga due to the content. F Bombs I can handle. Heavy violence. I can handle. Hentai, I cannot.

It`s like taking the best Ice Cream Sundae in existance and pouring diahrea all over it. Would you still eat it?

<winces>
I nominate this post for the Mel Brooks Good Taste Award :shake:
Arnobius

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:10 pm

THATS COMPLETLY WRONG TOM!!!! but very very true but the violence is something that keeps me away also. Gantz i absolutly disgusting u see every thing *shudders*

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Tommy » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:25 pm

Well, it`s the best thing I could think of that wasn ot a solid.

I aplogize.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews