The network TV: anime schedule and schedule changes thread!

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:13 pm

Adult Swim Schedule

Monday, April 3 thru April 23

Bold are new eps.

Monday

12:30AM Full Metal Alchemist
01:00AM Samurai Champloo
01:30AM Trigun
03:30AM Full Metal Alchemist
04:00AM Samurai Champloo
04:30AM Trigun

Tuesday

12:30AM Inuyasha New eps
03:30AM Inuyasha

Wednesday

12:30AM Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig
03:30AM Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig

Thursday

12:30AM Neon Genesis Evangelion New ep
03:30AM Neon Genesis Evangelion

Saturday

12:00AM Full Metal Alchemist
12:30AM Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig New eps
01:00AM Neon Genesis Evangelion
01:30AM Cowboy Bebop
03:00AM Full Metal Alchemist
03:30AM Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig rerun of the 12:30am showing.
04:00AM Neon Genesis Evangelion
04:30AM Cowboy Bebop

Note: Heard that Eureka 7 will play on midnight Saturday slot on April 15, but still show TBD" on Adult Swim's TV schedule.

I will update it when I found out more.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:37 pm

Toonami Schedule

Saturday, April 8.

Bold text= new eps

7:00PM Transformers Cybertron
7:30PM Cartoon Network Movie -- Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
10:00PM Bobobo-bo Bo-Bobo
10:30PM Zatch Bell

Saturday, April 15

07:00PM Transformers Cybertron
07:30PM Dragon Ball Z
08:00PM Naruto
08:30PM Naruto
09:00PM Naruto
09:30PM Naruto
10:00PM Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo

Saturday, April 22

7:00PM Transformers Cybertron
7:30PM Dragon Ball Z
8:00PM Zatch Bell
8:30PM Naruto
9:00PM Naruto

Saturday, April 29

7:00PM Duel Masters
7:30PM Dragon Ball Z
8:00PM Zatch Bell
8:30PM Naruto
9:00PM Naruto
9:30PM One Piece
10:00PM Bobobo-bo Bo-Bobo

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby Sami_jane » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:27 pm

lol they are really going to try and catch up on the naruto eps. huh?
Sami_jane

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:16 pm

I know this is random and such, but I'd just like to pause for a moment and appreciate Wingzero22. I always am so thankful for members who care to consistently provide their fellow members with information. It's a wonderful service you give here, and it's one that I [especially when I finally get my Tivo *hugs hypothetical Tivo unit*], really appreciate! You're awesome!

*hug*
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:50 pm

Last time I checked they were replaying Inuyasha on 11:00 Saturday night are they still doing that?
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:17 pm

Fridays and beyond Schedule

Friday night, April 7

12:00AM Naruto
05:30AM Gundam Seed

Friday night, April 15

12:00AM Naruto
05:30AM Hack/Legend of the Twilight Bracelet

Gundam Seed and Hack will play every other Friday night Sat am

Also,

Wednesday, April 12 or that is what they show at that time.

07:00PM Spirited Away

Thursday, April 13

7:00PM My Neighbor Totoro

mitsuki lover wrote:Last time I checked they were replaying Inuyasha on 11:00 Saturday night are they still doing that?

The only date that I see that Inuyasha will be on Saturday is April 8. doesn't show that its on after that day.

Another Note: I know this is not anime but.

Saturday, April 22

CN will show the Ultimate Avengers the movie at 9:30PM.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby freerock1 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:57 pm

Wingzero22 wrote:Note: Heard that Eureka 7 will play on midnight Saturday slot on April 15, but still show TBD" on Adult Swim's TV schedule.

I will update it when I found out more.

It was in their upfront press release that they'd be running E7 in that slot (TV, not AS Fix--at least that's the way I read it), so I don't know why they're still listing it as TBD.
Theme Scripture: Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. (Galatians 5:1)

And a verse for all us single folks: Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas? (1 Corinthians 9:5)

:dance: Looking for a GOOD music mix? Check out these stations:
Grey FM Heartland -- a mix of Country and Contemporary Christian music (Listen Now!)
Grey FM Downtown -- a mix of mainstream and Christian pop and rock music (Listen Now!)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Location: In your computer speakers, if you're listening to ChargeRadio.com

Postby Sami_jane » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:04 pm

this is probably a stupid question but what does TBD stand for? :D
Sami_jane

Postby Rogie » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:51 pm

You're fine. TBD = "To Be Determined." :thumb:
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Postby Sami_jane » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:05 pm

rofl i knew it was going to be something that should be easy to figure out. now i feel stupid for not knowing what taht was. :P
Sami_jane

Postby Rogie » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:59 pm

Sami_jane wrote:rofl i knew it was going to be something that should be easy to figure out. now i feel stupid for not knowing what taht was. :P

No problem. The first time I saw it, it took me a while to figure out what "rofl" was. So it's always good to ask questions; it makes you smarter in the end. ^^
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Postby Sami_jane » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:09 pm

lol ok thanx. :D
Sami_jane

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:22 pm

Ok I checked at Adult Swim and the schedule for this Saturday is:
11-Midnight Inuyasha
Midnight Fullmetal Alchemist
12:30 Ghost In The Shell:Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig
1:00 Neon Genesis Evangelion
1:30 Cowboy Bebop
Next week:
11:00 Inuyasha
11:30 Fullmetal Alchemist
Midnight Eureka 7
12:30 Ghost In The Shell:Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig
1:00 Neon Genesis Evangelion
1:30 Cowboy Bebop
Actually Eureka 7 isn't listed but everyone should know by now that that's when it will be premiering.So in other words FMA moves up half hour following Inuyasha.
This ought to give them a strong start to their anime schedule on Saturdays.
Also on the Miguzi schedule:
4:30 Zatchbell
5:00 Yu-Gi-Oh!GX
mitsuki lover

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:00 pm

so they are tryign all anime again...let's hope it works this time...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby freerock1 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:57 pm

I think it was pretty much an off-the-cuff decision. There was basically no promotion for it. But the Venture Bros/Stroker & Hoop ratings in the 11:00 hour were sucking eggs, and apparently they didn't want to put Futurama or Boondocks back in, for whatever reason.

In any case, glad to see all-anime Saturday (well, unless you count the 5AM hour) is back, and with what should be a fairly strong lead hour. I hope they'll give it sufficient time to grow this time.
Theme Scripture: Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. (Galatians 5:1)

And a verse for all us single folks: Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas? (1 Corinthians 9:5)

Grey FM Heartland -- a mix of Country and Contemporary Christian music (Listen Now!)
Grey FM Downtown -- a mix of mainstream and Christian pop and rock music (Listen Now!)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby Sami_jane » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:20 am

i agree. im glad they put all anime back..althouht i wouldnt have minded if they put some of the old shows back to. like Wolfs Rain,Outlaw star, and Pilot candidate. lol but i dont see that happening anytime soon.
Sami_jane

Postby Sami_jane » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:33 am

i dont know if someone has already said this or not but the independant film channel has started showing Samarai 7 at 10:30. lol i didnt even know i got this channel until today.
Sami_jane

Postby freerock1 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:24 pm

FYI, AdultSwim.com has updated their schedule to reflect Eureka 7 Saturdays at midnight ET/PT beginning April 15. Also, I haven't seen it yet but from what I've been told AS is running an on-air promo for it during Action hours. Nice to see it's getting something of a push.

Also, thanks, Sami_jane, for reminding me about Samurai 7 on IFC; I was forgetting about it!

It looks like for now they're premiering new episodes Saturday nights at 10:30 ET (repeats three hours later), then running repeats Thursday nights at 11:30 ET.

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:08 pm

I don't know if they still have the rights to Outlaw Star it has been a long time since they aired it last.
mitsuki lover

Postby Sami_jane » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:24 pm

still, it would be nice to see that again. lol i can always wish.
Sami_jane

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:59 pm

I haven't seen it at all.One of these days I might buy it,I also want to get Vandread as well.
mitsuki lover

Postby freerock1 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:17 am

mitsuki lover wrote:I don't know if they still have the rights to Outlaw Star it has been a long time since they aired it last.

Yeah... from what I understand, the rights to most of the old school AS anime (Outlaw Star, Pilot Candidate, Gundam 0083, etc.) are gone. :( Cowboy Bebop and Inuyasha are about the only old-guard anime they still have licensed.

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:18 pm

That's because they're uberpopular.
mitsuki lover

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:53 pm

I just looked up the AS schedule and it looks like Bebop is replacing NGE on late
Thursday at 12:30.Also except for SBTB the schedule is pretty normal for the week.
mitsuki lover

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:04 pm

AU is officially in limbo for now.
mitsuki lover

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:43 pm

tonight:
12:30 a.m. Ghost In the Shell:Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG 'Excavation'
1:00 a.m. Samurai Champloo 'Tempestuous Tempers'
1:30 a.m. Trigun ' $$ 60,000,000,000 Man'
Saturday night's highlights include a rerun of the Inuyasha ep.'Miroku's Most Dangerous Confession'
Monday Miguzi starts rerunning Yu-Gi-Oh GX from the pilot ep.
Also don't forget reruns of Zatchbell on Miguzi Mon.-Fri. at 4:30 p.m.(Pacific)
mitsuki lover

Postby Sami_jane » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:26 am

i wonder why they are replacing NGE w/ CB. NGE isnt even over yet. i figured they would let it finish b/f they put another old anime back. im not complaining, cause i like CB alot more than NGE but it just kind of struck me as odd.
Sami_jane

Postby freerock1 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:30 am

NGE actually finished its Thursday run last week (unless you count the movies). It is still running on Saturday nights, though. :)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:12 pm

It only has the last two eps. to go this week and next.I wonder if since they're replacing it with Bebop starting tonight if that means it will only be on Saturdays from now or that they'll have something else instead.We shall have to wait and see.
mitsuki lover

Postby freerock1 » Sun May 07, 2006 10:38 pm

Some AS news...

Schedule changes:
- Samurai Champloo now airs Saturday nights at 1AM ET/PT. This began this past weekend.
- NGE begins a Monday-Thursday night run at 1AM ET/PT, beginning May 8.
- A non-anime announcement for the old-school action fans... Mr. T joins the block early Tuesday-Friday and Sunday mornings at 5:30AM ET/PT, beginning Sunday morning, May 20.

The AS Fix:
- New episodes of Eureka 7 and GitS: 2nd Gig are available online the day before they premiere on TV. Episode premieres are available for streaming at adultswim.com, Friday nights from 6PM-6AM Eastern Time.

News from the front office:
- Reportedly, a recent conversation with AS Programming Manager Kim Manning revealed that there will be one additional new anime premiering (I think they meant this year) after Bleach. The title has not yet been announced.
(Also of interest, apparently AS went after Samurai 7, Elfen Lied, and Gantz, but was outbid for S7 and had content issues with the other titles.)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews