The network TV: anime schedule and schedule changes thread!

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:22 pm

Hmmm....will have to wait and see what happens tonight then.Though I could see something like this coming since they added Banzai to the line up.
mitsuki lover

Postby Sami_jane » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:42 pm

they added some video game thing in place of it. thats pretty stupid if you ask me. dang, i just started watching rah xephon too <_<
Sami_jane

Postby rocklobster » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:19 am

freerock1 wrote:A bit of bad news... As of this weekend, Anime Unleashed is off G4's schedule. So far they haven't officially announced it cancelled, but no word yet from G4 on AU's return.

HOW DARE THEY!!!! COULDN'T THEY HAVE ENDED RAHXEPHON FIRST? That's it, I now declare a boycott of G4TV until they bring Anime Unleashed back! Who's with me? :comp: :rant: :mutter: :bang:
rocklobster

Postby Rexman64 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:42 am

I'm already boycotting G4 until they bring The Screen Savers back. None of this Attack of the Show crud.

*is bitter*
Don't defrost the alligator.

Boy, you're gonna carry that weight, carry that weight a long time...
Rexman64

Postby Sami_jane » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:14 am

im with both of you!!! i miss both of those shows! :(
Sami_jane

Postby Tommy » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:03 pm

What would an anime show be doing on a television show devoted to technology anyway?

I was curious to know how long Spirited Away will be and if any of the other anime shows on Toonami will be skipped other than Naruto and One Piece.

Lastly, when is IGPX returning?
Tommy

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:59 pm

The shows on AU all were originally related to technology in one way or another.Wheter they were cyberpunk like Lain or involved mecha like Dual or were based in the future like Crest of the Stars.

btw:I checked by looking up the AU forum and not even the rep. for G4 there knows what's happening with it.
mitsuki lover

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:42 pm

Ok one current theory is that they temporarily took it off the air in order to make the necessary adjusments to the new G4 format for the length of shows versus commercial time.Since they only had one full anime series(RahXephon)and two
others(Colorful and Cromartie High)that were cut for the correct length they had to take it off in order to make sure the rest of the series were also of the correct length for airing.As I say that is only one theory and I don't know how good that is.Still no actual word as to what is really going on and when or if it will be back.
On another note I went also to the AS schedule and Inuyasha is scheduled for both this Saturday and April 1 from 11:00-Midnight.However they will be rerunning the same two eps.both weeks.Not sure why but that is how the putative schedule looks like.Fortunately the new schedule doesn't seem to effect anime any.FMA,Inuyasha,GITS:SAC 2nd GIG(reruns)and NGE are still all scheduled at 12:30 a.m. weeknights.
mitsuki lover

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:54 pm

AU is still in limbo at the moment.One of the other forums I am on had a link to ANN and they basically just had what the G4 rep. on the AU forum was saying on there.So I clicked on to the link to ANN's forum and as can be supposed the response was pretty much as everywhere else.
G4 isn't making any friends with anime fans by now saying wheter or not AU is coming back or what's really going on.
Too bad Cartoon Network is also run by idiots..I mean without AU on now they could easily attract the more grown up anime fans by replacing the second run of
Fridays with an hour or two of anime.
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:32 pm

Adult Swim Acquires Eureka 7

It will premiere on Adult Swim's Fix April 14th and premiere on tv at midnight Saturday/Sunday morning slot on April 15/16.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:37 pm

YAY! new anime...

Is this a good anime though? o.O *goes to google.*

EDIT: Ahh another mecha anime. Might be good.

One question...ANN doesn't have any english VA's for this anime....is this the subbed anime that we could be seeing?
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:00 pm

ChristianRonin wrote: One question...ANN doesn't have any english VA's for this anime....is this the subbed anime that we could be seeing?

There is a dub cast for the anime. I guess ANN is being a little lazy or something, because if you scroll down to he very very buttom of the page, you will see one name in the english voice cast. AS right now has giving up on the sub anime project for now.

There not even anything about the english voice cast on the Eureka Seven web page.

Eureka Seven

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:29 pm

The page not working.Ok,will wait for it to air.So it will be replacing FMA on Saturdays then.I guess that means FMA will run only on Mondays when that happens.btw:I checked at the AS schedule page and they only have their schedule starting at 11 and not 10:30 so I wonder why they haven't revealed what they're putting on at the 10:30 spot.
Also before we forget it Inuyasha is still scheduled for two episodes this week and next as well on Saturday at 11-Midnight.
This week is supposed to be a replay of last week's two parter and next is the one where Kagome nearly becomes Mrs. Pork Roast! :lol:
mitsuki lover

Postby Yojimbo » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:51 pm

Is AMC showing the Samurai 7 series? Yesterday I was vegging out with my cousin watching the Bond marathon and I swear I saw a promo for Samurai 7 on AMC. I did a quick search on their website but didn't find anything neither did on a Google one. But I know I saw it without a doubt.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:36 pm

Yojimbo wrote:Is AMC showing the Samurai 7 series? Yesterday I was vegging out with my cousin watching the Bond marathon and I swear I saw a promo for Samurai 7 on AMC. I did a quick search on their website but didn't find anything neither did on a Google one. But I know I saw it without a doubt.

hmmm, I know the movie Seven Samurai was played on TCM last week or so at like 3 or 4 am. As for the anime, I haven't heard anything about AMC showing any anime. TMC did show SA on Sat at 2 pm.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:30 pm

1.The week night anime schedule for AS remains the same.
2.Inuyasha for the next couple weeks will air 2 episodes starting at 11 on Saturdays.
3.AU has not said anything about what is happening with them.Best speculation is since there has been no announcement of it being cancelled that they are simply waiting to reformat the new series they acquired before putting it back on.That is only a guess though.
4.Eurkea 7 will be avaible on DVD around April 25 or so.
mitsuki lover

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:41 pm

4.Eurkea 7 will be avaible on DVD around April 25 or so.

Wha--!? Are they showing Eureka 7 on CN? Since when?!

Edit: NM. Found the answer. April 14th! Wow, awesome.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Sami_jane » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:21 am

sooo has anyone actually watched this anime b/f and liked it?
Sami_jane

Postby rocklobster » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:23 pm

Sami, it is quite new. It debuted on DVD in April, so I'm not sure many of us have seen it. I'm excited, since Bones is becoming one of my favorite studios.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Sami_jane » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:34 pm

oooo huh. oh well i guess we will all find out soon enough. lol then we can start a thread on it. :D
Sami_jane

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:03 pm

Wingzero22 wrote:This is my picks on what maybe showed on AS or Toonami.

Trinity Blood. Funimation has the rights to this show, but it will not be coming out here in the states in Summer of this year.

Beck : This could be the subtitle that we have been waiting for.

Eureka 7 could go to Toonami and Bandai has the rights to it.

Now these are just guesses by me and I just want to see if I could be right on the picks.

Wingzero22

Darn, I was only right on one of them.

I still think that Trinity Blood will come to AS later in the year. As for Beck, I don't see it coming over for now.

But CN needs to buy more anime or so.

Eureka 7 and Bleach are the only thing that they are getting right now. Blah!

Maybe they will try to get the rights to the stuff that AU has if they are not going to show it anymore.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby Sami_jane » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:33 pm

technically speaking you were only half right. :D you said toonami would show it, but AS is. :) i suppose its close enough tho....it is the same channel after all.
Sami_jane

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:31 pm

April 14 is a Friday and since CN no longer shows anime on Friday nights I would guess that Eureka 7 is going to be actually airing on the 15th which is Saturday.
When will Bleach air?
I do know that CN does have the rights to air Gundam Seed Destiny.
Also Inuyasha will continue to air at 12:30 a.m. Tuesday night/Wednesday morning
through to September.
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:38 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:April 14 is a Friday and since CN no longer shows anime on Friday nights I would guess that Eureka 7 is going to be actually airing on the 15th which is Saturday.

I think they date is for Friday night fix.

I know they are going to do that as show it on the net first before it will be aired on TV.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:19 pm

I think it will be replacing FMA on Saturdays at the Midnight slot,at least that was what someone here listed it as being.That would mean that FMA would go to Mondays only if it is true.
mitsuki lover

Postby rocklobster » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:47 am

Here's what I know about Eureka 7. It's a 50-episode series about a kid that wants to be a robot pilot and gets his wish when one crashlands into his grandpa's garage. He then joins Gekkostate, a rebel alliance fighting some totalitarian empire. The animation is done by Bones, the same studio that did Full Metal Alchemist, Wolf's Rain, and Rahxephon. I'm quite intrigued, as Bones is becoming one of my favorite studios now.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:03 pm

Should be good animation wise then.
mitsuki lover

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:05 pm

Didn't Bones do Cowboy Bebop too? I thought they did....

I like Bones as well, their anime is becoming really sucsessful.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby rocklobster » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:53 pm

Actually, they only did the movie.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:12 am

I will post the lineup for CN tomorrow.

Just a quick note.

ANN wrote:Turner Classic Movies will air several Studio Ghibli film in May:

Friday, May 5
2 A.M. Castle in the Sky
4:15 A.M. Porco Rosso

Friday, May 12
2 A.M. Princess Mononoke