an explanation for X/1999 being on hiatus...

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

an explanation for X/1999 being on hiatus...

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:01 pm

Although I've never actually read the manga, I was always wondering why this CLAMP title (out of 3) has been put on hold for so long. So here's a snipit for that AnimeNewsNetwork interview, on what Ohkawa of CLAMP gives for an explanation:

" Speaking of X... I’ve been asked oh-so-many times (laugh). However, there are many social problems happening right now, in Japan and around the globe. Many people have died because of major earthquakes, plus there were several horrible murders committed by juveniles in Japan (note: Sakakibara Seito) – both are related to the story of X. Those reasons made it difficult to continue serializing in a shoujo manga magazine. Basically, we want to finish the work, but serializing it is difficult, so we are still looking for a suitable magazine to serialize it till the end."

(Rest of the interview can be found here).

...just if any fans were wondering about a reason.
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Mave » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:58 pm

If I'm correct, this series seems to have frozed right where I didn't want it to....

[spoiler=Sorata Hinoto Arashi] Sorata and Arashi get together. Arashi goes to Hinoto and the dreamer (the evil side of her at least) does something to her (traps her or something??). Sorata is pretty upset and confronts her. TO BE CONTINUED[/spoiler]

Ahhhhh!! Someone pls tell me whether this is where it stops or whether I've been missing the continuation 'coz being a Sorashi fan, I can't help being a little frustrated.
Mave

Postby Lynx » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:13 pm

i picked up this series cheap on ebay in japanese, i was wondering when they were gonna finish it, i've been checking ebay periodically for a new volume but i never found one... this explains!
In my heart's sequestered chambers
Lie truths stripped of poet's gloss...
Lynx

Postby Debitt » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:27 pm

...hmm...for not continuing X...were they worried about public sensitivity or just personal conviction?

Either way, I've always found the hiatus disappointing. X/1999 and Tokyo Babylon were the 2 CLAMP titles that I found really engrossing. Outside of those series I'm just a casual fan.

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Kami » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:34 am

OMG O_O !!!! :: Fangirl squeal :: I love X/1999 ! -Favorite series- I heard they are coming to America as well ! I can't wait. Where I left off in the series is :

[spoiler] When Fuuma and Subaru are facing Kamui trying to make him admit his "real " wish and Arashi already found out she lost her sword. D: BAD CLIFFHANGER. [/spoiler]

Anywho ! ^_^ Nyah.

-Kami
FKA snowangel kamui

The future has yet to be determined...

" OHMYGOSH. Maybe it IS THE PHARMACIST. " -Me

" I swear. Sony and Nintendo have been fighting for years. They're like two fat kids wanting the last cupcake on earth. " - Me

Please visit mine and Yeito's site :
www.akame.iwarp.com
Kami

Postby Arnobius » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:53 pm

Maybe they realized the series is already six years past 1999 and dropped it?
Arnobius

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews