Asian Kung-Fu Generation

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Asian Kung-Fu Generation

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:17 pm

Who likes this band? I find this to be my favorite jrock band (Well, rather favorite rock band in general) Anybody else fans of them? Some of my favorite songs include: Mirai No Kakera. Loop & Loop, Kona Yuki, Kimi to iu Hana, Rashiban, and Rewrite. I love it how that they are like all almost 30 and playing because they like to (Atleast it seems so) and they aren't Visual Kei and trying to attract people with look (don't get me wrong. I'm not hating visual kei)

Also be sure to check out some music videos
Loop & Loop
Kimi To Iu Hana
Rewrite
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby TrigunX89 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:17 am

Awesome! Thanks for posting those vids. I've been meaning to check out this band. I like what I see/hear!
TrigunX89

Postby Sephiroth » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:50 am

yea, i've liked em ever since i heard haruka kanata as a naruto intro song.

not seen those vids before tho thx.
Largo (Megatokyo): "Its this thing... and its like, cool... and it does things... cool things!"

Ph34r t3h Cu73 0n3z!
Sephiroth

Postby Mave » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:13 pm

I like some of their songs, namely Kaigandori, Kimi to lu Hana, Mugen Glider, Rasuto, Re re and Sono Wake wo. Ronin introduced me to this group. My conclusion: Not bad, not bad at all. I personally find their style pretty funky and unique. *nods*
Mave

Postby BrandonHeat » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:06 pm

Rewrite is awesome. Although I'll admit the only reason I even heard this in the 1st place was because of FMA...
"People who sin say this, 'That they had to, to survive.' People who sin say this, 'That it is too late to stop.' That shadow called sin dogs them steadily. Without a word, remorse and agony are repeated, to finally end up at despair. But sinners don't know that if they turn around there is a light, a light that keeps shining on them ever so warmly, a light that will never fade."

-Vash the Stampede
BrandonHeat

Postby narutofreak » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:58 pm

I love them. Kimo To Iu Hana and Loop and Loop are my top favorites! By the way, I emailed saying that many fans over in the USA want them to tour over here. Guess what, I got a reply from their English translator they are considering touring here this year. WOOOHOOOOO! Now all we need is Hyde to come over to tour the East coast!!
narutofreak

Postby Tommy » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:00 pm

I haven't heard them, but my friend Josh likes them.
If you guys remember Monkey J. Luffy here, yeah, that's him. XD
Tommy

Postby crossalchemist » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:25 pm

I started to like AKG when I heard Rewrite on FMA and then I started to like them as a band because all of their lyrics (at least the english trans that I've seen so far) are clean and now I have almost every song they've ever made. FLASHBACK is my favorite, despite how short it is.

EDIT: Here's the best fansite for AKG: akfgfan.com

They have english trans of all the lyrics and a literal ton of other info.
formerly known as linwood

"The power of Christ forgives you!"
-Brett (a friend from college, parodying the famous line from 'The Exorcist'.)

My new homepage!

My Infamously Semi-Famous Story Blog:
The Sheehy Brothers Adventures!

Dr. Bryan Enderle, Chemistry lecturer at the University of California at Davis gives an excellent talk on Science vs. Faith once in a great while. I tried to record it once, with very limited success, this link is what I have.
Science vs. Faith
crossalchemist

Location: Somewhere far far away, where they'll never find me.

Postby KBMaster » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:24 pm

I like this band. They have a very unique sound. I like Mirai no Kakera, Rewrite, and Loop and loop. I like another one by them, but I don't remember the name.
KBMaster

Postby rocklobster » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:17 pm

Is it just me or is the theme they did for Naruto's 3rd opening pretty similar to Rewrite?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Kkun » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:07 am

rocklobster wrote:Is it just me or is the theme they did for Naruto's 3rd opening pretty similar to Rewrite?

I think they're both written in the same key, but that's about it. Some of the chords are the same, so the guitar licks are kind of similar.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:29 am

I noticed that, too. A few times I've caught myself humming one and somehow mixing the other into it.
Anyway, I bought their album "Sol-fa" at last year's Otakon. They're not exactly my favorite J-rock band, but pretty good nonetheless.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:47 am

rocklobster wrote:Is it just me or is the theme they did for Naruto's 3rd opening pretty similar to Rewrite?

It was Naruto's second opening, called "Haruka Kanata".
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Kkun » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:54 am

Yeah, I've done that, too, Spoony. It's kinda weird.

Anyway, I lurve Sol-Fa and would like to get some of their other albums, too, if they weren't so expensive. Heh heh.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Return to Jam Session