Future of Manga?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:58 am

Boy, what can I say that hasn't already been said a million different ways here? Sheesh. If 4Kids has enough sense to fire Kahn, I'll have that much more respect for them. Oh wait, no I won't. But it couldn't hurt.
If I may take it off of 4Kids for a moment, I chuckled at the phrase "Brokeback Manga" at the bottom of the article. Particularly because Brokeback Mountain, despite critical acclaim and being bound to recieve awards, did very poorly in the box office in comparison with all the other movies (Narnia, for instance, mopped the floor with it). I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing Shounen/Shoujo Ai manga, despite its small-scale popularity, is following a similar pattern at least for now.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Kanerou » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:13 am

I didn't even read it all, but his language itself lowers my opinion of him. It's not inappropriate, but it's certainly not professional by any means. If we wrote an essay like that, we'd be in trouble.

Edit: my mistake. I should've payed more attention to the word "speech." :sweat: But it seems to me that the problem with manga is not the reading bit, but a lack of imagination associated with reading it. We don't have to form the pictures in our minds because it's already there for us.
"You've gotta speak about those things you don't currently see as though they already exist. Back in the beginning, God didn't look into space and say, 'Gee, it's dark.' He called light into existence."

Gotta Getta Gundam. ;)

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1218170) wrote:Also, I hope never to hear "Nate" and "prance" in the same sentence again . . .
Kanerou

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:31 am

Kanerou wrote:But it seems to me that the problem with manga is not the reading bit, but a lack of imagination associated with reading it. We don't have to form the pictures in our minds because it's already there for us.

There doesn't seem to really be a problem with manga, though. Besides, anime provides not only pictures, but moving pictures. In color. With voices. And it's popular enough.

Edit: Oh, I guess you mean "the problem" as far as how you personally see things. Okay. Sorry, I don't mean to get on your case or anything.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Previous

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews